On October 1, 2019, at approximately 8:45 p.m., Naperville Police officers responded to a call on Inland Circle. Upon their arrival, officers found Hardy, alone and unresponsive in a chair in the living room with blood on his clothing. Hardy was suffering from a significant wound on the left side of his neck under his jawbone. He was subsequently transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced deceased. It is alleged that Hoskin was watching television with Hardy at his apartment when the two began to argue. It is alleged that at some point in time, the argument turned violent and that Hoskin stabbed Hardy in the neck severing his carotid artery and jugular vein. It is further alleged that Hoskin then left the apartment and ultimately turned herself in to the Aurora Police Department.
More on illi News
- Astor Capital Fund in Talks to Carve Out $22M Tech Partnership Venture with Saudi Investors
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Alternate Energy Division Globally
- Walk Up Coffee Shop necessary & sufficient Opens in Logan Square
- Ponos Industries LLC Extends Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Ardor Learning Launches myEnglish Mobile App
"It is alleged that in the early evening of October 1, a verbal altercation between Jessica Hoskin and Scott Hardy turned physical resulting in the death of Mr. Hardy," Berlin said. "I offer my sincerest condolences to Scott's family and friends as they try to come to terms with this tragic, senseless loss of life. I would like to thank the Naperville Police Department for their work on this very sad case as well as the Aurora Police Department for their assistance. I would also like to thank Assistant State's Attorneys Helen Kapas, Louisa Nuckolls and Alyssa Rabulinski, for their efforts."
"This was an unnecessary loss of life and a terrible crime that required an attentive initial response by our patrol division and a relentless follow-up investigation by our detectives and crime scene unit," said Chief of Police Robert Marshall. "Our investigators worked tirelessly through the night and into the following days to quickly resolve this case and take the offender into custody. I would like to recognize them for their hard work and also thank the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office, specifically Assistant State's Attorneys Helen Kapas, Alyssa Rabulinski and Louisa Nuckolls for their guidance and assistance in this case."
More on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Proposal to Streamline Police, Fire and OEMC Administrative Units Under City's New Office of Public Safety Administration
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens its 30th Center in Griffin, GA
- Shuj Roswell Lands Another Full Length Album, 'Setting Fire To The Stars'
- National Survey Debunks Celebrity Endorsements with Nearly 60% of Adults Claiming Medical Professionals are their Go-To Source for Weight Loss Info
- FantasyEsports.gg and Razer Announce Global Partnership to Deliver Innovative and Rewarding Fantasy Esports Platform
Hoskin's next court appearance is scheduled for November 5, 2019, for arraignment in front of Judge Brennan.
Members of the public are reminded that these complaints contain only charges and are not proof of the defendant's guilt. A defendant is presumed innocent and is entitled to a fair trial in which it is the government's burden to prove his or her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Latest on illi News
- ManageAssist, Inc. Achieves Accreditation to issue the IACET CEU
- Watch Out! Calm Patch Tuesday Includes Sleeper Vulnerability
- The Wagner Agency Disrupts The Advertising Agency Model
- XLSX Support in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware Document Imaging SDK
- PREMIERE:Modern Vices 'Not a Problem' off the upcoming album 'If Only' Video
- New Amazon Best Selling Author Bianca Modo Releases "Unscarred: Prayers For Healing"
- Making Wonders-Wonder Years Develops A Union Of Compassion And Health
- Bangers LP Selects Nightstick's TWM-Series Full Size and TCM-Series Compact Weapon Lights
- Hostfully and Rented.com partnership announcement
- MediTelecare Prepares Skilled Nursing Facilities for Next Phase of The Final Rule
- Mayor Lightfoot, The Chicago Park District and Chicago Fire Soccer Club Announce the Team's Return to Soldier Field
- MyBodyGallery.com Continues to Thrive After 10 Years
- Mayor Lightfoot, Chicago Public Schools, City Colleges of Chicago Announce First Round of Career Launch Chicago Partners
- Chat Sports to Broadcast Red River Celebrity Softball Game For 2nd Straight Year
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Recognition as One of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Family Owned Luxury Leather Manufacturer Launches New Website
- Valogix LLC Exhibiting at Biz.One SAP User Conference
- Mérida, Capital of State of Yucatán Takes Top Spot at Condé Nast Traveler's 2019 Readers' Choice Award
- New Guide To "Making Good Shit Happen"
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Expands Frontline Leadership Team