Companies initiated an aggressive interior fire attack and extinguished fire contained to the basement within 20 minutes of arrival. Extra time was taken to extinguish smoldering materials during overhaul and remove smoke from the entire residence. Crews continued to perform salvage and overhaul operations for another 45 minutes after the main fire area was extinguished. No injuries to any firefighters operating at the scene were reported during this incident and the four occupants of the residence were uninjured. and out of the structure when first unit arrived on scene.
More on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, City Departments and Street Outreach Partners Announce New Efforts to Ensure Safe and Healthy Fourth of July Weekend
- Amazing Local Summer Bucket List Destinations
- Law Offices of Charles G. Eichinger & Associates, P.C. Open and Ready to Help
- Torres Law Joins Alliott Group, The World's Sixth-Largest Multidisciplinary Alliance Of Professional Services Firms
- NetZoom Adds More Devices to the Most Extensive Microsoft Visio Stencils Library for Shapes, Templates, and Add-Ons
The cause of the fire is still under investigation and the house was deemed uninhabitable, after consulting with an inspector from the Naperville Transportation, Engineering, & Development Department (T.E.D.). The Naperville Fire Department was assisted at the scene by the Naperville Police Department, and Naperville Electric Department. Fire station coverage was handled by on-duty crews from within the Naperville Fire Department, Bolingbrook, Downers Grove, Wheaton, and Westmont Fire Departments. Assistance was provided by the American Red Cross to provide temporary housing for the displaced family of four. There were 2 pets located in the house by firefighters, that had perished from the smoke.
Latest on illi News
- Braeden Lichti - What's the Outlook for Biopharma in 2020?
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE And DPD Announce Artist-In-Residence Opportunity for INVEST South/West Communities
- Northshore Development secures $47 Million loan to Refinance New Construction Multifamily Development located on Florida's Booming Space Coast
- Chicago Photographer Karen I. Hirsch Pivots During Covid-19 Crisis
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
- Actor and Singer Taye Diggs Joins Quaker Chewy® in Helping Families Bring the Camp Experience Home This Summer
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- ELEKS Will Host the First Edition of Insurance TechTalk Series
- TakeoTama.com: "We're not self claim, fake, warlords like Raz Simone, we can option war patronage."
- Package Deals Are Win-Win for GTM and Others
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Finalists For $5.4 Million In Neighborhood Opportunity Fund Grants
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- Illinois-Wisconsin Health System Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Patient Prescription Costs
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels
- StingHD Announces Instagram Giveaway To Celebrate Move Of Headquarters To Boca Raton
- Mayor Lightfoot and CDPH Announce $56m Grant to Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership and Partners to Bolster Contact Tracing Efforts for Covid-19 Cases in Chicago
- New Outdoor Sunlight Readable Touch Screen
- Palm Beach Dentist Dr. Mitchell Josephs Honored with Alpert JFS Volunteer Award
- Mother of Four Brings Online UX Designer Training to Stay at Home Moms
- Booms and Beats in Kansas City's West Bottoms Brings Entertainment Back to First Friday Weekends