"The Biennial represents a special time for the city, when residents, visitors, cultural organizations, and businesses all come together to celebrate and explore our shared histories and envision new possibilities for the future," said Mayor Lightfoot. "Chicago is an ideal location to engage in the emotionally challenging conversations that architecture sparks and explore what our future could look like when we reflect and understand our past."
"Biennials offer a unique opportunity both to reflect on the state of the field and to commission new work that pushes on the boundaries of where we are and looks towards where we are going," noted Yesomi Umolu, Graham Foundation Artistic Director, Chicago Architecture Biennial. "Our goal with ...and other such stories was to find inspiration in the built environment of Chicago that would spur a conversation and exploration globally on how architecture reflects and influences our experiences, rights, memories, and aspirations. We are excited to present the projects the contributors created and continue this conversation with citizens of all ages in Chicago and visitors to the city."
More on illi News
- Astor Capital Fund in Talks to Carve Out $22M Tech Partnership Venture with Saudi Investors
- Astor Capital Fund to Expand Alternate Energy Division Globally
- Walk Up Coffee Shop necessary & sufficient Opens in Logan Square
- Ponos Industries LLC Extends Tender Offer for up to 14,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of AT&T Inc
- Ardor Learning Launches myEnglish Mobile App
The Chicago Architecture Biennial brings together more than 80 contributors from over 20 countries with works that reflect on architecture as it relates to social, political, and environmental issues worldwide, including issues around property and social housing, the division of natural resources, and systems of power and civil rights. In addition to the main venue at the Chicago Cultural Center, visitors can explore these stories at over 40 partner sites and 100 partner organizations across Chicago, including Overton Elementary School, the National Public Housing Museum, Jane Addams Hull-House Museum, and Garfield Park.
"Chicago truly comes together for the Biennial, and we are grateful both for the partnership of so many terrific organizations across the city, and for the generous support provided to the Biennial by corporations, foundations, and individuals. Each edition of the Biennial has evolved to bring the world to Chicago, and Chicago to the world, in a new and different light, and we are looking forward to seeing how the exhibition grows and expands through visitors to the Chicago Cultural Center, programs with partners, and educational initiatives throughout the city," said Jack Guthman, Chairman of the Chicago Architecture Biennial.
More on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Proposal to Streamline Police, Fire and OEMC Administrative Units Under City's New Office of Public Safety Administration
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens its 30th Center in Griffin, GA
- Shuj Roswell Lands Another Full Length Album, 'Setting Fire To The Stars'
- National Survey Debunks Celebrity Endorsements with Nearly 60% of Adults Claiming Medical Professionals are their Go-To Source for Weight Loss Info
- FantasyEsports.gg and Razer Announce Global Partnership to Deliver Innovative and Rewarding Fantasy Esports Platform
The Biennial is free and will be open to the public beginning on Thursday, September 19, and will be on view both in its main venue, the historic Chicago Cultural Center (78 E Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602), and in official offsite venues through January 5, 2020. For more information about The Chicago Architecture Biennial, visit https://chicagoarchitecturebiennial.org/.
Latest on illi News
- ManageAssist, Inc. Achieves Accreditation to issue the IACET CEU
- Watch Out! Calm Patch Tuesday Includes Sleeper Vulnerability
- The Wagner Agency Disrupts The Advertising Agency Model
- XLSX Support in GdPicture.NET and DocuVieware Document Imaging SDK
- PREMIERE:Modern Vices 'Not a Problem' off the upcoming album 'If Only' Video
- New Amazon Best Selling Author Bianca Modo Releases "Unscarred: Prayers For Healing"
- Making Wonders-Wonder Years Develops A Union Of Compassion And Health
- Bangers LP Selects Nightstick's TWM-Series Full Size and TCM-Series Compact Weapon Lights
- Hostfully and Rented.com partnership announcement
- MediTelecare Prepares Skilled Nursing Facilities for Next Phase of The Final Rule
- Mayor Lightfoot, The Chicago Park District and Chicago Fire Soccer Club Announce the Team's Return to Soldier Field
- MyBodyGallery.com Continues to Thrive After 10 Years
- Mayor Lightfoot, Chicago Public Schools, City Colleges of Chicago Announce First Round of Career Launch Chicago Partners
- Chat Sports to Broadcast Red River Celebrity Softball Game For 2nd Straight Year
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Recognition as One of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies
- Family Owned Luxury Leather Manufacturer Launches New Website
- Valogix LLC Exhibiting at Biz.One SAP User Conference
- Mérida, Capital of State of Yucatán Takes Top Spot at Condé Nast Traveler's 2019 Readers' Choice Award
- New Guide To "Making Good Shit Happen"
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Expands Frontline Leadership Team