"Chicago believes in its local businesses and this ground breaking represents our commitment to fostering the success of companies like the Will Group while working to revitalize our neighborhoods," Mayor Emanuel said. "Neighborhood investments don't just create jobs; they create stronger communities, and I look forward to seeing what great things are in store for this company and its surrounding residents."
The Will Group, which manufactures electrical equipment for utility companies, municipalities and private clients, will relocate from two smaller facilities and construct the 60,000 square-foot complex with 32-foot ceilings, six loading docks, office space, parking and landscaping. The Will Group is purchasing vacant City-owned land at 825 S. Kilpatrick Avenue for the development that is expected to be completed within 18 months of the land sale.
More on illi News
- Mayor Lightfoot and CDPH Announce $56m RFP To Bolster Contact Tracing Efforts for Covid-19 Cases in Chicago
- City of Chicago Announces Grant Funding to Support Additional Efforts to Address City's Historically Regressive Fines and Fees System
- MegaFans and Black Dog Gaming Launch Charity eSports Tournament for USO West
- Lantek launches version 2020 with focus on remote working and process efficiency
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded a $3.5M order for gunner displays
"I am incredibly grateful for the support of Alderman Michael Scott, Jr. and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, to transform this community with the acquisition of this property. K-Town Business Centre is not just transactional, but also transformative," The Will Group Chairman, Stephen L. Davis said. We are committed to creating jobs in the communities in which we operate. The Will Group thanks its partners like ComEd, Exelon, Ameresco, the Chicago Infrastructure Trust, the Chicago Department of Planning and Development, Mayor Emanuel, and Alderman Scott. Without your support, the exponential growth and the transformation of this community could not have been possible."
"We are no longer the ward of vacant lots and abandoned buildings," Alderman Scott said. "Working together with the City, our community leaders and strong business partners like The Will Group, we are transforming the west side and bringing more jobs to this community."
More on illi News
- Jet Medical Tourism® Cites Report Saying Bariatric Surgery Works, But Millions of Eligible Patients in The Heaviest American States Cannot Get It
- Walzik Announces Automated Interface Between Dynamics GP and Strategic Movements
- NS4ed Partners with New Mexico to Maximize the Perkins V's Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
- Feeding America® and Team Rubicon Partner to Provide Food to Communities Facing Hunger During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Over 400 CEOs Have Benefited from CEO Coaching International's Free Coaching Call Offer
The Will Group- through its subsidiary Lyons View Manufacturing- has been manufacturing products for the City of Chicago, utility companies and other municipalities throughout the Midwest for over 10 years. Previous and ongoing company projects include the Chicago Smart Lighting Program, which was procured by the Chicago Infrastructure Trust; O'Hare International Airport LED streetlight upgrade; City of Chicago Residential Blocks Program; ComEd's Smart Streetlight Program; and Exelon's Distribution Capacitor Bank Project. The company manufactured over 150,000 light fixtures with the City and contracted with Com Ed for an additional 150,000.
This new facility is part of Mayor Emanuel's efforts to use Chicago's procurement policies to bring thousands of good-paying jobs to Chicago and strengthen Chicago's manufacturing industry. In 2012, the City passed a bid incentive ordinance to give companies that manufacture in Chicago extra points in the procurement process, a policy change that helped create more than 3,000 new manufacturing jobs in Chicago.
Latest on illi News
- Glass Mosaic Artist Allison Eden Studios Pivots Into Fashion With Face Mask Line
- MR.LEATHER64TEN 2020 Contest Winner Announcement
- Learning How to Shift Your Thinking is the Best Way to Protect Your Mental Health During This Pandemic
- Restech is proud to announce the launch of PepsinCheck, a PEPTEST product branded for the U.S. consumer market
- Mark Andeer Joins Rawcubes as Head of Sales and Marketing
- For the first time ever, an endangered leatherback sea turtle is being tracked after nesting on the Gulf Coast of Florida
- Amazing New Kids' Show Born of COVID - Full of Laughter and Surprising Depth
- Stratum Nutrition® Welcomes Kyle Haws as Regional Operations Manager
- Dove Bennett Teams up With Local West Covina Residents to Provide Hot Meals During Quarantine
- CarHop Closing Pennsylvania Locations
- Two New Studies Confirm BLIS M18™ Effective Against Black Teeth Staining
- Metavivor To Host Virtual Dance Party Featuring DJ Misbehaviour
- Colorado Functional Chewing Gum Brands Now Available Touch-Free; The New Normal is Helping to Expand a New Category
- New Book Offers Hands-On Guidance to Female Investors at Early Stage of Investing
- Green Energy Exchange Closes Financing with Shell Energy
- NS4ed Designs a Customized Career Readiness Portal for National Rural Education Association
- Lineus Medical Awarded Key Patent
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Presents Athletic Leadership Award
- Various Measures Introduced to and Approved by the Chicago City Council
- Compassion Launches Global Initiative to Combat the Havoc Wreaked by COVID-19