"The Biennial represents a special time for the city, when residents, visitors, cultural organizations, and businesses all come together to celebrate and explore our shared histories and envision new possibilities for the future," said Mayor Lightfoot. "Chicago is an ideal location to engage in the emotionally challenging conversations that architecture sparks and explore what our future could look like when we reflect and understand our past."
"Biennials offer a unique opportunity both to reflect on the state of the field and to commission new work that pushes on the boundaries of where we are and looks towards where we are going," noted Yesomi Umolu, Graham Foundation Artistic Director, Chicago Architecture Biennial. "Our goal with ...and other such stories was to find inspiration in the built environment of Chicago that would spur a conversation and exploration globally on how architecture reflects and influences our experiences, rights, memories, and aspirations. We are excited to present the projects the contributors created and continue this conversation with citizens of all ages in Chicago and visitors to the city."
More on illi News
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- Mayor Lightfoot, CPS, and CPD Join Students from Across Chicago in a Citywide Call-to-Action to End Youth Involvement in Gun Violence
- Cboe Global Markets to Present at the Credit Suisse 2020 Financial Services Forum on Thursday, February 27
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
The Chicago Architecture Biennial brings together more than 80 contributors from over 20 countries with works that reflect on architecture as it relates to social, political, and environmental issues worldwide, including issues around property and social housing, the division of natural resources, and systems of power and civil rights. In addition to the main venue at the Chicago Cultural Center, visitors can explore these stories at over 40 partner sites and 100 partner organizations across Chicago, including Overton Elementary School, the National Public Housing Museum, Jane Addams Hull-House Museum, and Garfield Park.
"Chicago truly comes together for the Biennial, and we are grateful both for the partnership of so many terrific organizations across the city, and for the generous support provided to the Biennial by corporations, foundations, and individuals. Each edition of the Biennial has evolved to bring the world to Chicago, and Chicago to the world, in a new and different light, and we are looking forward to seeing how the exhibition grows and expands through visitors to the Chicago Cultural Center, programs with partners, and educational initiatives throughout the city," said Jack Guthman, Chairman of the Chicago Architecture Biennial.
More on illi News
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
- Inna Organic Receives Global Recognition as Premium Clean Beauty Brand
- Mayor Lightfoot Announces Bold, Ambitious Community-Centered Policy Agenda to Lift Chicagoans Out of Poverty and Economic Hardship at the STEP (Solutions Toward Ending Poverty) Summit
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- Neal Gerber Adds Veteran Intellectual Property Partner David A. Wheeler
The Biennial is free and will be open to the public beginning on Thursday, September 19, and will be on view both in its main venue, the historic Chicago Cultural Center (78 E Washington St, Chicago, IL 60602), and in official offsite venues through January 5, 2020. For more information about The Chicago Architecture Biennial, visit https://chicagoarchitecturebiennial.org/.
Latest on illi News
- Sterling Trading Tech Releases Custom Margin Rates and Enhanced VAR for Its Real-Time Risk Engine
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- AbbVie Inc. - Rule 2.10 Announcement - Relevant Securities in Issue
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful
- New Viruses Create Urgent Need for Fresh Flight product
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- Northern Trust Corporation to Speak at the Credit Suisse Financial Services Forum on February 27th
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release
- Westmount Realty Capital Hires Chicago Industrial Real Estate Expert, Christopher 'Kit' Sultz
- Naperville: Structure Fire in the 800 Block of Proud Clarion Court
- Symplast Welcomes Former AtlasKPI Executive Randy Torban as Head of New Practice Analysis Department
- Keno Kozie Experts to Speak at ILTA's O365 Symposium
- Global Sales Expert and Former Xerox Executive Joins CEO Coaching International
- First Connecticut Office Building Tokenized
- Fire Protection Materials Market Worth $4.0 Billion by 2024 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- AAAEA-IL Announces New Executive Board Members For 2020 Term
- Telliant Systems Expands Digital Software Technology Outreach with Sponsorship at The TAG Summit in Atlanta
- Datavalet And Alpine Growth Partners Launch Growth And Acquisition Strategy With New Ceo
- Customer Scout Automotive SEO Receives "Highest Rated" DrivingSales Award