- 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Available Now in Burlington!
- The City Of Las Vegas Recognizes Delirious Comedy Club Day, Dec. 2, At Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino
- EntrePReneurISHing™ Blog is a hot entrepreneur podcast on Spotify this Thanksgiving Day, Listen!
For years, Mujeres has witnessed the high value and excellent skills that Latina counselors, therapists and advocates bring to the work (being bilingual, culturally competent, etc.) and how vital it is to lift Latinas, immigrants, and survivors of violence and their families. Yet, they are not being properly compensated across the sector.
As the longest-standing Latina-led organization in the nation, Mujeres sits at a unique intersection, with staff that is 95% women, 92% of who identify as Latinas. We understand both the financial inequity that Latinas face and some of the institutional barriers they are up against. On average, Latinas nationally earn 57 cents for every dollar earned by white, non-Hispanic men. In Illinois, according to the National Women's Law Center's 2019 data on rankings of states, Latinas only make 49 cents to every dollar a white man makes in the state.
More on illi News
- Balaji Jayaseelan, Vice President of Sustainability at Berlin Packaging, to speak at North America's Largest Cannabis Packaging Conference
- India's FSSAI Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- Grant Thornton enhances benefits to support evolving workforce needs
- Drake Software and National Association of Tax Professionals present second free roundtable discussion in preparation of the 2022 tax season
- Oral Antiseptics Market Size to Reach Revenues of USD 3.06 Billion by 2026 - Arizton
As part of a 3-year plan, Mujeres is committing to looking internally to address some of these inequities, starting with our HR policies, procedures, and pay scales to better align us toward an equitable future for Latinas. Mujeres cannot do this alone. As we grow our investment in our team, we want to ensure that the sector is properly investing in the workforce that is uniquely women, and in our case uniquely Latina. Mujeres will take a leadership role within the gender-based coalitions, taskforces, and various work groups to sustain a workforce that is primarily made up of women and people of color.
"In 2023, we will be reaching our golden anniversary. Mujeres must examine how we can retain talent and build up leaders for the next 50 years," says Linda X. Tortolero, President and CEO of Mujeres Latinas en Acción.
Latina Equal Pay Day on October 21st is the day when Latina pay catches up to that of white, non-Hispanic men from the previous year, which means Latinas must work nearly 23 months to earn what white men earn in 12 months. It is critical that we take up this fight. If we invest in the needs of providers, then ultimately survivors have a stronger chance at healing, thriving, and leading!
More on illi News
- "The Singing Chef" Andy LoRusso Serves Up Good Food & Fun Times Despite Challenges of Little-Known Neurological Disorder
- Groupon Appoints Kedar Deshpande as Chief Executive Officer
- E | N | L is Now Offering Multiple Acrylic Systems!
- Hub International To Provide Tenant Liability Captive To Residential Rental Real Estate Clients To Retain Insurance Premiums And Mitigate Risks
- Nola Blue Records signs The Love Light Orchestra
Today, Mujeres Latinas en Acción (Mujeres) is the longest standing Latina-led organization in the nation. Over the years MLEA has honed its offerings including community services that empower Latinas and their families, and supports them as they heal, thrive, and lead through their programs.
For more information, visit: www.mujereslatinasenaccion.org
SOURCE Mujeres Latinas en Accion
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- NATP recommends taxpayers take certain actions before Dec. 31 to reduce tax liabilities and prepare for 2021 return
- Ignacio Ampuero joins HR tech startup, Pasito, as CTO
- Chicago: Statement from Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and Commissioner of CDPH Dr. Allison Arwady
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, City Officials Outline Comprehensive Plans For Winter Weather Operations
- StartupSystems.Net: How Technology is Helping Ease the Pain of Rising Inflation In the US
- Axiros Solution Enables Ogi to Manage Multiple Clients Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- GE Healthcare Announces Three New Alliances to Improve Cancer Care
- Hightower to Make Strategic Investment in Clear Perspective Advisors
- Holiday Health Discounts Announced by myLAB Box
- Author, Mel Jackson Launches Inspirational Self Care Workbook Just In Time For The Holidays
- RRD Confirms Receipt of Revised Proposal from Chatham Asset Management
- Composites Market worth $126.3 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- CCC Intelligent Solutions Holdings Inc. Announces Redemption of Warrants
- Serena Laurel's 'GOLD' Director Allisyn Snyder Glitters Garnering Best Fashion Film at Premiere Ahead of Release
- Quicklly Introduces Laumière Gourmet's Premium Gifts Boxes for Holiday Gifting
- Lactalis Closes Acquisition of Kraft Heinz Natural Cheese Business in United States
- Julie Selof Joins Clearwater Capital Partners
- Sharing the Goodlife Foundation gives to YES DAY
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Its Dubai Schedule
- A Young Entrepreneur Gifts NYC Real Estate with a Tech-driven Real-estate Company