The Will County States Attorney's Office charged the juvenile this morning with Disorderly Conduct, a Class 4 Felony.
"Our department will actively investigate and pursue charges against anyone who makes a threat to the safety of our school communities," said Deputy Police Chief Jason Arres. "Threats of school violence are unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I cannot stress enough the need for parents to talk to their children about the seriousness and potential consequences of such statements because we will continue to take them seriously and take necessary action to ensure the safety of our schools."
More on illi News
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant
- Gatski Commercial Names David Bauman managing director of property management
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Named Top Workplace for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- Top Driver Delivers Thousands of Memorial Wreaths
The suspect is being processed through the juvenile court system. Therefore, no additional information about the subject or the case can be released by the Naperville Police Department. Similarly, no additional details will be provided pertaining to the threats made.
The Naperville Police Department encourages anyone with any information about any threat to an individual or school community to contact police immediately by dialing 9-1-1.
The Naperville Police wish to remind the public and the news media that a charge is merely an accusation, and a defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty.
Latest on illi News
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Syngas & Derivatives Market Worth 501,932 MWth by 2024 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Plans to Invest $500k To Boost Participation in the 2020 U.S. Census
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Regent Surgical Health Announces Partnership in Tennessee
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- SOS International Meditation Center in Lisle Featured on Cover of "Metal Architecture"
- Chicago: Statement from Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and Interim Superintendent Charlie Beck
- GBC aba announces the opening of the only alternative preschool for children with autism in Peoria
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- Chief Marketer Names August Jackson to the 2020 List of Top 200 Brand Engagement and Experience Agencies in the U.S.