"Chicago believes in its local businesses and this ground breaking represents our commitment to fostering the success of companies like the Will Group while working to revitalize our neighborhoods," Mayor Emanuel said. "Neighborhood investments don't just create jobs; they create stronger communities, and I look forward to seeing what great things are in store for this company and its surrounding residents."
The Will Group, which manufactures electrical equipment for utility companies, municipalities and private clients, will relocate from two smaller facilities and construct the 60,000 square-foot complex with 32-foot ceilings, six loading docks, office space, parking and landscaping. The Will Group is purchasing vacant City-owned land at 825 S. Kilpatrick Avenue for the development that is expected to be completed within 18 months of the land sale.
More on illi News
- York Solutions Honors Chicago IT Leaders at Second Annual Business of IT Awards Ceremony
- Naperville Police Arrest Juvenile for Felony Disorderly Conduct
- Connected Real Estate Summit Launched in Partnership with the #TechSuperShow 2020 in Florida
- ICATT Apprenticeship Program Network Company Wins GACC Apprenticeship Award
- Northern Trust Corporation to Speak at the Goldman Sachs U.S. Financial Services Conference on December 11th
"I am incredibly grateful for the support of Alderman Michael Scott, Jr. and Mayor Rahm Emanuel, to transform this community with the acquisition of this property. K-Town Business Centre is not just transactional, but also transformative," The Will Group Chairman, Stephen L. Davis said. We are committed to creating jobs in the communities in which we operate. The Will Group thanks its partners like ComEd, Exelon, Ameresco, the Chicago Infrastructure Trust, the Chicago Department of Planning and Development, Mayor Emanuel, and Alderman Scott. Without your support, the exponential growth and the transformation of this community could not have been possible."
"We are no longer the ward of vacant lots and abandoned buildings," Alderman Scott said. "Working together with the City, our community leaders and strong business partners like The Will Group, we are transforming the west side and bringing more jobs to this community."
More on illi News
- Mayor Lightfoot Launches "New Start Chicago" Website to Help Residents Access New Debt Payment Plans
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, CFD And PBC Break Ground on New State-Of-The-Art Fire Station on Far South Side
- Highly anticipated JD Coin launched in Idaho to take the Crypto World by Storm
- Axiros Announces A Strategic Technology Partnership With AudioCodes
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens New Urgent Care Clinic in Tucker, GA
The Will Group- through its subsidiary Lyons View Manufacturing- has been manufacturing products for the City of Chicago, utility companies and other municipalities throughout the Midwest for over 10 years. Previous and ongoing company projects include the Chicago Smart Lighting Program, which was procured by the Chicago Infrastructure Trust; O'Hare International Airport LED streetlight upgrade; City of Chicago Residential Blocks Program; ComEd's Smart Streetlight Program; and Exelon's Distribution Capacitor Bank Project. The company manufactured over 150,000 light fixtures with the City and contracted with Com Ed for an additional 150,000.
This new facility is part of Mayor Emanuel's efforts to use Chicago's procurement policies to bring thousands of good-paying jobs to Chicago and strengthen Chicago's manufacturing industry. In 2012, the City passed a bid incentive ordinance to give companies that manufacture in Chicago extra points in the procurement process, a policy change that helped create more than 3,000 new manufacturing jobs in Chicago.
Latest on illi News
- Macadamian Recognized in Think Tank ConCeplus' Healthcare Movers 2019 Report on digital transformation in healthcare
- Emergency Repair Tire Mobility Kit For Cars from Stop and Go
- Personal Injury Lawyer Austin DC Law Group
- October Saw North Center Residential Market Continue Yielding Higher Median Sales Prices
- Boeing Names New Communications Leader for Commercial Airplanes Business
- OCCIDENTAL STUDIOS ALIGNS WITH THE THIRD FLOOR & PRG - Opens A Multi-Stage Digital Media Environment Offering Multiple Production Stages In Hollywood
- Perceivant Offers Consumer Version of re:MIND on Kickstarter
- 83bar Further Expands Global Patient Activation Capabilities
- Copper Hospital Bed Study Shows 90% Reduction on HAI Bacteria Counts
- ASAP Systems Announces the Launch of a New Website
- Nutter Home Loans Celebrates the Inclusive Updates to the Sybil Silkwood Nutter Playground
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot
- Keno Kozie and ALA Bring Technology Training to Legal Industry
- careMESH Launches its HL7® FHIR®-Based Provider Directory in the District of Columbia
- Mark Cuban Invests $250k in Matching Dog + People Clothing Business — Dog Threads
- Worldleaders 2019 Sales and Marketing CEO Conference (12/13/2019)
- Menke Celebrates 45 years of Employee Ownership, to Present at the 2019 Employee Owned Conference in Las Vegas
- STFB Inc. Launches SAAS Based ERP System for VAR's, Developers, & Consultants,
- Gov. Murphy, Mayor Fulop & 99 Hudson Panel at Nov 18th Jersey City Summit in 1 Week
- Formnext 2019: DigiFabster expands its Sales & Execution Software Platform to provide 'One-Stop-Shop' solution for manufacturing companies