- DTF Tax-Free Income Inc. Announces Board Approval For Tender Offer And Proposal To Convert To A Term Fund - 179
- Best Accounting Software in India in 2020 - Latest Quadrant Ranking Released by 360Quadrants - 101
- Southern California Comprehensive Cancer Center Selects Medline
BCBSIL and healthcare software giant Epic are actively engaged with the Illinois provider community to deploy the Payer Platform, which will be a secure, interconnected system of health information between insurers and providers. Today, and looking into the future, this Payer Platform with Epic is designed to create a secure place to facilitate a more efficient exchange of health information in order to:
- Review patient data (medical information, including emergency room visits, diagnostic evaluations and lab results) which can be used for quality improvement and managing quality measures;
- Provide the foundation for streamlining administrative processes, such as prior authorizations, paying claims, and other points of service; and,
- Work to establish future care management strategies that will identify potential gaps in care, helping patients make smart health care choices that may help reduce personal health care costs.
BCBSIL is implementing the platform with existing Epic providers who have an expressed appetite for innovation and who are seeking pathways for improving care delivery in Illinois.
"Our Epic Payer Platform is a win-win for both BCBSIL and providers who seek to make a real difference in patient care and help lower the overall cost of care," said Krishna Ramachandran, Vice President of Provider Performance at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. "We're appreciative of the providers who are embracing this transformative opportunity for a more data-driven approach to caring for our members."
More on illi News
- The Autonomous Black Friday Blowout!
- Multiwall Bags Market worth $14.4 Billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Pin Insertion Machine Market worth $255 million by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- BASE10 and DNA Link Partners on Research to Support Authorization of Antibody Test at the Point of Care
Early Platform Adopters
One of the nation's largest networks of federally qualified health centers, Access Community Health Network (ACCESS) was an early Epic adopter and has leveraged its electronic health record (EHR) system to successfully manage and care for the needs of more than 175,000 patients each year.
"Having Epic's Payer Platform embedded into our EHR system will help us not only reduce unnecessary paperwork for our patients but, it will allow us to equip our care teams with real-time information at the point of care to expose care gaps and provide care alerts," said ACCESS CFO and CIO Mahomed Ouedraogo.
DuPage Medical Group (DMG) is the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in Illinois. As a physician-led, patient-centered organization, DMG is focused on delivering high-quality and accessible healthcare to its patients and communities.
"We continually seek innovations that help us modernize healthcare delivery, alleviate the administrative burden for our providers and reduce unnecessary delays in the healthcare process," said Steve Nelson, DMG CEO. "As we focus on offering innovative models of care, we continue to create strategic partnerships with organizations like BCBSIL that are at the forefront of technology and innovation. We're excited to be one of the first adopters of this transformative platform."
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is an integrated healthcare delivery system, and in 2003 was the first such system in the U.S. to successfully launch an EHR system, demonstrating positive results in quality, safety, efficiency, data analytics and service to patients.
More on illi News
- Geomembranes Market worth $3.2 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Buy Website Traffic That Converts
- First Trust Advisors L.P. Announces Distribution for First Trust Enhanced Short Maturity ETF
- City of Naperville Opens First Compressed Natural Gas Station
- Chaz Ebert Debuts Song "I Remember People," Performed Quarantine-Style by The Chicago Soul Spectacular
"We are excited to partner with BCBSIL and be a part of this unique payer platform experience that has the potential to enable us to greatly enhance the connectivity of our electronic medical record system while simultaneously developing more efficient processes for many of our patients," said Nikki Stackhouse, NorthShore Assistant Vice President, Revenue Cycle.
Named one of Healthgrades™ America's 250 best hospitals, Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is celebrating more than 60 years of exceptional care. The Arlington Heights campus is home to a 509-bed hospital with full-service retail pharmacy, behavioral health center and state-of-the-art NCH Wellness Center with spa.
"NCH is excited to partner with BCBSIL on this project. Having the ability to connect with the payer helps NCH better understand the health of our patients and their care needs. This program allows us to quickly and securely share information to support the following: scheduling preventative care, assisting in the management of chronic diseases, and supporting medication adherence," said Executive Vice President and COO of Northwest Community Healthcare, Michael Hartke.
The Payer Platform will begin launching later this year followed by continued expansion in 2021 with more providers and future capabilities to improve information exchange on behalf of those we serve in the Illinois community.
SOURCE Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot to Introduce Ordinance Expanding Regulatory Relief for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- Electri-Flex Teams with Community for 1,000 Thanksgiving Meal Donations
- Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service (BaaS) Market worth $5.9 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Camping World Holdings Announces Deal to Acquire Paul Sherry RV in the Greater Dayton, Ohio Market
- Terraboost Donates 1 Million Disinfecting Wipes to the Meals on Wheels Network to Keep Volunteers Safe During Holiday Season
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Breathable Films Market worth $3.9 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- DTF Tax-Free Income Inc. Announces Board Approval For Tender Offer And Proposal To Convert To A Term Fund
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Naperville Police Arrest Lockport Woman for Felony Theft of Puppy
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
- Ghostlight Ensemble Goes Online For Season Four
- Braeden Lichti: Digital Health Trends in 2020
- Naperville: City Council Ballot Lottery Scheduled