- Ladybug Watercolor Painting in Chicago Gallery Holiday Art Show
- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
- Diane Gray-Smith Joins STS Capital Partners
"This is an exciting moment for healthcare, as advanced capabilities can help health care organizations address some of their most pressing challenges, create needed efficiency and transform care," said Peter Lee, corporate vice president of research and incubations at Microsoft. "Mercy has been a leader in the industry in creating an intelligent data platform on which to launch this kind of transformation."
Mercy plans to use Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service to improve care in several ways. Patients will be able to better understand their lab results and engage in more informed discussions with their provider through the help of generative AI-assisted communication. Additionally, Mercy will apply generative AI when taking patient calls for actions like scheduling appointments, providing recommendations for additional follow-up actions during a single interaction. A chatbot for Mercy co-workers will also help quickly find important information about Mercy policies and procedures, freeing up nurses and co-workers to spend more time on patient care.
More on illi News
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2023 book releases
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
"We are better positioned to perform real-time clinical decision-making that ultimately improves patient care," said Joe Kelly, Mercy's executive vice president of transformation and business development officer. "With Microsoft, we are exploring more than four dozen uses of AI and will launch multiple new AI use cases by the middle of next year."
The Microsoft Cloud provides Mercy with a comprehensive platform to improve efficiency, connect and govern data, impact patient and co-worker experience, reach new communities, and build a foundation for ongoing innovation. By securely centralizing data in an AI-powered intelligent data platform built on Azure, Mercy is uniquely positioned to deliver on evolving clinician and patient expectations more quickly. For example, Mercy can tap into secure data insights to reduce many unnecessary patient days in the hospital by giving care teams smart dashboards and better visibility into the factors that impact how soon patients can return home.
More on illi News
- One Million Pages Read in the First Year !!
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- Successful Data Recovery: WeRecoverData Rescues Small Business in Chicago
- Best Freelance Copywriting Services
Microsoft's modern work solutions will also help Mercy co-workers improve productivity and communication so they can spend more time improving patient care and experience. To showcase these solutions, Microsoft and Mercy are working together to showcase Mercy's solutions in the Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) in Chicago in 2024.
Steve Mackin, Mercy's president and CEO commented: "Mercy and Microsoft are creating a new path for health systems where we are working together to combine our 200-year heritage in health care with Microsoft's expertise in cloud computing technology." He added: "By using technology securely we can innovate better health care for all."
The organizations recently held a hackathon where teams from both organizations worked together to co-imagine new uses cases for generative AI technology which they plan on launching by mid next year.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Hyatt Celebrates Groundbreaking of Inaugural Hyatt Studios Property in Mobile, Alabama
- Travis Bagent, Arm Wrestling Champion, Wins Custom Suit in Fun-Filled Match with BALANI CEO Sonny Balani
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Echo Global Logistics Named a 2023 Best and Brightest Company to Work For in the Nation
- Fairway Private Equity & Venture Capital Opportunities Fund Announces Third Quarter Results
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- New Partnership Between Generis And Risetime Provides Easy and Compliant Information Management for Cosmetics Industry
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- Cotinuum LLC Partners with Expedition Money LLC to Elevate Financial Wellness Offerings for Workers
- 8TH ANNUAL ELITE TRADES CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TO AIR ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK IN DECEMBER
- Arcons Technology Announces Longview Asset Management's successful adoption of tradeEdge for Streamlined Trade Allocations
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- The Holiday Season is Going to Get Spooky This Weekend
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- UVCeed Wins Fast Company 2023 Next Big Things in Tech Award