"Chicago's tech scene has grown tremendously over the past several years because of our deep talent pool, global connectivity, world-class infrastructure, affordability and amazing quality of life," said Mayor Emanuel. "BlueCrew joins the long list of businesses choosing Chicago for their future. I look forward to seeing BlueCrew prosper in Chicago for years to come."
BlueCrew, an IAC-owned company, is an on-demand staffing platform that connects top employers nationwide with pre-qualified candidates through its mobile application where candidates can accept jobs in real-time. In addition to relocating its corporate HQ, on April 1st BlueCrew will launch its on-demand staffing platform for flexible W-2 work throughout the Chicago area, providing thousands of jobs to hourly workers across industries including warehousing, e-commerce, hospitality, and events. On average, BlueCrew Crew Members work approximately 30 hours per week on the platform.
Founded in 2015, BlueCrew offers a sustainable on-demand job model that puts workers first, offering health insurance, overtime, sick pay, and longer-term opportunities. BlueCrew fills 90 percent of employer jobs in less than three days while traditional staffing agencies fill 60–70 percent with an average lead-time of two weeks. BlueCrew has seen rapid employer adoption over the past year and plans to aggressively expand its presence to 30 U.S. markets in 2019.
More on illi News
- Central Illinois manufacturer holds Open House to celebrate new expanded corporate headquarters
- Mayor Lightfoot Appoints Mellody Hobson To Serve as Vice Chair of World Business Chicago
- MC Companies Clears The Air On New Smoking Policies
- Company Creating New Intelligent Pillow, Seeks Participants in Beta
- An Enchanted Racetrack Awaits in the Novel, Stairway to Heaven
"We're thrilled to be opening our new Chicago headquarters among some of the best tech companies and talent in the world," said Adam Roston, CEO of BlueCrew. "Despite a record tight labor market, an overwhelming number of Americans aren't getting the reliable work and employment protections they need to make a dependable living wage. Gig economy apps have delivered the flexibility and control but without overtime, workers' compensation, health insurance, and other benefits. We believe Americans deserve more: both flexible, reliable work opportunities and worker protection. It shouldn't have to be an either or. We're equally thrilled to be launching our platform in Chicago next month to bring thousands of flexible W-2 jobs to Chicago."
"I want to thank Adam, Gino and the rest of the BlueCrew for their vote of confidence in Chicago and in Illinois," said Deputy Governor Dan Hynes. "Our dedicated workforce and our emergence as a leading tech hub are a perfect fit for what BlueCrew brings to Illinois. Governor Pritzker was a pioneer in developing tech jobs before he took office and his commitment continues with the support for BlueCrew and the other companies who continue the trend of making Chicago a tech leader."
BlueCrew is the 58th company to announce its headquarters in Chicago since Mayor Emanuel took office in 2011. On March 4, Site Selection magazine named Chicago the top metro area in the nation for corporate relocation and investment for the sixth consecutive year.
"With its booming technology and innovation economy, Chicago continues to attract top tech companies and talent from around the world," said Andrea Zopp, president and CEO of World Business Chicago. "We are thrilled to welcome BlueCrew into our thriving tech ecosystem and look forward to watching them grow."
More on illi News
- Conference Concierge Launches Revolutionary Networking Platform And Tools For Festival Success At Cannes
- Santana Equipment Trading Celebrates their 20-year Anniversary Announcing Move and Expansion
- QueueDr Adds Seasoned Healthcare Entrepreneur, Michael Brody-Waite, to Board of Directors
- Legionella Monitoring and Control
- Jenny Bienemann's "Haiku Milieu" Chicago Release Concert at Uncommon Ground Edgewater on July 11, 7-9 pm
From the city's average of 334 digital start-ups launched per year to expansion announcements from major tech companies like Salesforce and Facebook, tech remains Chicago's fastest-growing industry sector. BlueCrew's announcement follows recent HQ relocation and expansion announcements by Google, DocuSign, and Tegus. Tegus, a financial tech company, also relocated their headquarters from San Francisco to Chicago this month, and DocuSign announced an expanded office in Chicago following its September 2018 acquisition of Chicago-based SpringCM. Google announced earlier this year plans to add hundreds of new jobs in Chicago over the next two years. BlueCrew joins a list of over 80 technology companies who have relocated to Chicago or grown their footprint in Chicago since 2011.
Founded in 2015, BlueCrew is the only on-demand platform exclusively for flexible W-2 work. Job seekers turn to BlueCrew for sustainable and reliable employment that fits their schedules across a broad range of industries including warehousing, logistics, e-commerce, events, delivery, and hospitality.
BlueCrew is disrupting the traditional staffing model (an industry worth $130 billion which is almost exclusively offline) with a mobile-first platform that offers workers control, flexibility, and protection, while instantly connecting them to high quality, short and long-term employment opportunities. Unlike gig economy platforms, all Crew Members are W-2 employees of BlueCrew, receiving benefits and protections like minimum wage, overtime, sick pay, and workers' compensation. BlueCrew is headquartered in Chicago with a presence in markets nationwide and is owned and operated by IAC. Learn more at https://www.bluecrewjobs.com/
Latest on illi News
- E.G. Woode Launches Crowdfunding Campaign on Bluefundrewards Platform
- Hercules Real Estate Services Acquires First Community In Jacksonville, FL
- Buffalo's Oldest Orthodox Christian Church Celebrates 125th Anniversary
- Formerly Homeless Latino Software Engineer Proves Talent on "Whiteboard Challenge" Show
- Join Our Personalization App Party and Make Your Phone Look UNIQUE
- AAST Position Statement for Support of the Start School Later Initiative
- Telaeris Announces New Integration with Kantech Entrapass Access Control
- Extraordinarily High Wages For Cannabis Workers In SVG From Foreign Investor – Cannavais
- Triage Partners Licenses WipIT™ SaaS to Global Logistics Company
- Blackhawk Plastic Surgery Welcomes Expert Plastic Surgeon, Timothy Rankin MD
- Introducing the 2019 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- One Park Financial Honored with "Company of the Year" Stevie® Award
- Woman-Owned B2B Publisher Addresses Industry Gender Gap
- Reimagine Retail Chicagoland Supports Stable Scheduling in Chicago's Workforce
- Star Launches New Tool for Branding Made Simple
- National ATM Council Announces Debbi Haacke as Vice-Chair of NAC Governmental Affairs Committee
- Aura Alliance Partners with InfoPlus
- Experience Nature & Samurai Culture, Early Autumn in Nikko and Aizu, Japan
- Larrys Diner Offers Outdoor Dining in Plainfield
- New Website for Larrys Restaurant in Plainfield IL