The Naperville Police Department has been accredited since 1992, and its Communications Section has been accredited since 2001. This assessment will be the second time that the Naperville Police Department's law enforcement and communications programs will be reviewed concurrently by CALEA.
As part of the on-site assessment, agency employees and members of the community are invited to offer comments to the assessment team. The public may call (630) 305-5299 on the afternoon of Tuesday, December 3, 2019, between 1 and 3 p.m. Following the call-in session, at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, December 3, 2019, a Public Information Forum will be held in the Community Room located at the Police Department, 1350 Aurora Ave., Naperville, Illinois, to allow all interested persons to speak directly with the CALEA assessors.
More on illi News
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- 360Quadrants Releases Quadrant of Best Marketing Automation Software Vendors
- Chicago: Recovery Task Force Releases Advisory Report to Guide City's Planning Efforts to Recover from Covid-19
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
Telephone comments as well as appearances at the Public Information Forum are limited to ten (10) minutes and must address the agency's ability to comply with CALEA's standards. A copy of the standards is available for review at the Naperville Police Department. The local contacts are Interim Accreditation and Compliance Coordinator Officer Juan Rios at (630) 548-2989 and Communications Accreditation Manager Anita Kappra at (630) 305-5272.
Persons wishing to offer written comments about the Naperville Police Department's ability to meet the standards for accreditation may write to: Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc. (CALEA), 13575 Heathcote Boulevard, Suite 320, Gainesville, Virginia 20155. Comments may be submitted electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any individual with a disability requesting a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in a public meeting should contact the Communications Department at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting. The Communications Department can be reached in person at 400 S. Eagle Street, Naperville, Illinois, via telephone at (630) 420-6707 or (630) 305-5205 (TDD) or via e-mail at email@example.com. Every effort will be made to allow for meeting participation.
More on illi News
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Police Arrest Naperville Man for Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
The assessment process will be conducted by retired Chief of Police Scott Cunningham, past chief of three North Carolina police departments, most recently of the Kernersville, NC Police Department; Tamera Bulla the Director of Research and Planning for the Howard County Police Department in Maryland; and retired Chief of Police Robin Geis of the City of Dublin, OH. The assessors will review written materials, interview individuals and conduct a facility inspection for evidence of compliance. Once the assessors complete their review of the agency, they will report back to the Commission, which will then decide if the police department will be granted accreditation status. Accreditation is for four years, during which time the police department will submit annual reports documenting continued compliance with standards.
For more information regarding the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc., write the Commission at the above address, visit their website at www.calea.org or call (703) 352-4225.
Latest on illi News
- Altitude Outdoor Adventure Partners with TRYTN
- Lake Geneva Cruise Lines Comes Aboard with TRYTN
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- "Blades Direct Reviews" Announces SHOXX and Samedia Products: BX13, Master MST, GX20 and BFM an
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Twista's GMG Artist B-Hype Drops Video For It's My Life
- Janet Hayes named new CEO of Crate and Barrel Holdings, Inc.
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Spin: Crowdfunding for the Greater Good
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- New event series pays tribute to black children killed by violence in Chicago