- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc - 232
- Haddonfield Living Magazine Features Owners of Boutique Real Estate Agency in May 2021 Edition - 231
- New UV inkjet primer for stainless steel tumblers and metal drink-ware from Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc - 208
Pharmazz is pleased to announce the peer-reviewed publication of the manuscript titled "Centhaquine Restores Renal Blood Flow and Protects Tissue Damage After Hemorrhagic Shock and Renal Ischemia." The manuscript is published in Frontier in Pharmacology and is available https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2021.616253. Lyfaquin® increased renal blood flow, augmented hypoxia response, decreased tissue damage, and apoptosis following hemorrhagic shock-induced acute kidney injury (AKI) in the rat.
AKI has significantly increased in the past couple of decades. Its incidence can reach up to 50% in critically ill patients. The etiology of AKI may be multifactorial and is substantially associated with increased morbidity and mortality. AKI as an in-hospital complication of sepsis, heart conditions, and surgery is increasingly recognized. It commonly occurs in patients with septic shock, hemorrhagic shock, COVID-19. About one-third of patients hospitalized with COVID-19 develop AKI. Besides, AKI occurs from some antibiotics, contrast media, and poisons.
More on illi News
- Ismail Sirdah's Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Robert Katz, M.D. Elected Chair, Lupus Society of Illinois Board of Directors
- Naperville: Bond set at $150,000 for man accused of Possession of Child Pornography
- Cobalt Adds Newly Designed One and Two Channel 3G-SDI Models
- Marine Survey Completed for the "GigNet-1" Subsea Cable System
The study results indicate that resuscitation with Lyfaquin® helps protect kidney tissues by increasing tissue blood perfusion (p=0.003), and hypoxia-inducible factors mediated anti-apoptotic and survival responses. Lyfaquin® could enhance blood flow in kidneys after acute injury and had an anti-apoptotic role mediated via hypoxia-responsive factors activation, which would promote angiogenesis and metabolic adaptation in injured tissues for their survival and function. Histopathological analysis showed that treatment with Lyfaquin® decreased the pathological damage score (p=0.078) in hemorrhagic shock-induced AKI in the rat. Early kidney damage marker, neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) was significantly (p=0.016) reduced in the Lyfaquin® group than the control group.
Lyfaquin® is a frontline therapy used in conjunction with the standard of care and is well-positioned to address critical unmet needs in hypovolemic shock. Lyfaquin® is well tolerated, with no serious adverse events attributed to Lyfaquin®. Pharmazz plans to advance this indication of AKI towards clinical studies and work with regulatory agencies to make Lyfaquin® available to patients with AKI.
About Pharmazz, Inc.
Pharmazz, Inc. is a privately held company engaged in developing novel products in critical care medicine. Additional information may be found on the Company's website, www.pharmazz.com.
More on illi News
- The Foundation for Dermatology Education to Host the Fourth Annual Revolutionizing Atopic Dermatitis (RAD) Virtual Conference - Sunday, June 13, 2021 USA - English USA - English
- Naperville Needs You. Help Shape the Possibilities.
- Providence Real Estate Announces Creation of The Providence Real Estate Diversity Scholarship
- Keller Lenkner Associates Sean Duddy and Marquel Reddish Longtin Honored as 2021 Elite Trial Lawyers Rising Stars of the Plaintiffs Bar
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are only predictions based on current information and expectations. They involve many risks and uncertainties, including the risk that Pharmazz, Inc. cannot execute its business plan for lack of capital or other resources, distribution, partnering, or licensing/acquisition opportunities. Actual events or results may differ materially from those projected in such statements due to various factors. Any of these risks could cause Pharmazz, Inc. or its industry's actual results, levels of activity, performance, or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements in this presentation. Except as required by applicable law, Pharmazz, Inc. does not intend to update any forward-looking statements to conform these statements to actual results.
SOURCE Pharmazz, Inc.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Inc. Magazine Names Hologram on its Annual List of Best Workplaces for 2021
- Nanometrics Awarded $10 Million US Government Contract to Upgrade its International Seismic Monitoring Network
- In-Car Video Technology from Motorola Solutions Assisting U.K. Police to "Help Reduce Road Risk and Increase Safety"
- Announcing "My Way Your Way Our Way", Bashiri Johnson's New Video & Single released on Life In Rhythm Media
- RMB Capital Proposes a Spin-Off of Nippon Columbia and Other Measures to Increase Value at Faith Ltd.
- Havas Chicago Appoints Industry Highflier Myra Nussbaum as Chief Creative Officer
- WT Group Welcomes David MacDonald as Director of Business Development
- Teledyne Storm Unveils New Cable Family of Test Leads Offering Extended Useful Life: Storm-Test™
- Food & Beverage Packaging Redefined: The Chill-Can® & 5 Liter Keg Just The Beginning For Innovation Team At Joseph Company International, Inc
- EclecticIQ Appoints Jay Zimmet as Chief Revenue Officer
- Dr. Julie Steinhauer Reveals The Link Between Your Smile and Vision
- TDS and UScellular To Webcast Annual Meetings Of Shareholders
- Restaurateur Leads African American Initiative to Endorse Mayoral Candidate Eric Adams
- SurePeople Promotes Demetra Anagnostopoulos to Co-CEO, Expands Leadership Team to Accelerate Strong Growth Momentum
- ElevenSight Named TiE50 Award Winner at TiEcon 2021
- An Inventory System that Brings Historical Data Back to the Present
- Sidow Sobrino drops "Spin & Dance"
- New UV inkjet primer for stainless steel tumblers and metal drink-ware from Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc
- Lime Global Selects LifeSpeak to Offer Mental Health and Wellbeing Support for UK Customers
- National Installment Lenders Association: Illinois Citizens Speak Out Against New Lending Law [Videos]