"As we navigate these unprecedented times we have to reimagine how we can safely celebrate important moments in our lives and memorialize our history and loved ones," said Candace Moore, Chicago's Chief Equity Officer. "I am excited for this creative partnership with iHeartMedia Chicago and 107.5 WGCI that will provide a platform for Chicagoans to celebrate the holiday through a medium that is accessible and trusted. This will provide great entertainment over the weekend and continue to drive home the message about the importance of social distancing in controlling the spread COVID-19 and ultimately preparing us for recovery."
The 107.5 WGCI Stay at Home Weekend starts Saturday with an Instagram Battle between two of Chicago's own hip hop artists, GHerbo (@nolimiteherbo) and Lil Durk (@durkioworld). Starting at 8 pm these two critically acclaimed and wildly popular rappers will go song-for-song for the title of Stay at Home Weekend Rap King.
More on illi News
- Naperville Police Arrest Subject for Possession of Child Pornography
- Mayor Lori Lightfoot Announces Plan to Open Chicago's Streets to Support Businesses and Help Residents in Response to Covid-19
- Evolve IP Offers Rapid Deployment of Desktop as a Service to Ingram Micro Partners
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces New Initiatives to Encourage Citywide Participation in the 2020 Census
- 626 acquires the assets of Innovatus CR and DR Business. The World Slows Down. We Move Faster
"I am honored to have the privilege of partnering with the City of Chicago in its mission of promoting the health and safety of our community during this critical time," said Matt Scarano, President of iHeartMedia's Chicago Region. "As a broadcaster it is our responsibility to engage in continuous collaboration with Mayor Lori Lightfoot and the Chicagoland community."
On Sunday the Stay at Home Weekend continues with a virtual comedy tour hosted by 107.5 WGCI's Leon Rogers. This virtual show will feature comedians, Just Nesh, Dawn B, Lavar Walker, Correy B, and Damon Williams.
Damon Williams, Correy B, and Dawn B, along with Sherri Shepard were also part of the #butSeriously campaign using humor to reach diverse audiences about the seriousness of the novel coronavirus especially in African American communities. The campaign, conceived by Contender Labs and created in partnership with Spin Artist and Content Farm, leverages the hashtag #butSeriously to highlight how key lifesaving information is often not reaching those who need to hear it most, reminds us of the role each of us plays in stopping the spread of the virus, and emphasizes the devastating effects of COVID-19 especially has in Black and Brown communities. This insightful and creative campaign is anchored by a series of social media videos that feature some of Chicago's funniest comedians giving their insightful and more lighthearted point of view on the crisis now facing us, followed by a flip to #butSeriously, and a conversational plea for everybody to #stayhomesavelives.
More on illi News
- Immunotherapy Drugs Market Worth $274.6 Billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- R+M Development Closes on Refinance of Student Housing Project Amidst Pandemic
- Teenage mariachi ensemble records album during pandemic, keeping social distancing guidelines
- Getman Takes his Popular Book Fairs into the Virtual World Transforming the Way Buyers Meet Sellers of Rare Books, Maps, Prints and Ephemera
- Teleroute, Part of Alpega Group, launches an API Interface and a new Mobile App to help their growing number of customers work even more efficiently
107.5 WGCI Stay at Home Weekend Lineup:
Saturday, May 23, 8 pm
- 107.5 WGCI IG Battle
- GHerbo v. Lil Durk IG Live @nolimiteherbo, @durkioworld
Sunday, May 24, 7-8 pm
- 107.5 WGCI Comedy Hour Tour
- Featuring Just Nesh (@justnesh), Dawn B (@dawnbfunny), Lavar Walker (@lavarwalker), Correy B (@correyb), and Damon Williams (@damonwilliamscomedy) Hosted by 107.5 WGCI's Leon Rogers Zoom Live Stream: Webinar ID: 933 5922 0097, Password: 836344
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the City launched the Stay Home, Save Lives campaign to inform residents about how they can stay healthy and do their part to bend the curve of the virus. For more information and updates on COVID-19, text COVID19 to 78015, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Chicago.gov/coronavirus.
About iHeartMedia Chicago
iHeartMedia Chicago owns and operates WGCI-FM, WLIT-FM, WEBG-FM, WVAZ-FM, WKSC-FM and WGRB-AM, and is part of iHeartMedia. iHeartMedia (NASDAQ: IHRT) is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company's leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms, including more than 850 live broadcast stations in over 160 markets nationwide; through its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; other digital products and newsletters; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics, targeting and attribution for its marketing partners with its SmartAudio product, using data from its massive consumer base. Visit iHeartMedia.com for more company information.
Latest on illi News
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- Stern Pinball Announces New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pinball Machines
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- Naperville: Crime Stoppers Reward Offered in Park Graffiti Incident
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- Naperville: Municipal Center to Re-Open to Community on June 1
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- Mayor Lightfoot and CDPH Announce $56m RFP To Bolster Contact Tracing Efforts for Covid-19 Cases in Chicago
- City of Chicago Announces Grant Funding to Support Additional Efforts to Address City's Historically Regressive Fines and Fees System
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $3.5M order for gunner displays
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- Feeding America® and Team Rubicon Partner to Provide Food to Communities Facing Hunger During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Over 400 CEOs Have Benefited from CEO Coaching International's Free Coaching Call Offer