"Chicago believes in its local businesses and this ground breaking represents our commitment to fostering the success of companies like the Will Group while working to revitalize our neighborhoods," Mayor Emanuel said. "Neighborhood investments don't just create jobs; they create stronger communities, and I look forward to seeing what great things are in store for this company and its surrounding residents."
The Will Group, which manufactures electrical equipment for utility companies, municipalities and private clients, will relocate from two smaller facilities and construct the 60,000 square-foot complex with 32-foot ceilings, six loading docks, office space, parking and landscaping. The Will Group is purchasing vacant City-owned land at 825 S. Kilpatrick Avenue for the development that is expected to be completed within 18 months of the land sale.
More on illi News
- 19" Outdoor Waterproof Sunlight Readable Monitor, Ideal for Any Environment
- 2019 Grand Master Marketer Recipient Wins Big With Excellent Digital and Marketing Solutions Partner
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries!
- Hurricane releases cover of Queen / David Bowie classic "Under Pressure"
- Darin Buford Named Director for Northwestern Mutual – Chicago
"I am incredibly grateful for the support of Alderman Michael Scott, Jr. and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, to transform this community with the acquisition of this property. K-Town Business Centre is not just transactional, but also transformative," The Will Group Chairman, Stephen L. Davis said. We are committed to creating jobs in the communities in which we operate. The Will Group thanks its partners like ComEd, Exelon, Ameresco, the Chicago Infrastructure Trust, the Chicago Department of Planning and Development, Mayor Emanuel, and Alderman Scott. Without your support, the exponential growth and the transformation of this community could not have been possible."
"We are no longer the ward of vacant lots and abandoned buildings," Alderman Scott said. "Working together with the City, our community leaders and strong business partners like The Will Group, we are transforming the west side and bringing more jobs to this community."
More on illi News
- Amazing 81 Year Old Woman saves 800 dogs in 7 years!
- Visionary Author Dives Deep into the Underworld
- ICATT Apprenticeship Program Welcomes Kaskaskia College to its Network
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, CTA Announce Transit-Oriented Development Planning Initiative for Land Near 95th/Dan Ryan Red Line Station
- Producer Alon Juwal To Be a Member of the Jerusalem Jewish Film Festival Jury
The Will Group- through its subsidiary Lyons View Manufacturing- has been manufacturing products for the City of Chicago, utility companies and other municipalities throughout the Midwest for over 10 years. Previous and ongoing company projects include the Chicago Smart Lighting Program, which was procured by the Chicago Infrastructure Trust; O'Hare International Airport LED streetlight upgrade; City of Chicago Residential Blocks Program; ComEd's Smart Streetlight Program; and Exelon's Distribution Capacitor Bank Project. The company manufactured over 150,000 light fixtures with the City and contracted with Com Ed for an additional 150,000.
This new facility is part of Mayor Emanuel's efforts to use Chicago's procurement policies to bring thousands of good-paying jobs to Chicago and strengthen Chicago's manufacturing industry. In 2012, the City passed a bid incentive ordinance to give companies that manufacture in Chicago extra points in the procurement process, a policy change that helped create more than 3,000 new manufacturing jobs in Chicago.
Latest on illi News
- United® Real Estate Group Ranks as One of the Fastest-Growing Companies for the Fourth Time
- Ken Hawkins Joins Pinnacle Actuarial Resources as Consulting Actuary
- Mayor Lightfoot Launches Chicago Energy Rating System
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases
- JMN Logistics and Transportation Announces Largest One-Time Asset Investment in Company History Adding 16 New Trucks
- Gone Too Soon! The Life of Top Charting Artist and Producer
- Exegistics Named to the 2019 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Naperville: Project Applicants Sought for Special Events and Cultural Amenities (SECA) Grant Fund Program
- B & D Precision Selects Local Advertising Company For Marketing
- Menufy Taps into Postmates to Increase On-Demand Business for Restaurants
- Tales of Wonder and Dread Releases New Lovecraftian Books
- Wipe Data on Android with new iShredder Android GOVERNMENT and ENTERPRISE edition
- Pet Products Zone: Highly-Desired Pet Products for Your Four-Legged Friends
- Sinq Technologies Provides Increased Efficiency with New, Multiple Partnerships
- Regent Revenue Cycle Management Expands Service Infrastructure to Accommodate Next Phase of Growth
- Introducing the Fox&Summit® Wi-Fi Pull Cord Sensor for the Connected Home
- Mayor Lightfoot And Chicago Park District Announce Record Season With Over 90,000 Participants This Summer
- Naperville Police: Celebrate Safely This Labor Day; Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
- Everok taps Chain.io to power digital innovation throughout its global freight forwarding network