- Ladybug Watercolor Painting in Chicago Gallery Holiday Art Show
- Give the Gift of Radiant Skin with ZAQ Zayn: The Revolutionary 5-in-1 Skincare Device
- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
The Community Growers Program seeks to reduce barriers to urban agriculture by providing access to land and water resources, technical support, and resources to build long-term sites. This program will create new food access points in neighborhoods experiencing food insecurity while also creating wealth-building opportunities for growers.
More on illi News
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2023 book releases
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
- One Million Pages Read in the First Year !!
"The COVID-19 pandemic exposed the fragility of our food system and the inequities embedded within it," said Mayor Lightfoot. "Through the Community Growers Program, we will enable us to use our urban agriculture to create a more equitable and resilient food system and supply food insecure residents with healthy and abundant options."
NeighborSpace is a nonprofit urban land trust in Chicago that preserves and sustains gardens on behalf of dedicated community groups. They provide support for community gardens through property ownership, insurance, water stewardship, education tool lending project planning fundraising support troubleshooting and more so that community groups can focus on gardening and their community-building vision generating food beauty play health safety for their neighborhoods.
"This program builds on the work of countless farmers and gardeners who have been growing food in Chicago for generations by permanently expanding the footprint of urban agriculture in our City," said Ben Helphand Executive Director of NeighborSpace. "Importantly this program will target its support to those growers who have not previously had access to a lot of resources or institutional support."
More on illi News
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- Successful Data Recovery: WeRecoverData Rescues Small Business in Chicago
- Best Freelance Copywriting Services
- "Street Fighter™ 6" Panel Announced for December 2nd at Los Angeles Comic Con; The Music of Street Fighter 6: A Special Look at the Video Game
Anton Seals Jr., Lead Steward of Grow Greater Englewood added: "Grow Greater Englewood is proud to come together to collectively administer the Chicago Community Growers Program. There is so much pent-up demand for growing in our communities; this program will jump start several dozen grassroots growing operations increasing hyper local food access while building up small businesses."
The first round of applications are open until April 1st 2023 through which interested urban growers can apply for assistance at Chicago.gov/BACPRecoveryPlan. The Community Growers Program is part of the City's plan to create an equity-based investment strategy as part of its recovery from COVID-19 pandemic; holistic investment in communities hardest hit by the pandemic is paramount toward supporting equitable economic recovery across Chicago.
Latest on illi News
- Hyatt Celebrates Groundbreaking of Inaugural Hyatt Studios Property in Mobile, Alabama
- Travis Bagent, Arm Wrestling Champion, Wins Custom Suit in Fun-Filled Match with BALANI CEO Sonny Balani
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Echo Global Logistics Named a 2023 Best and Brightest Company to Work For in the Nation
- Fairway Private Equity & Venture Capital Opportunities Fund Announces Third Quarter Results
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- New Partnership Between Generis And Risetime Provides Easy and Compliant Information Management for Cosmetics Industry
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- Cotinuum LLC Partners with Expedition Money LLC to Elevate Financial Wellness Offerings for Workers
- 8TH ANNUAL ELITE TRADES CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TO AIR ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK IN DECEMBER
- Arcons Technology Announces Longview Asset Management's successful adoption of tradeEdge for Streamlined Trade Allocations
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- The Holiday Season is Going to Get Spooky This Weekend
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- UVCeed Wins Fast Company 2023 Next Big Things in Tech Award
- Naperville: Judge Grants State's Motion to Detain Pre-Trial an Aurora Woman Charged with Leading Police on 122 MPH High-Speed Pursuit