The purpose of the Commissioners’ Award is to recognize a sworn member of the department, up to and including the rank of sergeant, who goes above and beyond the call of duty and gives back to the police service through mentoring, volunteering and/or serving as a role model to other members of the department or those in the community.
The nomination deadline is Friday, April 19. Nomination forms are available at www.naperville.il.us/bfpc.
More on illi News
- Arctic Encounter Presents 6th Annual Flagship Symposium
- Saf-Gard/Vulcan Safety Shoe Company Opens Location in Charleston, SC
- DMS CEO Joe Marinucci Named Finalist For Prestigious E&Y Entrepreneur Of The Year Award
- Chicago: Mayor Emanuel Joins CTA, CDOT And Alderman Burnett To Launch New Program to Prioritize Bus Service on Popular Routes
- Mayor Emanuel Interviews Venture Capitalist and Peres Center for Peace and Innovation Chairman Chemi Peres on “Chicago Stories” Podcast
The Commissioners’ Award will be presented at the annual Citizens Appreciate Public Safety (CAPS) awards banquet on May 16, 2019. For more information about this event, visit www.napervillecaps.com/events.
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners (BOFPC) is responsible for recruiting, selecting and appointing qualified candidates for the positions of police officer and firefighter/paramedic. The board is also responsible for the promotional process for the fire lieutenants and captains and police sergeants, including the testing and selection processes. The Board conducts disciplinary hearings or appeals of disciplinary action in the Fire and Police Departments. The BOFPC is established through Illinois State Statutes, the Illinois Municipal Code and the Naperville Municipal Code.
Latest on illi News
- Naperville’s Retiring Emergency Communications Manager Named Telecommunicator of the Year
- Mayor Emanuel, Choose Chicago Release 2018 Annual Tourism Report
- Agency on Aging Hosts 45th Annual Meeting & Community Partner Recognition Luncheon
- Chicago: Mayor Emanuel, Alderman Burnett Join Shapack and Focus to Break Ground on the Newest Fulton Market Development
- Meals on Wheels of Central Maryland, Inc. will hold an event to raise awareness of the over 1 million meals served each year to the homebound in MD
- Karting Miami - First Indoor, Electric Go Kart Track in South Florida with Open-Wheeled Cars - Coming Soon to Dezerland Park
- Stonehurst Place named South's Number One Inn by Southern Living in magazine's 2019 South's Best Awards
- Headway Acquires New York Hospitality and National Event Staffing Business
- Performance Architects' Kirby Lunger and Astha Patni Win Top OATUG Awards at COLLABORATE 19 for Oracle Users Community Contributions
- Martha Reeves to Receive Governor's Fitness Award
- Louisiana Firm Bullock Campbell Bullock & Harris P.C. Specializes in Obtaining Financial Relief for Mesothelioma Sufferers
- DemandBlue launches DemandBlue Labs, a Salesforce Innovation Org for its customers
- Michael Woolery Joins Plibrico as its New Purchasing Manager
- IAOP Announces Strategic Alliance with Business Process Enabling South Africa (BPESA)
- Chicago Salon Owner to Host Hair-Or-Win Mother's Day Panel and Brunch
- Prime Telecommunications Offers SD-WAN-as-a-Service to SMBs
- Chicago: Mayor Emanuel Joins CDOT and Alderman Tabares for Kickoff of 2019 Paving Season on the Southwest Side
- Chicago's Renaissance Man, Roe Melloe, Redefines Chicago Culture Through Art Curation and Events
- Eric Breen Joins PINC as Vice President of Business Development
- Forbes Magazine Names The Cambridge Group to America's Best Management Consulting Firms List