The Will County States Attorney's Office charged the juvenile this morning with Disorderly Conduct, a Class 4 Felony.
"Our department will actively investigate and pursue charges against anyone who makes a threat to the safety of our school communities," said Deputy Police Chief Jason Arres. "Threats of school violence are unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I cannot stress enough the need for parents to talk to their children about the seriousness and potential consequences of such statements because we will continue to take them seriously and take necessary action to ensure the safety of our schools."
More on illi News
- The House Used by General George Washington at Valley Forge Still Stands Today
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
- Naperville Firefighters Extinguish Hotel Fire on 1600 Block of W. Diehl Road
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, City Departments and Street Outreach Partners Announce New Efforts to Ensure Safe and Healthy Fourth of July Weekend
- Amazing Local Summer Bucket List Destinations
The suspect is being processed through the juvenile court system. Therefore, no additional information about the subject or the case can be released by the Naperville Police Department. Similarly, no additional details will be provided pertaining to the threats made.
The Naperville Police Department encourages anyone with any information about any threat to an individual or school community to contact police immediately by dialing 9-1-1.
The Naperville Police wish to remind the public and the news media that a charge is merely an accusation, and a defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty.
Latest on illi News
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Its Client Jamie Donnelly on CFO of the Year Award
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- CMC Group Inc. Announces Senior Leadership Transition
- Braeden Lichti - What's the Outlook for Biopharma in 2020?
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, DCASE And DPD Announce Artist-In-Residence Opportunity for INVEST South/West Communities
- Northshore Development secures $47 Million loan to Refinance New Construction Multifamily Development located on Florida's Booming Space Coast
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
- Chicago Photographer Karen I. Hirsch Pivots During Covid-19 Crisis
- Actor and Singer Taye Diggs Joins Quaker Chewy® in Helping Families Bring the Camp Experience Home This Summer
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- ELEKS Will Host the First Edition of Insurance TechTalk Series
- TakeoTama.com: "We're not self claim, fake, warlords like Raz Simone, we can option war patronage."
- Package Deals Are Win-Win for GTM and Others
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Finalists For $5.4 Million In Neighborhood Opportunity Fund Grants
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- Illinois-Wisconsin Health System Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Patient Prescription Costs
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels
- StingHD Announces Instagram Giveaway To Celebrate Move Of Headquarters To Boca Raton
- Mayor Lightfoot and CDPH Announce $56m Grant to Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership and Partners to Bolster Contact Tracing Efforts for Covid-19 Cases in Chicago
- New Outdoor Sunlight Readable Touch Screen