As Chair, Eden will lead the board in executing the organization's mission to promote the City of Chicago and its diverse communities as a premier leisure travel, convention and meetings destination. Working in partnership with the association's more than 1,500 partner members and in collaboration with the visitor and hospitality industry, Choose Chicago will aim to attract business as well as leisure travelers to continue driving economic growth throughout Chicago.
"Chicago's tourism, hospitality, and meetings industry is a driving economic force that brings millions of people each year to the city to experience firsthand our culture, history and rich sense of community that make this city one of the most magnificent cities in the world," said Mayor Lightfoot. "I can think of no one more qualified than Glenn to boost Chicago's brand and image as a global destination to visit, meet and do business."
As a 20-year seasoned veteran at Weber Shandwick, one of the world's largest and leading public relations firms, Eden is responsible for the creation and implementation of strategic PR, corporate reputation and executive visibility plans for technology, financial services, manufacturing and government clients. He also has a proven track record of advising and counseling companies and government entities on media relations strategies to ensure media coverage that successfully raises awareness, visibility and understanding of their products and services, and supports their overall business objectives.
More on illi News
- Mayor Lightfoot, Chicago Public Schools, and The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) Celebrate Arts and Culture at Solorio Academy High School
- BOMANI Cold Buzz™ Announces Partnership with Integrity Wellness Brands
- Attorney Chase Howard Joins Florida Healthcare Law Firm
- National Event for Singles Launches
- CivicScience Names Jack Randall as Chief Commercial Officer
"I'm honored to have the opportunity to join Mayor Lightfoot and Choose Chicago to elevate the city's unique value proposition to the tourism, hospitality and meetings industry and drive inclusive economic growth throughout Chicago," said Eden. "I look forward to working closely with the Choose Chicago board, David Whitaker and our dynamic partners to introduce millions of business and leisure travelers to the city I love, with its dazzling lakefront, thriving downtown and most importantly, dozens of vibrant and diverse neighborhoods."
"On behalf of our full team of professional staff and industry partners, we are delighted to welcome Glenn as Chair of our Board of Directors," said David Whitaker, President and CEO of Choose Chicago. "Glenn's impressive track record and subject matter expertise will serve us well as we continue to target and shape our message and tell the full Chicago story."
Eden has played an integral role in the creation and implementation of Weber Shandwick's Diversity and Inclusion program, branded "Common Threads," landing him awards and acknowledgment for leadership and program success. He is an advisory board member of the Illinois Technology Association's (ITA) Midwest Internet of Things Council. Glenn is also an executive oversight committee member of The Array of Things Project, the world's first urban sensing initiative based in Chicago. He also serves on the Illinois Institute of Technology's Computer Science Department Advisory Board. In 2016, he was named to Chicago Inno's '50 on Fire' honor roll for outstanding contributions to Chicago's tech and innovation ecosystem. Glenn is a member of Chicago United's Leaders Council and a member of Chicago International Film Festival's Black Perspectives Committee. Glenn received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan.
More on illi News
- VLC solutions launches new content engagement platform
- PREMIERE: Modern Vices "All You Got" By: Rachel Zyzda
- Night of Champions 2019 to Showcase Illinois Standardbred Racing
- Nightstick Launches IS-Certified Dual-Light Rechargeable LED Lanterns
- Autumn in Japan's Ashikaga & Tatebayashi Areas
"Chicago has made significant strides in recent years building on past success as well as increasing ways that the city can distinguish itself as a unique and vibrant tourism and meetings destination," added Whitaker. "Chicago is a great place to visit, and a great place to live, work and play. I look forward to collaborating with our new Chair to make sure our resources and tactics are aligned with our partners to result in a thriving visitor industry that celebrates the entirety of this amazing city and the men and women working to welcome the world here."
Choose Chicago's Board of Directors consists of 35 visitor industry and civic leaders. Desiree Rogers has served as Chair since first being appointed in 2013.
"It has been an honor to serve as Chair of Choose Chicago for the past six years and help to amplify the unique qualities that make this city one worth visiting and doing business in," said outgoing Chair, Desiree Rogers. "Glenn Eden will serve as a great partner for the city and for Choose Chicago in furthering growth in these all-important industries that are vital to the fabric of Chicago and which identify this great city as much as its sports, lakefront, and pizza."
Latest on illi News
- Peerless-AV® Partners With BIMsmith® to Provide Digital Models for Building Professionals
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Introduces Ordinance to Establish Cannabis Requirements and Promote Equity in Expanding Industry
- Mayor Lightfoot's Statement on the Passing of Chicago Police Officer Paul Escamilla
- Spreading Free Smiles: Dental Clinic. Costa Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- ZENB Expands Its Veggie Stick Line With New Pumpkin And Carrot Flavors
- The Relevancy Group releases The Relevancy Ring 2019 Customer Data Platform (CDP) Buyer's Guide
- PiCAN3 CAN Bus HAT for Raspberry Pi 4 with 3A Power Supply And Real-Time Clock
- Custom Pak Solutions doubles down as your All-in-One System Integrator of Packaging Solutions
- Mayor Lightfoot Joins the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events to Preview the 2019 Chicago Architecture Biennial
- The Patient Activation Measure® (PAM®) Assessment to be Incorporated into Select CMS Alternative Payment Models
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Financial Officer
- Work 365 Offers New, Simplified Provisioning for Microsoft Indirect Partners
- A Crisis of Faith in America Has Led to Bold & Crazy Faith
- Innovative Tube Laser Processing From Bystronic
- Naperville: Firefighters Battle Kitchen Fire in the 100 Block of Tupelo Ave.
- M Accelerator and Black Dog Venture Partners form Strategic Partnership to Accelerate Foreign Startups entering the US Market
- Mancuso Auto Art Certified by Tesla