- Ladybug Watercolor Painting in Chicago Gallery Holiday Art Show
- PMUniversity Now Offers Emerging Tech Training As An Authorized Training Partner With Certnexus
- Diane Gray-Smith Joins STS Capital Partners
Amy Rogers, BSN, RN and Senior Clinical Resource Manager for Medline Nutrition said: "Access to a food benefit can help members meet their nutritional needs, encourage healthier eating habits, and manage and prevent chronic diseases. For healthcare insurance providers, Medline's Food Benefit Solution adds healthy food options to Medicare Advantage plans; an attractive 'extra' in a competitive market."
Recent research has shown that 77% of Medicare beneficiaries value receiving healthy food, with members who have access to healthy food experiencing an 11.6% reduction in healthcare service use. Through Medline's Food Benefit Solution, members can select from three food categories: Produce Boxes (vegetable only, fruit only or a combination of both), Grocery Boxes (variety boxes with prepared meals, produce and/or healthy groceries) and Prepared Foods (five, seven, ten or fourteen-meal combination boxes).
The produce is locally and regionally-sourced while the grocery options are selected for their healthy ingredients. The prepared meals are medically-tailored with no additives or fillers. In addition, produce and prepared meals are delivered in insulated boxes to ensure appropriate temperature levels during transportation and delivery.
More on illi News
- Lawmato relaunches its virtual consultation app with enhanced features
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2023 book releases
- MiBOXER Is Exhibiting At Hong Kong International Autumn Lighting Fair
- Beck Properties Group, eXp Realty Expands Service in Southeast Indiana
- Stonely Unleashes Innovative Platform for Homeowners: Design and Order Kitchen Countertops Online with Ease!
Katie Lavelle, Director of Business Development for Health Plans at Medline said: "We are confident this new program will be a positive addition to our LiveWell OTC program so we can allow plan members to easily use their supplemental benefits on both OTC and food products." She added that the program is an attractive cost-effective benefit which supports health equity while enhancing the member experience by building loyalty and reducing overall care costs.
To learn more about the Food as Medicine movement and Medline's new Food Benefit Solution visit https://newsroom.medline.com/expert-views/food-.... On December 7th 2023 Medline will also host a webinar with registered dietitian nutritionist Lisa Roberson which will outline key challenges of the Food as Medicine movement as well as identify possible mitigation solutions - register for the webinar at https://medline.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2g4... .
Medline recently announced a new Food Benefit Solution designed to help address social determinants of health by providing access to locally sourced fresh produce, healthy groceries and prepared meals as an added supplemental benefit for health plan members enrolled in Medicare Advantage or Managed Medicaid Organizations.
More on illi News
- One Million Pages Read in the First Year !!
- Kingston NY-Based Ryan & Ryan Kicks Off its 65th Anniversary Dec. 6 by Underwriting a Chamber of Commerce Mixer Saluting RUPCO
- Tobu Railway's Hosts "Tokyo Downtown Tour: Bamboo Lighting."
- Successful Data Recovery: WeRecoverData Rescues Small Business in Chicago
- Best Freelance Copywriting Services
Amy Rogers BSN RN Senior Clinical Resource Manager for Medline Nutrition said: "Access to a food benefit can help members meet their nutritional needs, encourage healthier eating habits, and manage and prevent chronic diseases." Recent research has shown that 77% of Medicare beneficiaries value receiving healthy food with those having access experiencing an 11.6% reduction in healthcare service use - making it an attractive cost effective benefit which supports health equity while enhancing the member experience by building loyalty and reducing overall care costs according to Katie Lavelle Director of Business Development for Health Plans at Medline who added: "We are confident this new program will be a positive addition to our LiveWell OTC program so we can allow plan members to easily use their supplemental benefits on both OTC and food products."
The three categories offered through Medline's Food Benefit Solution include Produce Boxes (vegetable only fruit only or combination), Grocery Boxes (variety boxes with prepared meals produce &/or healthy groceries) & Prepared Foods (five seven ten or fourteen meal combination boxes). All produce is locally & regionally sourced while grocery options are selected for their healthy ingredients & prepared meals medically tailored with no additives or fillers - all delivered in insulated boxes ensuring appropriate temperature levels during transportation & delivery.
To learn more about the Food as Medicine movement & Medline's new Food Benefit Solution visit https://newsroom.medline.com/expert-views/food-...
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- RacquetX Announces Miami Open Experience as Excitement Builds for Landmark 2024 Event
- Hyatt Celebrates Groundbreaking of Inaugural Hyatt Studios Property in Mobile, Alabama
- Travis Bagent, Arm Wrestling Champion, Wins Custom Suit in Fun-Filled Match with BALANI CEO Sonny Balani
- Dominating Business Intelligence: Informer Tops the BI & Analytics Survey for the Fourth Time
- Echo Global Logistics Named a 2023 Best and Brightest Company to Work For in the Nation
- Fairway Private Equity & Venture Capital Opportunities Fund Announces Third Quarter Results
- Advcash adds instant Pix payments in Brazil
- New Partnership Between Generis And Risetime Provides Easy and Compliant Information Management for Cosmetics Industry
- Floris United Methodist Church announces first-ever mission trip for people with disabilities
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Omnify To Streamline User Experience Across Growing Operations
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- Cotinuum LLC Partners with Expedition Money LLC to Elevate Financial Wellness Offerings for Workers
- 8TH ANNUAL ELITE TRADES CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES TO AIR ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK IN DECEMBER
- Arcons Technology Announces Longview Asset Management's successful adoption of tradeEdge for Streamlined Trade Allocations
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- The Holiday Season is Going to Get Spooky This Weekend
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- UVCeed Wins Fast Company 2023 Next Big Things in Tech Award