"Chicago believes in its local businesses and this ground breaking represents our commitment to fostering the success of companies like the Will Group while working to revitalize our neighborhoods," Mayor Emanuel said. "Neighborhood investments don't just create jobs; they create stronger communities, and I look forward to seeing what great things are in store for this company and its surrounding residents."
The Will Group, which manufactures electrical equipment for utility companies, municipalities and private clients, will relocate from two smaller facilities and construct the 60,000 square-foot complex with 32-foot ceilings, six loading docks, office space, parking and landscaping. The Will Group is purchasing vacant City-owned land at 825 S. Kilpatrick Avenue for the development that is expected to be completed within 18 months of the land sale.
More on illi News
- Kenmei Technologies names Ali Wansa as Executive Vice President of Sales
- HDScores Launches New Feature Using Emoticons
- Experience Japan's Historic Edo Period (1603-1868) Today in Tokyo and Tochigi Prefectures
- Mhde Askar Gives Chicago Visitors 6 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- The Capitol Hotel Tokyu Offers Authentic Japanese Cultural Experiences
"I am incredibly grateful for the support of Alderman Michael Scott, Jr. and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, to transform this community with the acquisition of this property. K-Town Business Centre is not just transactional, but also transformative," The Will Group Chairman, Stephen L. Davis said. We are committed to creating jobs in the communities in which we operate. The Will Group thanks its partners like ComEd, Exelon, Ameresco, the Chicago Infrastructure Trust, the Chicago Department of Planning and Development, Mayor Emanuel, and Alderman Scott. Without your support, the exponential growth and the transformation of this community could not have been possible."
"We are no longer the ward of vacant lots and abandoned buildings," Alderman Scott said. "Working together with the City, our community leaders and strong business partners like The Will Group, we are transforming the west side and bringing more jobs to this community."
More on illi News
- New 21.5" Medical-Grade Touch Screen Display Ideal for O.R. and Medical Carts
- New Children's Book Celebrates Jamaican Culture
- City of Naperville Receives DCEO Grant for Solar Project
- CDI Global Guides Successful Industrial Industry Divestment
- Sun Acquisitions announces Tony Schiappa's Re-Election to Board of Trustees
The Will Group- through its subsidiary Lyons View Manufacturing- has been manufacturing products for the City of Chicago, utility companies and other municipalities throughout the Midwest for over 10 years. Previous and ongoing company projects include the Chicago Smart Lighting Program, which was procured by the Chicago Infrastructure Trust; O'Hare International Airport LED streetlight upgrade; City of Chicago Residential Blocks Program; ComEd's Smart Streetlight Program; and Exelon's Distribution Capacitor Bank Project. The company manufactured over 150,000 light fixtures with the City and contracted with Com Ed for an additional 150,000.
This new facility is part of Mayor Emanuel's efforts to use Chicago's procurement policies to bring thousands of good-paying jobs to Chicago and strengthen Chicago's manufacturing industry. In 2012, the City passed a bid incentive ordinance to give companies that manufacture in Chicago extra points in the procurement process, a policy change that helped create more than 3,000 new manufacturing jobs in Chicago.
Latest on illi News
- CORE® Foods To Showcase New CORE® Bars At Sweets And Snacks Expo
- Gardener's Art Fest at The Growing Place Garden Center
- Open Heaven Conference at Joy Faith Ministries International!
- UrbanBound launches Freeway, a breakthrough relocation product that merges cost control with freedom
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Signs First Executive Order to Limit Aldermanic Prerogative
- WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING announces the official grappling teams for "WSOF-Submission 1" on June 15th, 2019 at Sam's Town Live
- Lori E. Lightfoot Sworn in as 56th Mayor of Chicago
- Vodacom Group enters into an agreement to acquire majority stake in IoT.nxt
- Naperville Police Department Investigate Shooting Incident
- "American Boy" Creates Cannabis Buzz at the University of Rome, Italy
- Smashmallow Unveils Dipped Line Extension At Sweets & Snacks Expo 2019
- LMS50 Announces New Online Employee Training Courses
- Perceptum Launches Upgraded Website and New Services Offerings for 21st Century Professionals
- Unity of Chicago South Hosts 'Mind, Body & Soul Expo: A Spiritual Experience'
- Single Black Female at eta Theatre
- Legendary Broadcaster Bill Kurtis Interviews Mayor Rahm Emanuel on the Final Episode of "Chicago Stories" Podcast
- Acumentrics, Inc. to Demonstrate Autonomous Power for Critical Missions During SOFIC 2019
- World Series Of Fighting Launches Its Grappling Division With "Submission 1" In Las Vegas
- PHCPPros Principals Pass 5-Year Leadership Mark
- RTM Engineering Consultants Announces New Acquisition