On October 1, 2019, at approximately 8:45 p.m., Naperville Police officers responded to a call on Inland Circle. Upon their arrival, officers found Hardy, alone and unresponsive in a chair in the living room with blood on his clothing. Hardy was suffering from a significant wound on the left side of his neck under his jawbone. He was subsequently transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced deceased. It is alleged that Hoskin was watching television with Hardy at his apartment when the two began to argue. It is alleged that at some point in time, the argument turned violent and that Hoskin stabbed Hardy in the neck severing his carotid artery and jugular vein. It is further alleged that Hoskin then left the apartment and ultimately turned herself in to the Aurora Police Department.
More on illi News
- Naperville Crime Stoppers Offer Reward in Identity Theft Case
- Chicago: Mayor Lori Lightfoot Announces $6 Million Investment Toward Community Health Improvements from West Side United
- Cures Within Reach Announces Three Recipients of its 2020 Patient Impact Awards
- Deere & Company Announces Quarterly Dividend
- Evolve IP Expands Global Leadership in Hospitality Industry
"It is alleged that in the early evening of October 1, a verbal altercation between Jessica Hoskin and Scott Hardy turned physical resulting in the death of Mr. Hardy," Berlin said. "I offer my sincerest condolences to Scott's family and friends as they try to come to terms with this tragic, senseless loss of life. I would like to thank the Naperville Police Department for their work on this very sad case as well as the Aurora Police Department for their assistance. I would also like to thank Assistant State's Attorneys Helen Kapas, Louisa Nuckolls and Alyssa Rabulinski, for their efforts."
"This was an unnecessary loss of life and a terrible crime that required an attentive initial response by our patrol division and a relentless follow-up investigation by our detectives and crime scene unit," said Chief of Police Robert Marshall. "Our investigators worked tirelessly through the night and into the following days to quickly resolve this case and take the offender into custody. I would like to recognize them for their hard work and also thank the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office, specifically Assistant State's Attorneys Helen Kapas, Alyssa Rabulinski and Louisa Nuckolls for their guidance and assistance in this case."
More on illi News
- Peerless-AV® Named 2020 Forbes Travel Guide Brand Official for Second Year in a Row
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Impact Investments Partnerships
- Digital Media Solutions Pledges To Become Carbon Negative In 2020
- Macadamian to host AI in Healthcare webinar with Microsoft Canada's National Chief Data Scientist
- Ecoturf's Wattle Stake creates an aesthetically appealing and safer job site by holding wattles d
Hoskin's next court appearance is scheduled for November 5, 2019, for arraignment in front of Judge Brennan.
Members of the public are reminded that these complaints contain only charges and are not proof of the defendant's guilt. A defendant is presumed innocent and is entitled to a fair trial in which it is the government's burden to prove his or her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Latest on illi News
- Medicom Health Partners with Houston Hospital System to Help Patients Save on Prescription Costs
- Botox Chicago Nu Image Aesthetics & Wellness
- Coolsculpting Chicago Nu Image Aesthetics
- Deborah King Center Publishing Announced Release of Melinda Malone's Personal Memoir: Off My Chest
- If Your Child Has Special Needs, They Need a Special Dentist
- KOLBUS is a new name in corrugated converting machinery
- KYOCERA's New AH100A Alumina Ceramic Offers Breakthrough Benefits for High-Voltage Insulation Applications
- Naperville Fire Department Responds to Olympus Drive Residential Fire; One Civilian Fatality Reported
- City of Chicago Grants $700K to Local Organizations to Boost Participation in the 2020 U.S. Census
- Naperville Police Department Investigating Weekend Armed Robbery of Rideshare Driver
- That's A Wrap: The 14th Annual Beaufort International Film Festival Winners are Announced
- Emerging Technology Innovation Assessment Tool Available from CompTIA
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- LSC Communications Receives Director Nominations from Sententia Group
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- Vivaldi Opportunities Fund (NYSE: VAM) Declares Monthly Distribution of $0.11583 Per Share