- 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Available Now in Burlington!
- The City Of Las Vegas Recognizes Delirious Comedy Club Day, Dec. 2, At Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino
- EntrePReneurISHing™ Blog is a hot entrepreneur podcast on Spotify this Thanksgiving Day, Listen!
"As the year comes to an end, The City of Chicago is ready to move forward, but not without acknowledging all the arduous work City employees have devoted to our communities and serving our City, with respect and care, regardless of the pandemic," said Mayor Lori Lightfoot. "This year, we are pleased to announce the return of the Kathy Osterman Award luncheon to honor City employees who have demonstrated their hard work and compassion during COVID-19. Together we can continue to be a part of a recovery for all Chicagoans and rebuild and improve Chicago."
More on illi News
- Balaji Jayaseelan, Vice President of Sustainability at Berlin Packaging, to speak at North America's Largest Cannabis Packaging Conference
- India's FSSAI Grants Novel Food Approval for NEM® brand eggshell membrane
- Grant Thornton enhances benefits to support evolving workforce needs
- Drake Software and National Association of Tax Professionals present second free roundtable discussion in preparation of the 2022 tax season
- Oral Antiseptics Market Size to Reach Revenues of USD 3.06 Billion by 2026 - Arizton
Kathy Osterman was considered a dynamic Aldermanic figure who was fully invested in communities across Chicago. She fiercely advocated for the passage of Chicago's Human Rights Ordinance in 1988. After two years as an Alderman, she retired and was subsequently appointed by Mayor Richard M. Daley as the Director of the Mayor's Office of Special Events. In that role, she administered an agency that brought millions of dollars into the local economy each year and had responsibility for the city's major music festivals, neighborhood festivals, and the Taste of Chicago, the second-largest tourist attraction in Illinois.
"As a community activist, Alderman and Director of Special Events, my mother Kathy was deeply committed to bringing people together to help and support her fellow Chicagoans," said Alderman Harry Osterman. "The last 19 months have seen incredible sacrifice, dedication, and perseverance by City employees supporting Chicagoans during these challenging times. It is an important time to reinstate the Kathy Osterman Superior Public Service Awards to recognize those local government employees that have provided distinguished service during this time in our city's history. My family and I are grateful and honored to join with Mayor Lightfoot in recognizing Chicago's outstanding public servants."
More on illi News
- "The Singing Chef" Andy LoRusso Serves Up Good Food & Fun Times Despite Challenges of Little-Known Neurological Disorder
- Groupon Appoints Kedar Deshpande as Chief Executive Officer
- E | N | L is Now Offering Multiple Acrylic Systems!
- Hub International To Provide Tenant Liability Captive To Residential Rental Real Estate Clients To Retain Insurance Premiums And Mitigate Risks
- Nola Blue Records signs The Love Light Orchestra
"Through her tireless work, passion and dedication, Kathy Osterman helped make Chicago a vibrant city for Chicagoans and visitors alike," said Greg Brown, chairman and CEO, Motorola Solutions. "These awards in her namesake are emblematic -- now more than ever -- of our city's unsung heroes who show up and serve our communities each and every day. It's an honor to support the One Chicago Fund and play a role in providing this well-deserved recognition."
An ebullient, optimistic, dynamic individual, Kathy Osterman died of cancer in 1992 but left a legacy of commitment to public service and human rights advocacy. The City's public service awards were renamed for her in honor of her legacy.
Latest on illi News
- NATP recommends taxpayers take certain actions before Dec. 31 to reduce tax liabilities and prepare for 2021 return
- Ignacio Ampuero joins HR tech startup, Pasito, as CTO
- Chicago: Statement from Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and Commissioner of CDPH Dr. Allison Arwady
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, City Officials Outline Comprehensive Plans For Winter Weather Operations
- StartupSystems.Net: How Technology is Helping Ease the Pain of Rising Inflation In the US
- Axiros Solution Enables Ogi to Manage Multiple Clients Devices and CPE in the Telco/ISP Market
- GE Healthcare Announces Three New Alliances to Improve Cancer Care
- Hightower to Make Strategic Investment in Clear Perspective Advisors
- Holiday Health Discounts Announced by myLAB Box
- Author, Mel Jackson Launches Inspirational Self Care Workbook Just In Time For The Holidays
- RRD Confirms Receipt of Revised Proposal from Chatham Asset Management
- Composites Market worth $126.3 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- CCC Intelligent Solutions Holdings Inc. Announces Redemption of Warrants
- Serena Laurel's 'GOLD' Director Allisyn Snyder Glitters Garnering Best Fashion Film at Premiere Ahead of Release
- Quicklly Introduces Laumière Gourmet's Premium Gifts Boxes for Holiday Gifting
- Lactalis Closes Acquisition of Kraft Heinz Natural Cheese Business in United States
- Julie Selof Joins Clearwater Capital Partners
- Sharing the Goodlife Foundation gives to YES DAY
- Food 2.0 Conference Unveils Its Dubai Schedule
- A Young Entrepreneur Gifts NYC Real Estate with a Tech-driven Real-estate Company