"I am thrilled to appoint Mellody Hobson, a prominent business leader from Chicago, to serve as the vice chair of World Business Chicago, and would like to thank Michael Sacks for his service as vice chair," said Mayor Lightfoot. "As a distinguished executive in the business world and a dedicated servant to her community, Mellody has experienced firsthand the important role that businesses play in ensuring that as they thrive, so do our neighboring communities. Mellody will bring a wealth of experience to WBC's work as a major driver of business growth for all of Chicago."
As vice chair, Hobson will provide leadership for WBC to continue to accomplish its mission of driving inclusive economic growth and job creation, supporting businesses, and promoting Chicago as a major global city. She will work with the business community to ensure collaboration to execute Mayor Lightfoot's vision for building a Chicago that is stronger, fairer, and more prosperous for every resident in every neighborhood.
More on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces $1.2 Billion Debt Refinancing to Save $200 Million In 2020 Budget
- Local Plant Festival celebrates 25 years
- 8 Ways To Give Back To Your Community During The Holidays, from the Rotary Santa Run
- The Rotary Santa Run Has 6 Reasons To Explore Arlington Heights
- Ponos Industries LLC Amends Tender Offer for Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
"I am honored to join Mayor Lightfoot and World Business Chicago to advance their mission of inclusive economic growth throughout Chicago," said Hobson. "Chicago is a leading global business hub, and I look forward to partnering with our corporate and civic communities to ensure that the continued growth and prosperity of our downtown district extends to all of Chicago's neighborhoods."
Hobson has been an advocate for investor education and serves in a number of community leadership positions. She serves as chair of After School Matters and recently completed her term as chair of The Economic Club of Chicago. In addition, she is co-chair of the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art and is a board member of the George Lucas Education Foundation. She is also vice chair of the Board of Starbucks Corporation and a director of JPMorgan Chase. Hobson is a member of the Rockefeller Foundation Board of Trustees, and serves on the executive committee of the Investment Company Institute's board of governors.
"Mellody Hobson is a tireless advocate for Chicago, and we are thrilled to welcome her as vice chair of World Business Chicago," said Andrea Zopp, president and CEO of WBC. "As a leading voice for economic inclusivity, along with her corporate work and civic leadership, Mellody is the perfect person to support our work towards a Chicago economy that works for all of its citizens. She will be a great addition to build on the work done under outgoing vice chair Michael Sacks, whose dedication and commitment has been integral to World Business Chicago's success over the past eight years."
More on illi News
- Lucd and Edge Technology Group Enterprise AI Agreement
- SecureEPLS Broadens Service with Additional Exclusion Lists
- Elaine LaLanne and Jaime Brenkus Release New Book, If You Want To Live Move!
- Visit Corsicana: Nov. 2nd Concert Honors Country Music Hall of Fame Member, Lefty Frizzell
- 21st Asia CemenTrade Summit Spotlights on Regional Cement Demand-Supply Trends, Sustainable Technologies
WBC's Board of Directors consists of 87 Chicago corporate and civic leaders. Michael J. Sacks, chairman and CEO of GCM Grosvenor, served as past vice chairman since 2011, and will remain on the board of directors.
"I applaud Mayor Lightfoot for making Mellody a partner in her commitment to inclusive economic growth by appointing her to serve in the vice chair position," said Sacks, outgoing vice chair. "I have no doubt that together they will ensure the organization is a valuable partner in driving growth and equality for Chicago, and I look forward to staying on to support their efforts."
Latest on illi News
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- Naperville Electric Utility Offers Solar Rebates for Homeowners
- MuirWoods Memory Care, Petaluma's Comeback Kid
- JE Tomes now offering Colored Concrete Products
- Mayor Lightfoot and the Chicago Park District Announce Agreement with SEIU Local 73
- Various Measures Introduced to and Approved by the Chicago City Council
- Former Boys & Girls Club re-opens as West Cook County Youth Club
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- DCS to Showcase Real-Time Plant Visibility at The Quality Show in Chicago
- Tidewater area restaurant The Dirty Buffalo announces Grand Opening for Virginia Beach location
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- CDI Global Advises DeliTruff in Sweet Belgian Chocolate Deal
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17