- Illinois Man spends over a million dollars creating a prank phone call website and app
- New blog shares helpful information and inspiration about Charcuterie Boards
- Former BIS Special Agent Donald Pearce Joins Torres Trade Advisory
METRA is the Chicago area transit system and its workers have been deemed essential and required to risk their life to ensure that the transit system functions during the pandemic. However, despite being essential workers, they have not had a raise since 2018 due to CEO Jim Derwinski's reckless behavior in union contract negotiations. Rail Labor calls on CEO Derwinski and the METRA Board of Directors to bargain in good faith with union workers and reach a fair settlement in contract negotiations.
METRA workers and their union representatives will demonstrate in front of the METRA Board of Directors meeting on November 12 at 547 W. Jackson Blvd., Suite 1400, Chicago, Illinois 60661. Nine Unions representing 2500 Metra workers have joined together in a bargaining coalition to demand a fair contract from METRA management.
More on illi News
- SafuCoin (SAFUCOIN) announces it will provide a critical missing part of the infrastructure for the crypto economy – a 'trust layer'
- New hire power hitters bring additional strategic depth to help USAM's clients
- Vaccines Market worth $149.2 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- IAA Secures Ground for New UK Branch in Bristol
- FTX US Closes $400M Series A Round
"Frontline railroad workers at METRA have not had a raise in 3 years," said METRA Conductors leader Chip Waugh. "With the cost of living skyrocketing in recent months, METRA management needs to come to the table and provide relief for struggling families."
The nine railroad unions representing at METRA have been negotiating with management since January 2019. During this time, METRA has received massive financial support from the Federal Government which the METRA Board of Directors has spent on 4% and 17% increases in executive compensation while frontline workers have received nothing. CEO Derwinski's pay recently went from $285,000 to $305,000 effective January 1, 2021 and another bump to 340,000 effective January 1, 2022.
"While we would prefer that METRA management bargained in good faith, we can't go on like this forever," said Matthew Hollis, Vice President for the Rail Clerks (TCU). "The riding public should know that if management does not reach a settlement with us soon, we will strike at our earliest opportunity."
SOURCE Brotherhood of Maintenance of Way Employes Division of the Teamsters
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, Cook County Board President Preckwinkle and Governor Pritzker Partner to Host 'Readiness Summit' For Cook County Nonprofits, Community Organizations, and Small Businesses
- 11Sight Welcomes Jason Carver as Vice President of Product Management
- From the Midwest to the Southeast: Europe's #1 Coffeehouse Tchibo Announces Expansion Across America
- BigTime Software Named One of the Top 100 Small Businesses in 2020/2021 by Best of Small Business Awards
- Author, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, And Public Speaker, Mel Jackson To Appear As Keynote Speaker
- TRU Staffing Partners Privacy Expert Earns IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager Credential
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- Beacon Healthcare Systems Improves Medicare Application Processing Time by 92%
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Opportunities Worth ~USD 26 Bn Opening Up in E-Mobility Industry - Exclusive Research Study Published by MarketsandMarkets™
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- American employees seek the flexibility to deal with personal issues when needed
- Composite Resin Market worth $27.4 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- The BGL Healthcare & Life Sciences Insider -- Cardiology Investment Poised to Accelerate
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
- First Trust Announces Adjournment of Special Shareholder Meeting for First Trust Horizon Managed Volatility Domestic ETF and First Trust Horizon Managed Volatility Developed International ETF
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- ROTI PAYS PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD THEIR NEW APP…SERIOUSLY!
- Consolidated Communications Helps Parents Keep Kids Safe During Data Privacy Week