"When we unite the strengths of our neighborhood libraries with great housing that is affordable and accessible, it is truly the best of both worlds," said Mayor Emanuel. "Chicago is reimaging and redefining what world-class housing and libraries can look like, and staying at the cutting edge of creating shared spaces that bring communities together."
"This is an important day for West Ridge as we stand together to mark the completion of a development that will serve as a gateway to our community," said Alderman Debra L. Silverstein, 50th Ward. "I know that the new residents of this building join the library patrons in welcoming this important neighborhood anchor that has transformed this corner into a vibrant place to live and gather."
More on illi News
- MiaSolé Achieves Flexible Substrate Thin-Film Solar Cell Efficiency of 20.56 Percent
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2019 America's Best Real Estate Agents List Seventh Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Doug Baruchin of Island Trauma Services, Inc. Earns Accredited ACAC Certification
- Soreide Law Group files a FINRA Arbitration for Florida Investors in GBP Automotive Portfolio, GPB Waste Management, GPB Holdings II & III
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, City Officials Provide Resources, Tips to Beat Extreme Heat and Urge Residents to Take Extra Precaution
"Our goal is to expand affordable housing opportunities across Chicago while also delivering community assets that can benefit all residents," said CHA CEO Eugene Jones, Jr. "With the opening of Northtown Apartments, we are providing a community anchor that combines new housing options and a library that will serve residents of all ages from West Ridge."
Developed by Evergreen Real Estate Group and designed by Perkins+Will, Northtown Apartments offers 44 apartments for seniors aged 62 and older with 30 units for renters from the CHA waiting list and 14 affordable units. The apartment building also offers residents a fitness center, laundry room and outdoor space. Residents will also have access to the library community room to use for meetings or other resident activities.
"Northtown Apartments demonstrates the strength of innovative public-private partnerships that provide much-needed affordable housing for seniors," said David Block, director of development for Evergreen Real Estate Group. "We're proud to have played a role in bringing to the West Ridge neighborhood a modern library offering wide-ranging social and educational opportunities for residents of all ages, including seniors living in the Northtown Apartments."
More on illi News
- First New Renality Facility Open in Newnan, GA – "City of Homes"
- Stronghold Cyber Security Publishes White Paper on NIST 800-171B for Defense Contractors
- New - Very Easy Photo Editing Software For Everybody
- Siemens Healthineers Named Recipient of 2019 Cultural Vistas Corporate Leadership Award
- Naperville Man Charged With 5 Counts of Criminal Damage to Property
Northtown Apartments and Northtown Branch Library was built with funding from CHA, the City of Chicago Department of Planning and Development, the Illinois Housing Development Authority and private lenders including TCF Bank, 5/3 Fifth Third Bank, CIBC, CREA, Clocktower Tax Credits and ComEd Energy Efficiency Program.
The project is one of three CHA/CPL developments, which resulted from a design competition that inspired some of the city's top architects to bring world-class design to the neighborhoods.
The other two co-located CHA/CPL developments are Taylor Street Apartments and Little Italy Branch Library in the Little Italy community and Independence Apartments and Branch Library in the Irving Park community. All three branch libraries opened in early 2019. Residents have begun moving into Taylor Street Apartments, which offers 73 family apartments. The 44 new apartments units at Independence Apartments will open over the summer.
Latest on illi News
- Chicago: Statement from Mayor Lightfoot on the Rescue of the Alligator in the Humboldt Park Lagoon
- CSW Solutions is now a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Hello Sustainable Hair: New Mom Gretchen Rossi Partners with OMORFIE
- Mayor Lightfoot, Chicago Police Superintendent Johnson Welcome New Recruits to The Academy
- The Global Glow: The founder behind beauty powerhouse MineTan is taking over the self tan industry
- National Testing Network Recognized by Governing Magazine
- ARi President/CEO, Ravi Gudapati, Accepted into Forbes Technology Council
- Talking Rocks Venue Announces Its Own Multi-Day, Multi-Cultural, Music, Food, & Gemstone Showcase
- Residential Home Funding Corp. Plans to Add 100 Loan Officers by End of 2019
- Steadfast Engineers Design Game Changing Enterprise-Level Cloud Services for SME Businesses
- Leo Bottary Announces the Launch of Peernovation
- IRS Commissioner to Address National Tax Pro Group
- New Book on Rockford Area Musicians Set for 815 Day Release
- Spooky Ventures to Celebrate 815 (Rockford) Day
- Share Internet Data Ltd (SID) Expands its Mobile Network to include the Unbanked with its LDJ Digital app
- Social Justice Activist and Veteran Radio Host Mark Thompson Launches New Daily Show and Podcast with DNR Studios and DCP Entertainment
- Agent Addition: Las Cruces Moving & Storage
- Fawcett Boat Supplies Acquires Annapolis Inflatables
- Trump's Kidney Care Executive Order Validates New Renality Approach to Chronic Kidney Disease
- Falco eMotors Achieves UL, CSA and CE Certification for the Full Line of Epoch Industrial and Commercial HVLS Fans