- Total Care Auto Body: A Los Angeles Body Shop Focused on Excellence is Ready to Serve Angelenos
- Expat Tax Tools Introduces Hassle-Free IRS Form 8621 Preparation Service for Taxpayers
- CAP Updates Validation of Immunohistochemical Assays Testing Guideline for Precise Results, Improved Patient Care
BUFFALO GROVE, Ill., Jan. 6, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Workers at the Sunnyside Dispensary in Buffalo Grove, Ill., have unanimously voted to join Teamsters Local 777.
"This is the third location at this company to join the Teamsters since September," said Jim Glimco, Local 777 President. "These are the frontline soldiers in the battle to create middle-class careers in the cannabis industry, and we are honored that they decided to become part of our family."
"This isn't just about one company or one location – this is about the entire industry," said Peter Finn, Teamsters Food Processing Division Director. "We will bring the power and solidarity of 1.2 million Teamsters across the country to the bargaining table for these workers. These brave men and women will have a contract that reflects how important they are to this company."
More on illi News
- Final Video Game: A Middle to Upper Middle Grade Gaming Sci-Fi Novel
- ZTOPZ ClAN a 'World of Warships Clan' Announces: Collaborative Website Launch, January 26, 2024
- Chamlion and 3DRPD Forge Collaboration for Dental 3D Production Center
- Bent Danholm Teams Up With Cash Investors to Simplify Real Estate Investments in Central Florida
- Heritage Planning Partners Welcomes Northwestern Mutual Private Wealth Advisor Brian Stanley
"I've spent four years in this industry, and during that time, I've watched some of the best people I've worked with get mistreated in a variety of ways," said Drake Austin, a Wellness Advisor at the Buffalo Grove Dispensary. "I've even seen compassionate people get written up because they wouldn't come to work while they were sick. This is why we need a union. Workers at this dispensary and throughout the industry deserve to be protected, so we can provide the best possible care for our patients."
Founded in 1937, Teamsters Local 777 represents workers in a wide variety of industries throughout the Chicago area. For more information, go to teamsters777.org/.
Matt McQuaid, (202) 624-6877
SOURCE Teamsters Local 777
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- A Sip of Inspiration Podcast - Words to Inspire with Paul A Blake
- Transline Technology Showcases Expertise in RF/MW/mmWave PCBs at Satellite 2024 Conference
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
- Omar L. Harris: Leading the Charge for a New Era of J.E.D.I Leadership, Inducted into Kirkus Reviews Indie Books of the Month and More
- Luis Toledo, Founder & CEO Mid-West Moving & Storage, receives Orin C. Hutchcraft Award from IMAWA
- Aaron Confer Joins OneSix to Lead Growth
- With a 2-Year Revenue Growth of 1535%, Ironside HR is No. 8 on Inc. Regionals 2024 Southwest List
- Location3 Honored with 2024 Inc. Regionals Award
- Exciting News: "Long Live the Baron" Soars into Top 200 on Amazon Bookstore
- Trilogy Real Estate Group Hires John Scarcella as National Accounts Manager
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
- Governor JB Pritzker Announces Historic $500 Million Investment Aligning with the CHIPS and Science Act
- Coming Soon: A New Way to Connect with Naperville's Elected Officials
- Vantiva Demonstrates One of the First Carrier-Grade Wi-Fi 7 Extenders and Advanced 5G FWA CPE at Mobile World Congress 2024
- Metro Commercial Brokers Deal Brings Puttshack to The Shops at Liberty Place
- Benchmark International Faciltd The Trans Robertson Lowstuter & The Center For Sales Strategy
- "LIBERTYLAND" Echoes January 6 in a Gripping Tale of Terror and the Quest for American Ideals
- Sure Coded: A New AI Consulting and Digital Transformation Agency Launches in Chicago-Area
- CCHR and Electroshock Survivors Reject Psychiatric Apology for Tortured Children
- Meredith Thomas Selected as Master of Ceremonies for International Women's Day Gala for 2024