- Ladybug Watercolor Painting in Chicago Gallery Holiday Art Show
- Give the Gift of Radiant Skin with ZAQ Zayn: The Revolutionary 5-in-1 Skincare Device
- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
"I am focused on helping our business community thrive with new and creative ways to support both businesses and their patrons," said Mayor Lightfoot. "The Personal Delivery Device Pilot Program not only gives businesses the opportunity to test new delivery options safely but also helps the City determine how these devices can integrate into our existing sidewalk traffic and improve services for residents."
More on illi News
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2023 book releases
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
The Emerging Business Permit is intended to support new business ideas that don't fall under existing business license categories. Such permits have a non-renewable duration of two years and are subject to operating conditions and terms tailored to particular business activities.
"The ability to safely regulate the Personal Delivery Device pilot program is what the Emerging Business Permit was created for," said BACP Commissioner Kenneth J. Meyer. "The permit framework provides an opportunity for businesses to safely test emerging ideas in the context of a temporary pilot program. This pilot program allows us to ensure accountability and transparency to effectively evaluate this new industry."
The passage of the Code amendment defines PDDs and allows their operation on sidewalks and in crosswalks under a two-year Emerging Business Permit. PDD programs have rolled out successfully in a number of cities in recent years, including Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and Pittsburgh, along with multiple college campuses across the U.S.
"During the pilot program, CDOT will assess whether these Personal Delivery Devices can be used safely and effectively without inconveniencing other sidewalk users," said CDOT Commissioner Gia Biagi. "These devices have the potential to replace vehicle delivery trips while supporting local businesses. Allowing PDDs to operate on select sidewalks and crosswalks through this small-scale pilot program will allow Chicago to regulate and better understand this growing industry for the benefit of all residents."
More on illi News
- One Million Pages Read in the First Year !!
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- Successful Data Recovery: WeRecoverData Rescues Small Business in Chicago
- Best Freelance Copywriting Services
A working group with City agencies and community partners has evaluated this industry and concluded that, within the scope of a small-scale two-year pilot program, such devices would keep Chicago competitive in this emerging market alongside other large cities. The pilot period of the program will assess PDDs in Chicago, such as their use of sidewalks and crosswalks alongside pedestrians, as well as their facilitation of neighborhood-based commerce.
The City will administratively issue Emerging Business Permit terms governing the permit application process and operation of PDDs during the two-year pilot. The code amendment includes defining PDDs, allowing the operation of PDDs on sidewalks and crosswalks, and forbidding the operation of PDDs unless the operator has received a permit allowing PDDs to be operated on the public way and within geographic zones as specified in the permit rules. The PDD pilot program will bring a new and modern delivery system to Chicago for quick and accessible food delivery.
Latest on illi News
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Hyatt Celebrates Groundbreaking of Inaugural Hyatt Studios Property in Mobile, Alabama
- Travis Bagent, Arm Wrestling Champion, Wins Custom Suit in Fun-Filled Match with BALANI CEO Sonny Balani
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Echo Global Logistics Named a 2023 Best and Brightest Company to Work For in the Nation
- Fairway Private Equity & Venture Capital Opportunities Fund Announces Third Quarter Results
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- New Partnership Between Generis And Risetime Provides Easy and Compliant Information Management for Cosmetics Industry
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- Cotinuum LLC Partners with Expedition Money LLC to Elevate Financial Wellness Offerings for Workers
- 8TH ANNUAL ELITE TRADES CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TO AIR ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK IN DECEMBER
- Arcons Technology Announces Longview Asset Management's successful adoption of tradeEdge for Streamlined Trade Allocations
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- The Holiday Season is Going to Get Spooky This Weekend
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- UVCeed Wins Fast Company 2023 Next Big Things in Tech Award