"I am thrilled to appoint Mellody Hobson, a prominent business leader from Chicago, to serve as the vice chair of World Business Chicago, and would like to thank Michael Sacks for his service as vice chair," said Mayor Lightfoot. "As a distinguished executive in the business world and a dedicated servant to her community, Mellody has experienced firsthand the important role that businesses play in ensuring that as they thrive, so do our neighboring communities. Mellody will bring a wealth of experience to WBC's work as a major driver of business growth for all of Chicago."
As vice chair, Hobson will provide leadership for WBC to continue to accomplish its mission of driving inclusive economic growth and job creation, supporting businesses, and promoting Chicago as a major global city. She will work with the business community to ensure collaboration to execute Mayor Lightfoot's vision for building a Chicago that is stronger, fairer, and more prosperous for every resident in every neighborhood.
More on illi News
- Rockford, Illinois Cemetery Book Set For 815 Day Release
- Helix Hospitality Announces Acquisition of Columbus, Ohio Properties
- CDI Global Sweden Negotiates Key e-Commerce Acquisition
- Chicago: Statement from Mayor Lightfoot on the Rescue of the Alligator in the Humboldt Park Lagoon
- CSW Solutions is now a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
"I am honored to join Mayor Lightfoot and World Business Chicago to advance their mission of inclusive economic growth throughout Chicago," said Hobson. "Chicago is a leading global business hub, and I look forward to partnering with our corporate and civic communities to ensure that the continued growth and prosperity of our downtown district extends to all of Chicago's neighborhoods."
Hobson has been an advocate for investor education and serves in a number of community leadership positions. She serves as chair of After School Matters and recently completed her term as chair of The Economic Club of Chicago. In addition, she is co-chair of the Lucas Museum of Narrative Art and is a board member of the George Lucas Education Foundation. She is also vice chair of the Board of Starbucks Corporation and a director of JPMorgan Chase. Hobson is a member of the Rockefeller Foundation Board of Trustees, and serves on the executive committee of the Investment Company Institute's board of governors.
"Mellody Hobson is a tireless advocate for Chicago, and we are thrilled to welcome her as vice chair of World Business Chicago," said Andrea Zopp, president and CEO of WBC. "As a leading voice for economic inclusivity, along with her corporate work and civic leadership, Mellody is the perfect person to support our work towards a Chicago economy that works for all of its citizens. She will be a great addition to build on the work done under outgoing vice chair Michael Sacks, whose dedication and commitment has been integral to World Business Chicago's success over the past eight years."
More on illi News
- Hello Sustainable Hair: New Mom Gretchen Rossi Partners with OMORFIE
- Mayor Lightfoot, Chicago Police Superintendent Johnson Welcome New Recruits to The Academy
- The Global Glow: The founder behind beauty powerhouse MineTan is taking over the self tan industry
- National Testing Network Recognized by Governing Magazine
- ARi President/CEO, Ravi Gudapati, Accepted into Forbes Technology Council
WBC's Board of Directors consists of 87 Chicago corporate and civic leaders. Michael J. Sacks, chairman and CEO of GCM Grosvenor, served as past vice chairman since 2011, and will remain on the board of directors.
"I applaud Mayor Lightfoot for making Mellody a partner in her commitment to inclusive economic growth by appointing her to serve in the vice chair position," said Sacks, outgoing vice chair. "I have no doubt that together they will ensure the organization is a valuable partner in driving growth and equality for Chicago, and I look forward to staying on to support their efforts."
Latest on illi News
- 3D Tour Gallery Photography announces New Virginia Theatre Stage Photo
- MMX Launches Adult Domain Name Trademark Protection Service
- Burroughs, Inc. Announces New Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operations Officer
- Plaintiff Contends: DHS not following OPM Policies and Procedures in Hiring Military Veteran holding 30-Point Preference Status
- Advanced Tree Care Highlights its Commercial Tree Services
- Kid Friendly Healthy Summer Snacks
- When You Can't Escape, Cater in with Delicious Food from Catering with Elegance
- Catering Menus Worth Sharing, from Catering with Elegance
- Naperville Police Make Felony Burglary Arrest
- Mayor Lightfoot Announces Additional Protections and Resources for Chicago's Immigrant and Refugee Communities
- City Barbeque wins People's Choice at Ribfest Chicago
- Naperville Police Offer July 25 College Safety Presentation for Students and Parents
- Las Vegas Based Comedian Don Barnhart Releases Clean Family-Friendly Comedy Special
- Naperville: Van Buren Parking Deck Rehabilitation Work to Begin Week of July 15
- AUA, Charles Drew University Join Forces to Increase Med School Diversity
- Al Jarreau Tribute Album Debuts Today
- New Break-through Weight Loss Program NeuroSystem7 Helps Dieters Reboot Their Metabolism In 7 Days
- Using PCIe SSDs to the limit. StarWind teamed up with Mellanox, Intel, and Supermicro to build the fastest hyperconverged cluster ever
- Song to Honor the Memory of JFK Jr
- Longfin consultant is speaking out on the SEC's case