The purpose of the Commissioners' Award is to recognize a sworn member of the department, up to and including the rank of sergeant, who goes above and beyond the call of duty and gives back to the police service through mentoring, volunteering and/or serving as a role model to other members of the department or those in the community.
The nomination deadline is Friday, April 19. Nomination forms are available at www.naperville.il.us/bfpc.
More on illi News
- Central Illinois manufacturer holds Open House to celebrate new expanded corporate headquarters
- Mayor Lightfoot Appoints Mellody Hobson To Serve as Vice Chair of World Business Chicago
- MC Companies Clears The Air On New Smoking Policies
- Company Creating New Intelligent Pillow, Seeks Participants in Beta
- An Enchanted Racetrack Awaits in the Novel, Stairway to Heaven
The Commissioners' Award will be presented at the annual Citizens Appreciate Public Safety (CAPS) awards banquet on May 16, 2019. For more information about this event, visit www.napervillecaps.com/events.
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners (BOFPC) is responsible for recruiting, selecting and appointing qualified candidates for the positions of police officer and firefighter/paramedic. The board is also responsible for the promotional process for the fire lieutenants and captains and police sergeants, including the testing and selection processes. The Board conducts disciplinary hearings or appeals of disciplinary action in the Fire and Police Departments. The BOFPC is established through Illinois State Statutes, the Illinois Municipal Code and the Naperville Municipal Code.
Latest on illi News
- Topaz Information Solutions adds key partner True Mobile Health to enhance care to provider organizations
- The Florida Association of Legal Document Preparer's (FALDP) 10th Annual Conference to be held September 14, 2019 in Daytona Beach, FL
- San Diego Luxury Brokerage Willis Allen Real Estate Launches New Tech Stack
- Ad Spending Continues Robust Increase In 2020
- The Backyard EXPERIENCE hosting the 2nd Annual CHUCK JONES BASEBALL BIG DRAW June 22nd at the
- PINC recognized as a standout exhibitor during the largest ProMat expo in the 34-year history
- Premier Pain & Spine to introduce Ketamine Infusion Therapy at all 4 Chicagoland Locations
- Caruso Produce Enhances Technology and Looks to Future Growth with New ERP Software
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, CPS Launch Groundbreaking Summer Program for City's Most Vulnerable Youth
- EMKAY and Motorq Announce Partnership
- Michael Jordan, author of The Company of Demons, News and Events
- NATP Voices Support for Taxpayer Protection and Preparer Proficiency Act of 2019
- Independent Rom-Com Series "Public Displays Of Insanity" Hits Amazon With Fresh Take On The Biz
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Growing Regional Footprint in Rosemont
- Amy Shrader Represents Seller of CardNal Cove Campground in Rutledge TN
- E.G. Woode Launches Crowdfunding Campaign on Bluefundrewards Platform
- Hercules Real Estate Services Acquires First Community In Jacksonville, FL
- Buffalo's Oldest Orthodox Christian Church Celebrates 125th Anniversary
- Formerly Homeless Latino Software Engineer Proves Talent on "Whiteboard Challenge" Show
- Join Our Personalization App Party and Make Your Phone Look UNIQUE