"From running into burning buildings to coming to our rescue in a time of need, Chicago's firefighters and paramedics are nothing short of superheroes and they deserve nothing more than state-of-the-art resources and equipment to keep our residents safe," said Mayor Lightfoot. "Today represents more than an investment in public safety infrastructure, but also an investment to stimulate growth and new jobs for our south side communities."
More on illi News
- Broken Home Mixed Media Art In Virtual Show Opening Today, July 3
- The House Used by General George Washington at Valley Forge Still Stands Today
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
- Naperville Firefighters Extinguish Hotel Fire on 1600 Block of W. Diehl Road
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, City Departments and Street Outreach Partners Announce New Efforts to Ensure Safe and Healthy Fourth of July Weekend
With sleeping quarters, locker rooms, a workout facility, full-service kitchen with pantry and dining area and a laundry room, the 27,000-square-foot, single-story fire station will be a home-away-from-home for approximately 20 firefighters/EMTs and eight officers. Additionally, the facility will also feature a state-of-the-art emergency communication hub, watchtower, open office spaces and a 4-bay apparatus room with a hose drying tower.
"The West Pullman community and the department members who will staff this house will reap the benefits of a world-class facility", said Fire Commissioner Richard C. Ford II. "This brand-new firehouse will allow the Chicago Fire Department to more efficiently serve the residents, business owners, and visitors of the South and South East sides of Chicago."
Managed by the PBC, the design and construction of the project will be led by the minority-led firm, UJAMAA/Trice Joint Venture. The $30 million project is expected to support 94 full-time jobs, at least half of which are required to be filled by local Chicago residents as part of the City's ongoing effort to build career opportunities for community members of a project's surrounding neighborhood areas, both in the construction trades as well as skilled and unskilled workers.
More on illi News
- Amazing Local Summer Bucket List Destinations
- Law Offices of Charles G. Eichinger & Associates, P.C. Open and Ready to Help
- Torres Law Joins Alliott Group, The World's Sixth-Largest Multidisciplinary Alliance Of Professional Services Firms
- NetZoom Adds More Devices to the Most Extensive Microsoft Visio Stencils Library for Shapes, Templates, and Add-Ons
- EzPaycheck 2020 Payroll Software Is Flexible Enough to Accommodate Healthcare Establishments
"This state-of-the-art fire station will not only represent a community anchor for West Pullman residents, it will ensure Chicago's firefighters are better equipped to serve those who live and work in this neighborhood," said Alderman Carrie Austin. "I look forward to cutting this ribbon and making this vision for our community a reality."
"This modernly designed space will embody the 'spirit of service' of each man and woman who serves as a firefighter or first responder and provide them with the necessary facility to fulfill their mission to promote fire safety, provide emergency care and extinguish fires," said Carina E. Sanchez, Executive Director of the Public Building Commission.
Anticipated to be open by summer 2020, the new fire station will be built on vacant land located at 119th Street and Morgan Street, replacing the existing Engine Company 115 located at 11940 South Peoria Street.
Latest on illi News
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- Illinois-Wisconsin Health System Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Patient Prescription Costs
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels
- StingHD Announces Instagram Giveaway To Celebrate Move Of Headquarters To Boca Raton
- Mayor Lightfoot and CDPH Announce $56m Grant to Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership and Partners to Bolster Contact Tracing Efforts for Covid-19 Cases in Chicago
- New Outdoor Sunlight Readable Touch Screen
- Palm Beach Dentist Dr. Mitchell Josephs Honored with Alpert JFS Volunteer Award
- Mother of Four Brings Online UX Designer Training to Stay at Home Moms
- Booms and Beats in Kansas City's West Bottoms Brings Entertainment Back to First Friday Weekends
- Ironside Human Resources selected for 2020 Dallas Small Business Excellence Award Dallas
- Sage IT selected as one of the "30 Fastest Growing Tech Companies" by The Silicon Review
- Intuit and NACCE Welcome Eleven Colleges to Phase II of Financial Management for Entrepreneurs Curriculum Initiative
- DeskProto® releases CAM software for Apple® computers
- Automotive Lighting Market Worth $34.9 Billion in 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Autonomous, Inc Declares Support for Black Lives Matter
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2020 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 8th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces $11 Million Allocation in Grant Funding for Projects in INVEST South/West Community Areas
- Pack Power™ Enables swyMed Telehealth Backpack
- Naperville Police Arrest Subject for Home Invasion
- SBG Sports Software Appointed as FIA Exclusive Official Supplier of Race Control System in a Multi-Year Partnership