According to a recent publication in the Journal of Digital Imaging, linear and angular measurements acquired within the ImmersiveView VR environment are equivalent to those made physically; independent of the shape or complexity of the objects. The publication was titled, "Accuracy and Reproducibility of Linear and Angular Measurements in Virtual Reality: a Validation Study."
ImmersiveView 3.0's high degree of accuracy combined with a simple to use VR interface made its clinical debut earlier this month in Chicago to assist with a scoliosis procedure. The surgeon used both MR and CT scans to evaluate the spinal deformity. Using ImmersiveView 3.0TM, the surgeon was able to better understand the relationship between the bone and nerve at its point of most compression. Advances in imaging in the last 15 years have led to three-dimensional (3D) recreations of anatomy, but they could only be viewed on a two-dimensional (2D) display, limiting the ability to fully interact with the model and assess the patient's anatomy. ImmersiveView 3.0TM overcomes this current limitation by providing the surgeon and clinician full 3D depth perception of medical imaging in a VR display.
More on illi News
- Chicago: Recovery Task Force Releases Advisory Report to Guide City's Planning Efforts to Recover from Covid-19
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
"Since our inception, it has been our vision to provide world-class virtual reality based imaging tools that optimize workflows and provide increased access to critical information, ultimately enabling physicians to perform highly delicate procedures with greater speed and precision," said Jay Banerjee, Chief Executive Officer of ImmersiveTouch.
ImmersiveView 3.0TM will be presented by Dr. Farid Shafaie, MD and Dr. Pravin Patel, MD during their symposium at the 3D Printing and Advanced Visualization Showcase named "Next generation of advanced visualization for surgical planning and optimizing analysis utilizing immersive reality with haptic feedback and air models."
ImmersiveTouch will exhibit its products at RSNA for the first time at the North Hall - Booth #6563A2 from Sunday, December 1 to Thursday, December 5.
About ImmersiveTouch Inc.
ImmersiveTouch is using the latest advancements in computer vision, AI and AR/VR to develop FDA cleared medical technology. The company provides a suite of solutions for surgical planning, patient engagement, and surgery skills training. www.immersivetouch.com
More on illi News
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Police Arrest Naperville Man for Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- "Blades Direct Reviews" Announces SHOXX and Samedia Products: BX13, Master MST, GX20 and BFM an
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Twista's GMG Artist B-Hype Drops Video For It's My Life
- Janet Hayes named new CEO of Crate and Barrel Holdings, Inc.
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Spin: Crowdfunding for the Greater Good
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- New event series pays tribute to black children killed by violence in Chicago
- Mayor Lightfoot Launches Signature Chicago Utility Billing Relief Program
- Extra/Ordinary Small Business Podcast Season 2 Launches with All-Star Lineup