- SIGGRAPH 2021 Announces First Wave of Featured Speakers for Virtual Conference
- Ismail Sirdah's Tips for Finding the Perfect concert Venue
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
The grants from Citadel and Citadel Securities, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Gates Philanthropy Partners have been directed to the global health nonprofit PATH. They will be used to support near-term, critical needs while also building infrastructure that will be beneficial far beyond the current pandemic.
"Our hearts go out to the people of India as they battle this devastating surge in COVID-19," said Ken Griffin, Founder and CEO of Citadel. "We are proud to continue accelerating impactful solutions to address urgent needs during the pandemic."
"Lack of access to medical oxygen is one of the defining health challenges of our age," said Chris Elias, President of Global Development at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. "As we are now seeing in India, the consequences can be dire, which is why we must come together with others to help address this important issue both during the current crisis and beyond."
More on illi News
- Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc. Demonstrates Industry Leading Nurse Call Solutions at HIMSS21 Conference in Las Vegas
- The Most Dangerous Gutter Cleaning Mistakes
- Five Ways to Clean Gutters from the Ground
- Gutter Cleaning ... for Father's Day?
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
Citadel and the Gates Foundation have partnered with PATH, an organization that works with governments, businesses and other organizations to solve the world's most pressing health challenges. PATH is currently coordinating with multiple state governments in India to address the oxygen shortage, while also providing the technical expertise required to set up oxygen-generating plants at healthcare facilities.
"PATH is responding to the urgent COVID-19 crisis in India and globally, including monitoring medical oxygen demand, increasing access to vaccines and strengthening disease surveillance," said Nikolaj Gilbert, President and CEO of PATH. "Our impact hinges on the generosity of our partners. We are grateful for the support Citadel and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation have shown so that we can continue our lifesaving work where it is needed most."
Citadel is one of the world's leading alternative investment managers. Citadel manages the capital of prominent investors from around the world, including retirement programs, endowments and foundations, and sovereign wealth funds. For more information, visit www.Citadel.com.
More on illi News
- First Trust Launches First Trust Indxx Medical Devices ETF
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- LifeChangers.Info, an online directory connecting new clients and trusted independent professionals,
About Citadel Securities
Citadel Securities is a leading global market maker, delivering a broad array of fixed income and equity products to banks, broker-dealers, government agencies, corporations, insurers, and sovereign wealth funds. For more information, visit www.CitadelSecurities.com.
SOURCE Citadel; Citadel Securities
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Ulta-Lit Has Saved Over One Billion Christmas Tree Light Bulbs from Landfills
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success
- "Spooky Houses" Collection Coming From Tales of Wonder and Dread
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – 5 p.m. June 21 Update
- First Trust Senior Floating Rate 2022 Target Term Fund Declares its Monthly Common Share Distribution of $0.0103 Per Share for July
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine Signs Progression Agreement with University of South Wales
- Veteran Journalist Cherie Grzech Joins NewsNation as Vice President of News, Managing Editor
- Panduit Responds to Ongoing Patent Infringement Lawsuit of Certain HD Flex Products
- MissTraders Entrepreneurship Awards Banquet
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – 10:30 a.m. June 21 Update
- Healthcare Quality Veteran Edward (Ted) Donnelly Joins National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) to Lead Delivery of Suite of Offerings to Healthcare Organizations
- New Adult Crypto Co. MEINU Teams Up with Webcam Superstars to Launch New Coin!
- Tim Lukas Trains for Olympic Bobsled Team
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- 8th Annual American Reality Television Awards – Presenters & Appearances
- Cision PR Newswire and DFIN Announce Strategic Partnership to Provide SEC-Compliant Disclosure and Filing
- Cresco Labs Announces Opening of Sunnyside Philadelphia, Its Fourth Dispensary in Pennsylvania and 33rd Operating U.S. Store
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – 5:45 a.m. June 21 Update