"We're urging you to plan ahead for St. Patrick's Day festivities," said Naperville Police Sgt. Derek Zook. "Don't ever drive under the influence of alcohol or any drug. It's not just about you. There are other people on the roads who are impacted by your decisions."
If you're hosting a St. Patrick's Day party:
- Remember, you can be held liable if someone you serve is involved in an impaired driving crash. Make sure your guests designate a sober driver in advance or help arrange ride-sharing with sober drivers. Serve plenty of food and non-alcoholic beverages. Download a ride-sharing app on your phone to help partygoers and keep phone numbers for local cab companies handy. Take keys away from anyone who is planning to drive impaired.
More on illi News
- Kenmei Technologies names Ali Wansa as Executive Vice President of Sales
- HDScores Launches New Feature Using Emoticons
- Experience Japan's Historic Edo Period (1603-1868) Today in Tokyo and Tochigi Prefectures
- Mhde Askar Gives Chicago Visitors 6 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- The Capitol Hotel Tokyu Offers Authentic Japanese Cultural Experiences
If you're going out for St. Patrick's Day:
- Designate a sober driver ahead of time and give that person your keys. If you don't have a designated driver, call a cab, use ride-sharing, have a sober friend or family member pick you up or stay where you are and sleep it off. Never let a friend leave your sight if you think they're about to drive impaired. Buckle up – it's your best defense in a crash.
Pedestrians are at risk, too. If you are walking, keep an eye out for cars. If you are a designated driver, remain alert for impaired walkers who may not obey street signs and pedestrian signals.
The St. Patrick's Day enforcement campaign is part of the Illinois "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" and "Click It or Ticket" programs supported through federal funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Latest on illi News
- Beverly Hills Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes More Effectively To More Buyers
- East Tennessee Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- SiliconExpert and EMA Design Automation Join Forces to Help Engineers Avoid Costly Redesigns
- Pinnacle Welcomes Greg Frankowiak As Senior Consulting Actuary
- sPACYcLOUd Lounge Kicks Off 10th Annual Hemp History Week® To D.C
- Ironside Human Resources - Continues to Grow
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates its Client, Kevin Duffy, on Newest Acquisition
- Toronto Digital Marketing Agency Receives 2019 City Excellence Award
- Is Your Workplace Toxic? Discover What You Can Do About It
- Indeck Group of Companies to Attend 2019 IDEA Conference
- PINC selected 2019 Top 100 Logistics IT Provider
- Afero Introduces ABLE™ Technology, Low-Cost Secure BLE-to-Internet Connectivity for Point-of-Sale Devices
- Poplar Grove, Illinois Publisher Releases Two New Books
- Kenya's First Lady to Keynote 2nd Annual Nursing and Midwifery Leadership Conf June 13-14 sponsored by the Medical Benevolence Foundation
- Advanced ENT Launches New Patient Experience to Improve Access
- CORE® Foods To Showcase New CORE® Bars At Sweets And Snacks Expo
- Gardener's Art Fest at The Growing Place Garden Center
- Open Heaven Conference at Joy Faith Ministries International!
- UrbanBound launches Freeway, a breakthrough relocation product that merges cost control with freedom
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Signs First Executive Order to Limit Aldermanic Prerogative