- SIGGRAPH 2021 Announces First Wave of Featured Speakers for Virtual Conference
- Ismail Sirdah's Tips for Finding the Perfect concert Venue
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
On Saturday May 15, 2021, at approximately 5:39 p.m., officers with the Naperville Police Department responded to a call of shots fired in the 600 block of South Route 59. It is alleged that the victim, Elijah Reyna, and another individual were walking towards a local restaurant when they observed an individual, later identified as Portillo, watching them while he was seated on a patio just south of the Shogun Restaurant. It is alleged that as the pair approached Portillo, Portillo stood up, pointed a 9 mm gun at the pair and fired at least ten rounds, striking Reyna several times in his lower torso and hand. It is further alleged that Portillo then fled the scene. Following the shooting, Reyna was transported to a local hospital by friends for medical attention. An investigation into the shooting led authorities to Portillo who was taken into custody on May 25, 2021, without incident.
More on illi News
- Five Ways to Clean Gutters from the Ground
- Gutter Cleaning ... for Father's Day?
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- First Trust Launches First Trust Indxx Medical Devices ETF
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
"The allegations that Mr. Portillo opened fire on a Saturday afternoon in an extremely well-traveled and crowded shopping district are outrageous," Berlin said. "The type of brazen and violent behavior alleged in this case has an adverse effect on the safety and security enjoyed by the entire community and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I would like to thank the Naperville and Aurora Police Departments for their outstanding work in the identification and apprehension of the defendant in this case. I would also like to thank Assistant State's Attorneys Kristin Sullivan and Alyssa Rabulinski for their efforts on in bringing charges against Mr. Portillo."
"This dangerous crime involving a series of gunshots was rather unusual for the City of Naperville," Marshall said. "It was extremely fortunate no innocent bystanders were injured as a result of the criminal actions that day. Due to the tenacious and thorough work of our investigators, crime scene technicians and first responding patrol officers, we have been able to identify the alleged shooter and hold him accountable. I would like to recognize and thank the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office and the attorneys who worked this case in partnership with our department to assure justice is served."
More on illi News
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- LifeChangers.Info, an online directory connecting new clients and trusted independent professionals,
- BIÂN's Holistic and Fully Integrative Wellness Approach Transforms the Personal Health and Lifestyle Club Landscape
- Camping World Continues Expansion of RV Dealer Network in Ohio with Development Plans in the Greater Columbus and East Cleveland Areas
Portillo's next court appearance is scheduled for June 21, 2021, for arraignment in front of Judge Daniel Guerin.
Members of the public are reminded that this complaint contains only charges and is not proof of the defendant's guilt. A defendant is presumed innocent and is entitled to a fair trial in which it is the government's burden to prove his or her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Latest on illi News
- Ulta-Lit Has Saved Over One Billion Christmas Tree Light Bulbs from Landfills
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success
- "Spooky Houses" Collection Coming From Tales of Wonder and Dread
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – 5 p.m. June 21 Update
- First Trust Senior Floating Rate 2022 Target Term Fund Declares its Monthly Common Share Distribution of $0.0103 Per Share for July
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine Signs Progression Agreement with University of South Wales
- Veteran Journalist Cherie Grzech Joins NewsNation as Vice President of News, Managing Editor
- Panduit Responds to Ongoing Patent Infringement Lawsuit of Certain HD Flex Products
- MissTraders Entrepreneurship Awards Banquet
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – 10:30 a.m. June 21 Update
- Healthcare Quality Veteran Edward (Ted) Donnelly Joins National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) to Lead Delivery of Suite of Offerings to Healthcare Organizations
- New Adult Crypto Co. MEINU Teams Up with Webcam Superstars to Launch New Coin!
- Tim Lukas Trains for Olympic Bobsled Team
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- Cision PR Newswire and DFIN Announce Strategic Partnership to Provide SEC-Compliant Disclosure and Filing
- Cresco Labs Announces Opening of Sunnyside Philadelphia, Its Fourth Dispensary in Pennsylvania and 33rd Operating U.S. Store
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – 5:45 a.m. June 21 Update
- Instant® Unveils Massive Amazon Prime Day Deals Just in Time for Launch of Instant® Air Purifier
- Ismail Sirdah on What to Prioritize When Hosting an Event