- Ladybug Watercolor Painting in Chicago Gallery Holiday Art Show
- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
- Diane Gray-Smith Joins STS Capital Partners
Glenda Schaller, a WMI driver and proud union member of over 30 years said: "We were successful in these negotiations because we were united and determined at the table. We worked together and made a good contract better. As Teamsters, we're always building, always gaining."
The WMI contract victory marks the first group of workers to reach a deal in the Chicagoland area. Chuck Stiles, Director of the Teamsters Solid Waste and Recycling Division said: "I want to applaud Chicago workers and thank the leadership team at the International. Had it not been for our General President Sean M. O'Brien, we may never have secured a contract like this. His guidance in negotiations really sealed the deal. It is by far the richest contract in Local 731's history. It also includes some of the strongest language ever negotiated at WMI."
More on illi News
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2023 book releases
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
Local 731 is currently negotiating agreements for more than 2,500 waste workers at several other employers including Republic Services, Waste Connections, Lakeshore Recycling Systems, and several other private commercial waste companies for the city with their sights set on higher wages, improved working conditions, and language guaranteeing workers the right to honor picket lines in their new contracts.
Stiles concluded: "Local 731 members are strong, focused, and energized. We will keep the momentum going as we continue our fight at the table with the other haulers."
Teamsters Union was founded in 1903 representing 1.2 million hardworking people in U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico with their mission to fight for better wages and improved working conditions for its members across all industries they represent.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
- North America's Agrivoltaics Expo Set to Level Up the Solar Land Use Renaissance Next Summer in Chicago
- Ulta Beauty Announces CFO Succession Plan
- Joint Statement from Johnson Administration, Chicago Parks District and 29th Ward Alderman Chris Taliaferro Regarding Admundsen Park
- National Minority Health Association Launches "Equity for All."
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- From the heinous to the sublime, Paul Adams & Elizabeth Geyer release new single, "A Journey of Dreams"
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Naperville: Structure Fire in the 1100 Block of Iroquois Avenue
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- Remark Holdings, Inc. Releases Version 1.0 of its AI-powered Video Analytics System for Aircraft Engine Inspections And Safety
- Unveiling a Secluded Paradise: Beachfront Home on Dog Island, Carrabelle, Florida, Goes to Auction
- SalonInteractive Launches in Square App Marketplace to Provide eCommerce, Marketing & More to Beauty Professionals
- Walgreens Launches Rx Savings Finder to Help Patients Save on Prescription Medications
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Hyatt Celebrates Groundbreaking of Inaugural Hyatt Studios Property in Mobile, Alabama
- Travis Bagent, Arm Wrestling Champion, Wins Custom Suit in Fun-Filled Match with BALANI CEO Sonny Balani
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Echo Global Logistics Named a 2023 Best and Brightest Company to Work For in the Nation