"The State is making a great investment by awarding Naperville grant funds to add more solar installations to our City," Mayor Steve Chirico said. "We continue to focus on environmental sustainability, including reducing barriers to solar energy growth for our residents and businesses and our most recent SolSmart Silver designation."
The grant will help to support the design, planning, scheduling, permitting and construction of a fixed tilt axis solar project that will produce a minimum of 63,500 kilowatt hours per year. The solar array will help offset the energy costs of the 213,000-square-foot building and will be integrated into existing City software for display and analysis of historical and live solar electricity generation data on the City's website. The building houses the nationally accredited Public Works Department.
More on illi News
- 19" Outdoor Waterproof Sunlight Readable Monitor, Ideal for Any Environment
- 2019 Grand Master Marketer Recipient Wins Big With Excellent Digital and Marketing Solutions Partner
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries!
- Hurricane releases cover of Queen / David Bowie classic "Under Pressure"
- Darin Buford Named Director for Northwestern Mutual – Chicago
After the solar array is constructed this fall, tours and project information will be provided to anyone interested in learning about or installing solar photovoltaic arrays. Informational display boards about solar energy will be installed at the building as an educational tool and the site will be used to promote all the renewable energy programs available to residents and businesses throughout the city.
Latest on illi News
- Indeck Debuts "Indeck Answers" with Release of Steam Power Shopping Best Practices eBook
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- The Woodstock Festival Finally Came to—Wait for It—Woodstock
- Gary St. Fleur, Who Took Down Previous Mayor, Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Scranton, PA
- Phinge Introduces Phriendle and Piccial, the first Rewards-Based, Interchangeable Social Media Platforms to Compete with Facebook and Instagram
- LeFrois Expands Rochester with Two New Business Parks
- Can car rental services in Malta help improve the island's problems?
- Harshness Environment Anti- Corrosion - Sunkye Glass-Sintered Sealing Application & Solutions
- Reborn at 50! Chicago's original school of improvisation, Players Workshop, reopens with a new mission
- Mondo providing track for Footspeed competition at Aug. 23 Saint Sabina Block Party
- Goldblum, Levi, Guttenberg Q&A's, Creative Panels Head Programming At Wizard World Chicago
- Land of Hope: Silk Painting by Oleh Chuyko
- Director and Producer Alon Juwal joins the Israeli Academy of Film and Television
- Thiel College accepting applications for new Speech-Language Pathology graduate program
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Nearly $6 Million In Departmental Savings And Efficiencies Stemming From Operational And Process Improvements
- United® Real Estate Group Ranks as One of the Fastest-Growing Companies for the Fourth Time
- Ken Hawkins Joins Pinnacle Actuarial Resources as Consulting Actuary
- Mayor Lightfoot Launches Chicago Energy Rating System
- George Clinton sparks a Phat Blunt with Miss Velvet and The Blue Wolf
- Country Star Gary West Readies for Worldwide Releases