- Wireless Charging for Wearables and Beyond: NuCurrent Advances NFC Wireless Charging Beyond the NFC Forum's Global WLC Specification
- Cap Rates for Net Lease Dollar Store Properties Compress to Historic Levels | The Boulder Group
- Vandi Lynnae Announces New Single 'Dancing Through The Rain'
Mr. Walsh, who represents clients in the financial industry in complex commercial litigation, including class actions related to currency benchmarks and high frequency trading, SEC and exchange investigations, FINRA arbitration, and cryptocurrency offerings, will practice in the firm's Securities & Complex Commercial Litigation; Commodities, Futures & Derivatives; and FinTech & Blockchain practices.
"We are delighted to welcome Bill to Murphy & McGonigle," said Harris Kay, Managing Partner of the firm's Chicago office, which opened in September 2020. "Bill's experience with CME Group is invaluable and will further strengthen our Commodities, Futures & Derivatives Practice." CME is an American global markets company that is the world's largest financial derivatives exchange, and trades in asset classes that include agricultural products, currencies, energy, interest rates, metals, stock indexes and cryptocurrencies futures.
More on illi News
- Care2Care International Seeks Equity Crowdfunding for Growth
- MedWand Solutions, Inc. and AMD Global Telemedicine, Inc Partner to Enable Next Generation of Telehealth
- Become a Certified Life or Health Coach by Training with The Mind Remapping Academy
- Marketing Launch Team OÜ introduces GrowNections – an invitation only and AI-powered one-stop business-networking focused social media app
- Sifter.shop Launches the Sifter Professional Network
"I am thrilled to join Murphy & McGonigle and to help build its new Chicago office," said Mr. Walsh. "I was attracted to the firm by its focus on the financial services industry and the level of talented lawyers in that sector it has attracted to the firm."
Mr. Walsh served in CME Group's Market Regulation Department for four years, most recently as Senior Enforcement Counsel. There he prosecuted and investigated rule violations on CME Group Exchanges related to matters including disruption trading and messaging, spoofing, trading algorithm and system malfunctions, wash trades, position limit violations and non-competitive trading. He also conducted hearings before Exchange disciplinary panels and administered Exchange arbitration process.
An Adjunct Professor at the Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Mr. Walsh is a member of the Chicago Bar Association's Judicial Evaluation Committee.
About Murphy & McGonigle
Murphy & McGonigle serves the regulatory counseling, enforcement defense and high-stakes litigation needs of clients across the full spectrum of the financial services industry – from national banks, broker-dealers, investment advisers, and hedge funds, to national and international securities markets and exchanges. Many of the firm's partners formerly served in senior positions at the U.S. Department of Justice, SEC, FINRA, the CFTC and the OCC, and several served in senior executive positions in major financial institutions on Wall Street.
More on illi News
- Step Up, Stand Out and Break Through with October's First-Ever Black Professionals Month
- Disruptive PropTech platform an offshoot of online fundraising frontrunner
- Simple Mills Debuts FIRST National Advertising Campaign Titled "Live Full"
- Camping World Announces Increase in Stock Repurchase Program by $125 Million
- SIGGRAPH 2021 Honors History of Computer Graphics With First-of-its-kind Program
Murphy & McGonigle was named 2021 "Law Firm of the Year" for Securities Regulation by U.S. News – Best Lawyers. It has been rated a National Tier One law firm in Securities Regulation and Litigation - Securities for nine consecutive years by in the same survey. The latest Chambers USA Guide says of the firm: "Showcases broad expertise in cutting-edge matters such as the use of blockchain, digital currencies and artificial intelligence in the fintech space."
Murphy & McGonigle
SOURCE Murphy & McGonigle, P.C.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Aptinyx to Participate in 2021 Wedbush PacGrow Healthcare Virtual Conference
- Mister Illusion aka Charlie Fass at Fountains at Roseville this Friday
- New pad printing ink for plastics from Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc
- Healthwell Acquisition Corp. I Announces Pricing of $250,000,000 Initial Public Offering
- JetRails Announces Magento Hosting Rescue Service
- Baxter Advances Enterprise Digital Transformation in Collaboration With AWS
- MTE Advisors Inc. Offering a 3-Day BRM Workshop
- Two-time WNBA MVP Candace Parker will serve as the Grand Marshal for the 92nd Annual Bud Billiken® Parade
- Sterling Partners Completes Sale of Traffic Control Leader, Statewide Safety Systems
- Upcoming gelataria, SIDESHOW GELATO, brings the carnival for family friendly end of summer spectacular!
- Acumentrics, Inc. will be exhibiting at the annual Wright Patterson AFB Technology Expo on August 11th, 2021, in Dayton, Ohio
- Keller Lenkner Named Trial Strategy Innovation Law Firm of the Year by National Law Journal and American Lawyer Media at 2021 Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
- La Vida Baseball Launches New All-Female and Latina Multimedia Show 'Locker Room Talk' Wednesday
- Katonah Capital Partners Management LLC and Emil van Essen LLC Announce Merger
- Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas names Mary Ellen Podmolik as her new Director of Communications
- Internet Radio Pioneering Radio Station - Global Radio 1 is back on air
- Bowmore® Single Malt Scotch Whisky introduces Designed by Aston Martin collection USA - English Latin America - español Deutschland - Deutsch France - Français Brazil - Português
- First Trust Advisors L.P. Announces Distribution for FT Cboe Vest Gold Strategy Target Income ETF®
- Naperville Police Present College Safety Guide Webinar on August 5
- Beyond Protocol Launches Unhackable Blockchain-Ledger Technology to Record Proof of Ownership of Rare Collectibles