According to a recent publication in the Journal of Digital Imaging, linear and angular measurements acquired within the ImmersiveView VR environment are equivalent to those made physically; independent of the shape or complexity of the objects. The publication was titled, "Accuracy and Reproducibility of Linear and Angular Measurements in Virtual Reality: a Validation Study."
ImmersiveView 3.0's high degree of accuracy combined with a simple to use VR interface made its clinical debut earlier this month in Chicago to assist with a scoliosis procedure. The surgeon used both MR and CT scans to evaluate the spinal deformity. Using ImmersiveView 3.0TM, the surgeon was able to better understand the relationship between the bone and nerve at its point of most compression. Advances in imaging in the last 15 years have led to three-dimensional (3D) recreations of anatomy, but they could only be viewed on a two-dimensional (2D) display, limiting the ability to fully interact with the model and assess the patient's anatomy. ImmersiveView 3.0TM overcomes this current limitation by providing the surgeon and clinician full 3D depth perception of medical imaging in a VR display.
More on illi News
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant
- Gatski Commercial Names David Bauman managing director of property management
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Named Top Workplace for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- Top Driver Delivers Thousands of Memorial Wreaths
"Since our inception, it has been our vision to provide world-class virtual reality based imaging tools that optimize workflows and provide increased access to critical information, ultimately enabling physicians to perform highly delicate procedures with greater speed and precision," said Jay Banerjee, Chief Executive Officer of ImmersiveTouch.
ImmersiveView 3.0TM will be presented by Dr. Farid Shafaie, MD and Dr. Pravin Patel, MD during their symposium at the 3D Printing and Advanced Visualization Showcase named "Next generation of advanced visualization for surgical planning and optimizing analysis utilizing immersive reality with haptic feedback and air models."
ImmersiveTouch will exhibit its products at RSNA for the first time at the North Hall - Booth #6563A2 from Sunday, December 1 to Thursday, December 5.
About ImmersiveTouch Inc.
ImmersiveTouch is using the latest advancements in computer vision, AI and AR/VR to develop FDA cleared medical technology. The company provides a suite of solutions for surgical planning, patient engagement, and surgery skills training. www.immersivetouch.com
More on illi News
- Beloved Sesame Street Icon Brings Awareness to Little-Known Brain Disorder
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- Outstanding Holiday Appetizer and Adult Beverage Pairings II
- Buyer Beware: Choose GTM Original's Authorized Dealers for Full Service
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- GBC aba announces the opening of the only alternative preschool for children with autism in Peoria
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- Chief Marketer Names August Jackson to the 2020 List of Top 200 Brand Engagement and Experience Agencies in the U.S.
- Symplast Founder Dr. Kusuma to Present Telehealth Session at the 2019 Florida Plastic Surgery Forum
- FileFlex Enterprise lets SharePoint users easily and securely share files with non-SharePoint users
- Oral Cancer Initiative Announces Free Screening Events in Eight Chicago Suburban Schools in January After Successful Event in Elmhurst in November
- As a Black Man, What Happens in Vegas (at Circus Circus) Stays with Me Forever
- Telecom Service Assurance Market Worth $8.9 Billion by 2024 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector
- Large Independent Multi-Center Clinical Trial with Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Confirms Results in 7 Days
- PRNFamily Funky New Year 2020 at Paisley Park Honoring Prince Music Genius and Philanthropy
- Pacific Produce Looks to Continue Rapid Growth with Transition to Produce Pro Software
- Florida Mediator Matthew Graduates Harvard Law School Negotiation Master Class
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
- How To Get Your Dog Into the Holiday Spirit, from the Rotary Santa Run
- The Rotary Santa Run Presents 12 Christmas Traditions Your Kids Will Never Forget
- Allstate Announces Preferred Stock Dividends
- National Survey Reveals CIOs Must Prioritize Revenue Generating Initiatives, Leadership and Mentorship to Gain Competitive Edge