- DTF Tax-Free Income Inc. Announces Board Approval For Tender Offer And Proposal To Convert To A Term Fund - 179
- Best Accounting Software in India in 2020 - Latest Quadrant Ranking Released by 360Quadrants - 101
- Southern California Comprehensive Cancer Center Selects Medline
"The data is clear - we are now in a second surge of COVID-19 and I am extremely concerned," said Mayor Lightfoot. "Now is the time to double down on what we know works and come together as a city to flatten the curve once again. Everyone must do their part to keep themselves and others safe and help us overcome this deadly disease."
Over the last two weeks in particular, Chicago has seen an alarming increase across COVID-19 health metrics. While this increase has coincided with an increase in testing, with close to 11,000 tests now completed each day, the test positivity rate has also increased more than a percentage point to 5.2%. This indicates that the increase in testing does not fully explain the rise in cases. Furthermore, hospitalizations, a measure of severe outcomes which often lags behind an increase in cases, are up to 313 per day citywide. Deaths, too, usually lag an increase in cases and hospitalizations, so City officials are expressing great concern over the possibility of a further increase. Over 3,000 Chicagoans have died from COVID-19.
More on illi News
- The Autonomous Black Friday Blowout!
- Multiwall Bags Market worth $14.4 Billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Pin Insertion Machine Market worth $255 million by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Latest Helpful Tools for Event Promoters and Marketers by Ismail Sirdah
- BASE10 and DNA Link Partners on Research to Support Authorization of Antibody Test at the Point of Care
"I'm deeply concerned about these trends and worried that we've got some COVID fatigue setting in where people are not following the public health guidance as they
should. This virus doesn't care who you are, it's just looking to spread, and if we give it the opportunity to do so it will," said Dr. Arwady. "Most troubling is the fact that
COVID-19 continues to have a disproportionate impact on Black and Latinx individuals, and those with under-lying medical conditions. But we're seeing a rise
in cases across the city and across all races and ethnicities, so we all need to rededicate ourselves to combatting this epidemic."
Mayor Lightfoot and Dr. Arwady are calling on all residents to recognize the seriousness of this second wave of COVID-19 and take the necessary personal steps
to stem the tide. Specifically, all residents need to wear masks or face coverings anytime they are in a public space or unable to maintain six feet of social distancing.
Furthermore, residents should avoid social gatherings, even small get-togethers. The more individuals that are a part of your "bubble", the greater the risk of COVID-
19 transmission. In a gathering of ten people, there's a 14% chance one person in that group has COVID-19.That means one out of every seven gatherings of ten
people has COVID-19 present. This likelihood of someone having COVID-19 increases as gathering sizes grow - there is a 50% chance that someone in a
gathering of 50 people has COVID-19. The majority of COVID-19 cases in Chicago are spread between people that know each other, so the best way to stem the tide is to
More on illi News
- Geomembranes Market worth $3.2 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Buy Website Traffic That Converts
- First Trust Advisors L.P. Announces Distribution for First Trust Enhanced Short Maturity ETF
- City of Naperville Opens First Compressed Natural Gas Station
- Chaz Ebert Debuts Song "I Remember People," Performed Quarantine-Style by The Chicago Soul Spectacular
avoid social gatherings and keep your bubble small.
To further fight the spread of COVID-19 and save lives, the City is prepared to take drastic but necessary steps in the coming days. This may include a rollback of COVID-19 reopening regulations for businesses, including potentially restricting capacity and limiting total gathering size and/or returning to Phase Three of the reopening framework.
"Chicago is at a critical moment in the ongoing fight against COVID-19," said Dr. Nancy Glick of Sinai Health System's Infectious Disease Division. "We have learned a
great deal about this virus since the first surge, including what works to stop the spread. It is more important than ever to commit to those strategies - wearing a
mask, limiting social gatherings and ultimately saving lives."
The significant increase of COVID-19 in Chicago corresponds with a second wave of the virus throughout the entire Chicagoland region, across Illinois, in other
Midwestern states and throughout the country. As a reminder, the City's Emergency Travel Order currently covers 26 states and territories, including Wisconsin and Indiana. Chicagoans are urged not to travel to these states and territories, and if they do they are required to quarantine for 14 days upon their return, unless they are an essential worker traveling for business. For Wisconsin and Indiana, the Order applies to individuals coming from Wisconsin or Indiana to Chicago for non-work purposes and Chicago residents returning from Wisconsin or Indiana, unless they are deemed an essential worker. To learn more, visit chicago.gov/coronavirus
Latest on illi News
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot to Introduce Ordinance Expanding Regulatory Relief for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19
- Electri-Flex Teams with Community for 1,000 Thanksgiving Meal Donations
- Cloud Mobile Backend as a Service (BaaS) Market worth $5.9 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Zippy Shell and Subsidiary 1-800-PACK-RAT Secure Financing from The Carlyle Group & PNC Bank
- Elf Prep Academy Trains Elf Recruits to Help Santa Spread Holiday Cheer Just in Time for Christmas
- Syxsense Announces New Support for Amazon Web Service (AWS) Linux Devices
- Florida Family & Faith International Film Festival Powered by AARP Florida Celebrates Caregivers and Families This Thanksgiving Season
- edjuster Selects CoreLogic to Deliver Modern Contents Estimating Solution to Claims Process
- Camping World Holdings Announces Deal to Acquire Paul Sherry RV in the Greater Dayton, Ohio Market
- Terraboost Donates 1 Million Disinfecting Wipes to the Meals on Wheels Network to Keep Volunteers Safe During Holiday Season
- Medicom Health Wins 2020 Tekne Award for Rx Savings Assistant®
- Introducing BIAMI.IO Intelligent Automation as a Service Labs
- Breathable Films Market worth $3.9 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- DTF Tax-Free Income Inc. Announces Board Approval For Tender Offer And Proposal To Convert To A Term Fund
- How to sell paparazzi jewelry and use the paparazzi jewelry images you have on your website
- Naperville Police Arrest Lockport Woman for Felony Theft of Puppy
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
- Ghostlight Ensemble Goes Online For Season Four
- Braeden Lichti: Digital Health Trends in 2020
- Naperville: City Council Ballot Lottery Scheduled