- Ladybug Watercolor Painting in Chicago Gallery Holiday Art Show
- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
- Diane Gray-Smith Joins STS Capital Partners
Individual businesses such as Back of the Yards Coffeehouse, Mashallah, The Quarry Events Center, Imani Bakery and Windy City Whiskey & Barbecue have also expressed their support for this ordinance. The Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (IHCC) acknowledged the efforts made to provide relief for small businesses with fewer than 50 employees and while they still have some concerns, they support this paid leave ordinance.
More on illi News
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2023 book releases
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
Research has shown that access to paid time off is essential for employee retention as it saves businesses costs related to employee turnover and training. Workers with paid time off can stay in their jobs longer, earning higher wages that they can then spend in their local communities. A lack of paid leave policies increasingly and disproportionately contributes to economic insecurity among lower-paid workers and their families.
The proposal includes changes to the number of days required, an extended ramp up of the private right of action and an exemption for small businesses with less than 50 employees from paying out unused paid time off. Mayor Johnson said "My administration pledged to bring everyone to the table to hear concerns from large employers, small businesses, and workers' rights advocates. We worked collaboratively to find compromises, and we ended up with the most progressive paid time off policy in the country that will help businesses retain workers and help workers live full lives with dignity."
Latest on illi News
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- North America's Agrivoltaics Expo Set to Level Up the Solar Land Use Renaissance Next Summer in Chicago
- Ulta Beauty Announces CFO Succession Plan
- Joint Statement from Johnson Administration, Chicago Parks District and 29th Ward Alderman Chris Taliaferro Regarding Admundsen Park
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- From the heinous to the sublime, Paul Adams & Elizabeth Geyer release new single, "A Journey of Dreams"
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Naperville: Structure Fire in the 1100 Block of Iroquois Avenue
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- Remark Holdings, Inc. Releases Version 1.0 of its AI-powered Video Analytics System for Aircraft Engine Inspections And Safety
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- Walgreens Launches Rx Savings Finder to Help Patients Save on Prescription Medications
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Hyatt Celebrates Groundbreaking of Inaugural Hyatt Studios Property in Mobile, Alabama
- Travis Bagent, Arm Wrestling Champion, Wins Custom Suit in Fun-Filled Match with BALANI CEO Sonny Balani
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Echo Global Logistics Named a 2023 Best and Brightest Company to Work For in the Nation