As Chair, Eden will lead the board in executing the organization's mission to promote the City of Chicago and its diverse communities as a premier leisure travel, convention and meetings destination. Working in partnership with the association's more than 1,500 partner members and in collaboration with the visitor and hospitality industry, Choose Chicago will aim to attract business as well as leisure travelers to continue driving economic growth throughout Chicago.
"Chicago's tourism, hospitality, and meetings industry is a driving economic force that brings millions of people each year to the city to experience firsthand our culture, history and rich sense of community that make this city one of the most magnificent cities in the world," said Mayor Lightfoot. "I can think of no one more qualified than Glenn to boost Chicago's brand and image as a global destination to visit, meet and do business."
As a 20-year seasoned veteran at Weber Shandwick, one of the world's largest and leading public relations firms, Eden is responsible for the creation and implementation of strategic PR, corporate reputation and executive visibility plans for technology, financial services, manufacturing and government clients. He also has a proven track record of advising and counseling companies and government entities on media relations strategies to ensure media coverage that successfully raises awareness, visibility and understanding of their products and services, and supports their overall business objectives.
More on illi News
- New Agent Opens Up National Van Lines Northern California Market
- Jeron's Clinical Education Specialist and Enterprise Solutions at HIMSS20
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
"I'm honored to have the opportunity to join Mayor Lightfoot and Choose Chicago to elevate the city's unique value proposition to the tourism, hospitality and meetings industry and drive inclusive economic growth throughout Chicago," said Eden. "I look forward to working closely with the Choose Chicago board, David Whitaker and our dynamic partners to introduce millions of business and leisure travelers to the city I love, with its dazzling lakefront, thriving downtown and most importantly, dozens of vibrant and diverse neighborhoods."
"On behalf of our full team of professional staff and industry partners, we are delighted to welcome Glenn as Chair of our Board of Directors," said David Whitaker, President and CEO of Choose Chicago. "Glenn's impressive track record and subject matter expertise will serve us well as we continue to target and shape our message and tell the full Chicago story."
Eden has played an integral role in the creation and implementation of Weber Shandwick's Diversity and Inclusion program, branded "Common Threads," landing him awards and acknowledgment for leadership and program success. He is an advisory board member of the Illinois Technology Association's (ITA) Midwest Internet of Things Council. Glenn is also an executive oversight committee member of The Array of Things Project, the world's first urban sensing initiative based in Chicago. He also serves on the Illinois Institute of Technology's Computer Science Department Advisory Board. In 2016, he was named to Chicago Inno's '50 on Fire' honor roll for outstanding contributions to Chicago's tech and innovation ecosystem. Glenn is a member of Chicago United's Leaders Council and a member of Chicago International Film Festival's Black Perspectives Committee. Glenn received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan.
More on illi News
- Significant farmland auction: 874 acres, with wind turbines, offered at auction in time for 2020 planting
- ELEKS Featured in IAOP's 2020 Global Outsourcing 100' List
- ThreeMain Goes Carbon Neutral, Sells Out Of Inventory
- Jordan Belfort, Wolf of Wall Street, to Speak at 7th Annual CEO Summit
- The Global Premedia Network (GPN) announced today further expansion of its strategic partnership with premedia providers from Europe and Oceania
"Chicago has made significant strides in recent years building on past success as well as increasing ways that the city can distinguish itself as a unique and vibrant tourism and meetings destination," added Whitaker. "Chicago is a great place to visit, and a great place to live, work and play. I look forward to collaborating with our new Chair to make sure our resources and tactics are aligned with our partners to result in a thriving visitor industry that celebrates the entirety of this amazing city and the men and women working to welcome the world here."
Choose Chicago's Board of Directors consists of 35 visitor industry and civic leaders. Desiree Rogers has served as Chair since first being appointed in 2013.
"It has been an honor to serve as Chair of Choose Chicago for the past six years and help to amplify the unique qualities that make this city one worth visiting and doing business in," said outgoing Chair, Desiree Rogers. "Glenn Eden will serve as a great partner for the city and for Choose Chicago in furthering growth in these all-important industries that are vital to the fabric of Chicago and which identify this great city as much as its sports, lakefront, and pizza."
Latest on illi News
- Naperville: Structure Fire in the 800 Block of Proud Clarion Court
- Symplast Welcomes Former AtlasKPI Executive Randy Torban as Head of New Practice Analysis Department
- Keno Kozie Experts to Speak at ILTA's O365 Symposium
- Global Sales Expert and Former Xerox Executive Joins CEO Coaching International
- First Connecticut Office Building Tokenized
- Fire Protection Materials Market Worth $4.0 Billion by 2024 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- AAAEA-IL Announces New Executive Board Members For 2020 Term
- Telliant Systems Expands Digital Software Technology Outreach with Sponsorship at The TAG Summit in Atlanta
- Datavalet And Alpine Growth Partners Launch Growth And Acquisition Strategy With New Ceo
- Customer Scout Automotive SEO Receives "Highest Rated" DrivingSales Award
- Rock Guitarist Shares 3 Secrets To Playing Great Guitar Solos
- Insurance Labor Study Uncovers Difficult yet Optimistic Recruitment Environment
- Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee Surgery Center Performs First Cases
- Naperville Police Investigate Weekend Car Burglaries
- IAOP Releases the 2020 Global Outsourcing 100
- Zezgo Rent A Car today announce the imminent opening of two branches in Jordan as the rollout of the new premium brand
- Cyient Inaugurates Wire Harness Lab for Production and Prototyping in its Peoria Office
- Amigo Events Announce Traditional Goan Carnival Event in London
- Aaron Gordon Officially Signs Deal with 361º
- Bystronic Introduces ByStar Fiber XL Laser Cutting Machine