- Illinois Man spends over a million dollars creating a prank phone call website and app
- New blog shares helpful information and inspiration about Charcuterie Boards
- Former BIS Special Agent Donald Pearce Joins Torres Trade Advisory
"We are elated that these workers at the Romeoville location have joined their brothers and sisters from Verilife of River North and Arlington Heights in becoming members of our Teamster family," said Jim Glimco, President of Local 777. "Workers who are the backbone of these companies are rising up and the momentum we have speaks for itself. Let it be known that no matter where you are in Illinois, the cannabis industry is a union industry."
Verilife has opened eight dispensaries since Illinois implemented legalization, making it one of the fastest-growing cannabis companies in the state. Cannabis Sales Consultant Chris Smith and Dispensary Inventory Specialist Stephanie Moore were both part of the organizing drive at Verilife Romeoville.
More on illi News
- SafuCoin (SAFUCOIN) announces it will provide a critical missing part of the infrastructure for the crypto economy – a 'trust layer'
- New hire power hitters bring additional strategic depth to help USAM's clients
- Vaccines Market worth $149.2 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- IAA Secures Ground for New UK Branch in Bristol
- FTX US Closes $400M Series A Round
"I supported forming a union with the Teamsters because of the difference it will make in the cannabis industry for ALL workers," Smith said.
"By forming a union with the Teamsters, we're writing history in this industry," Moore said. "This is a great opportunity to set ourselves and future generations up for amazing success!"
Founded in 1937, Teamsters Local 777 represents workers in a wide variety of industries throughout the Chicago area. For more information, go to https://www.teamsters777.org/.
Matt McQuaid, (202) 624-6877
SOURCE Teamsters Local 777
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, Cook County Board President Preckwinkle and Governor Pritzker Partner to Host 'Readiness Summit' For Cook County Nonprofits, Community Organizations, and Small Businesses
- 11Sight Welcomes Jason Carver as Vice President of Product Management
- From the Midwest to the Southeast: Europe's #1 Coffeehouse Tchibo Announces Expansion Across America
- BigTime Software Named One of the Top 100 Small Businesses in 2020/2021 by Best of Small Business Awards
- Author, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, And Public Speaker, Mel Jackson To Appear As Keynote Speaker
- TRU Staffing Partners Privacy Expert Earns IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager Credential
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- Beacon Healthcare Systems Improves Medicare Application Processing Time by 92%
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Opportunities Worth ~USD 26 Bn Opening Up in E-Mobility Industry - Exclusive Research Study Published by MarketsandMarkets™
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- American employees seek the flexibility to deal with personal issues when needed
- Composite Resin Market worth $27.4 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- The BGL Healthcare & Life Sciences Insider -- Cardiology Investment Poised to Accelerate
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
- First Trust Announces Adjournment of Special Shareholder Meeting for First Trust Horizon Managed Volatility Domestic ETF and First Trust Horizon Managed Volatility Developed International ETF
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- ROTI PAYS PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD THEIR NEW APP…SERIOUSLY!
- Consolidated Communications Helps Parents Keep Kids Safe During Data Privacy Week