- Ladybug Watercolor Painting in Chicago Gallery Holiday Art Show
- Give the Gift of Radiant Skin with ZAQ Zayn: The Revolutionary 5-in-1 Skincare Device
- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
"Today's passage of the Gender Identity Option ordinance demonstrates our ongoing commitment to creating a more equitable and affirming City government for the people of Chicago," said Mayor Lightfoot. "This ordinance ensures that we can effectively protect our residents' privacy rights while also reinforcing the City's commitment to prohibit discrimination based on gender identity. I applaud City Council and Commissioner Andrade's efforts to ensure Chicago remains a place where all aspects of our residents' identities are respected and acknowledged."
More on illi News
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2023 book releases
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
- One Million Pages Read in the First Year !!
The Gender Identity Option will allow Chicago residents to be more fully represented when receiving essential services and assistance. The ordinance also ensures the city can collect important information to make sure those services are provided in a fair and unbiased manner.
"The Passage of the Gender Identity Option is a win for our city by providing important safeguards for our residents and city workers," said Nancy Andrade, Chair and Commissioner of the Chicago Commission on Human Relations. "This amendment is consistent with the City's values of equity and equality in recognizing one's right to self-identify."
Prior to the passage of the Gender Identity Option, the ordinance required the City forms only ask individuals' gender, if necessary, for medical reasons or required by law. However, prior to this amendment, this was preventing the City of Chicago from capturing necessary information that could support our ability to evaluate the needs for equity in our services and programs. This legislation, championed by the Mayor's Office, Alderman Vazquez, and community advocates identifies new language that ensures the rights of residents are protected while also ensuring the City can continue to pursue its equity goals.
More on illi News
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- Successful Data Recovery: WeRecoverData Rescues Small Business in Chicago
- Best Freelance Copywriting Services
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
"I am really proud to work with the Mayor's Office to ensure that all of our residents feel represented and included in city programs and services," said Alderman Andre Vazquez, 40th Ward. "Our shared goal was to advance a workable strategy that makes sure that all our residents, including our gender non-conforming and non-binary community, feel like they can be fully seen in the City and free from discrimination. It is our role as government leaders to advance any opportunity we have to align with our values of equity and inclusion with our core work."
The Chicago Commission on Human Relations is committed to eliminating prejudice, bias, and discrimination across the city by enforcing Chicago's anti-discrimination ordinances, including the Chicago Human Rights Ordinance.
Latest on illi News
- Hyatt Celebrates Groundbreaking of Inaugural Hyatt Studios Property in Mobile, Alabama
- Travis Bagent, Arm Wrestling Champion, Wins Custom Suit in Fun-Filled Match with BALANI CEO Sonny Balani
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Echo Global Logistics Named a 2023 Best and Brightest Company to Work For in the Nation
- Fairway Private Equity & Venture Capital Opportunities Fund Announces Third Quarter Results
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- New Partnership Between Generis And Risetime Provides Easy and Compliant Information Management for Cosmetics Industry
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- Cotinuum LLC Partners with Expedition Money LLC to Elevate Financial Wellness Offerings for Workers
- 8TH ANNUAL ELITE TRADES CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TO AIR ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK IN DECEMBER
- Arcons Technology Announces Longview Asset Management's successful adoption of tradeEdge for Streamlined Trade Allocations
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- The Holiday Season is Going to Get Spooky This Weekend
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- UVCeed Wins Fast Company 2023 Next Big Things in Tech Award
- Naperville: Judge Grants State's Motion to Detain Pre-Trial an Aurora Woman Charged with Leading Police on 122 MPH High-Speed Pursuit