"Jackie has played a key role in our IT department since 2017, when she first joined the City as our Public Safety IT Manager," City Manager Doug Krieger said. "Her 30 years in leadership roles at AT&T/Lucent/Nokia, which included project management and leadership on a global scale, coupled with her experience of ongoing initiatives at the City, position her well to support our organization's technology transformation. I welcome Jackie to her new role and look forward to her leadership in IT."
Nguyen has served as the City's interim IT Director since April 2019. During that time, she has focused on assessing Naperville's short- and long-term business needs and analyzing processes related to deployment of ongoing initiatives, such as the City's Enterprise Resource Planning system. As Public Safety IT Manager, Nguyen was instrumental in delivering key technology initiatives to improve business operations and reduce response time, including modernizing reporting platforms, deploying a new fire station alerting system and obtaining grant funding for upcoming large-scale initiatives, including Next Generation 9-1-1.
More on illi News
- 2019 Grand Master Marketer Recipient Wins Big With Excellent Digital and Marketing Solutions Partner
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries!
- Hurricane releases cover of Queen / David Bowie classic "Under Pressure"
- Darin Buford Named Director for Northwestern Mutual – Chicago
- Amazing 81 Year Old Woman saves 800 dogs in 7 years!
Prior to her time serving the City of Naperville, Nguyen held the role of R&D Senior Director at Nokia, where she led a global team of 300 people and oversaw numerous strategic projects and product deployments, all of which were delivered on time and meeting key performance indicators. She has also held positions with Alcatel-Lucent and AT&T.
"To be named to a position that so closely aligns with my personal values and professional passions is truly an honor," Nguyen said. "Over the past two years, I have had the privilege of working with many talented and dedicated professionals in Naperville. To serve this organization and community by overseeing the technology that helps drive our city is fulfilling yet humbling. I look forward to using my experience, work ethic, teaming skills and passion to serve others and help transform Naperville's technology roadmap."
Nguyen's position is effective immediately.
Latest on illi News
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- The Woodstock Festival Finally Came to—Wait for It—Woodstock
- Gary St. Fleur, Who Took Down Previous Mayor, Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Scranton, PA
- Phinge Introduces Phriendle and Piccial, the first Rewards-Based, Interchangeable Social Media Platforms to Compete with Facebook and Instagram
- LeFrois Expands Rochester with Two New Business Parks
- Can car rental services in Malta help improve the island's problems?
- Harshness Environment Anti- Corrosion - Sunkye Glass-Sintered Sealing Application & Solutions
- Reborn at 50! Chicago's original school of improvisation, Players Workshop, reopens with a new mission
- Mondo providing track for Footspeed competition at Aug. 23 Saint Sabina Block Party
- Goldblum, Levi, Guttenberg Q&A's, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Chicago
- Land of Hope: Silk Painting by Oleh Chuyko
- Director and Producer Alon Juwal joins the Israeli Academy of Film and Television
- Thiel College accepting applications for new Speech-Language Pathology graduate program
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Nearly $6 Million In Departmental Savings And Efficiencies Stemming From Operational And Process Improvements
- United® Real Estate Group Ranks as One of the Fastest-Growing Companies for the Fourth Time
- Ken Hawkins Joins Pinnacle Actuarial Resources as Consulting Actuary
- Mayor Lightfoot Launches Chicago Energy Rating System
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- JMN Logistics and Transportation Announces Largest One-Time Asset Investment in Company History Adding 16 New Trucks