Internationally well-known hypertension specialist, Dr. Flack is an internist, who has extensive experience treating resistant/refractory hypertension as well as hypertension in minority populations. He pursued his profession because he has always been intrigued by the cardiovascular system, having thirty-three years of experience in his field. He has worked at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine since 2015, as the Director of the Hypertension Section and Department Chair. He teaches, leads a growing department of medicine, actively provides care to complex hypertension patients, and leads hypertension clinical research. Prior to this, he served as a faculty member at Wayne State University School of Medicine, University of Oklahoma School of Medicine, and University of Minnesota Schools of Medicine and Public Health.
More on illi News
- Mayor Lightfoot, CPS, and CPD Join Students from Across Chicago in a Citywide Call-to-Action to End Youth Involvement in Gun Violence
- Cboe Global Markets to Present at the Credit Suisse 2020 Financial Services Forum on Thursday, February 27
- Google Will Index Sites Linked With No-Follow
- Lab Properties' New Sale-Leaseback Program Provides Cannabis Operators with Working Capital
- Inna Organic Receives Global Recognition as Premium Clean Beauty Brand
Before entering the medical field, Dr. Flack was first a student at Langston University where he played baseball and football and received a Bachelor of Science in chemistry with a minor in math in 1978. He then enrolled at University of Oklahoma School of Medicine earning the M.D. degree in 1982. He did a residency in Internal medicine and served as chief medical resident at the University of Oklahoma. He subsequently earned the MPH degree in Epidemiology from the University of Minnesota School of Public Health in 1990.
An active member of the medical community, Dr. Flack currently serves as president of the American Hypertension Specialist Certification Program, is an active member of the American Heart Association, Frontiers International Springfield IL Chapter, and the American College of Physicians Board of Regents. Previously, he was the president of the International Society on Hypertension in Blacks and a member of several organizations, including the AHA Scientific Statement Writing Group on Resistant Hypertension.
In light of a lifetime of accomplishments, Dr. Flack has been the recipient of countless grants, mostly focused on hypertension treatment and epidemiology. His most recent awards include the Medical Innovator Award from the Sangamon County (IL) Medical Society in 2016, Detroit Super Doctors in 2014, and Academic Physician of the Year by the University of Oklahoma School of Medicine in 2012.
More on illi News
- Mayor Lightfoot Announces Bold, Ambitious Community-Centered Policy Agenda to Lift Chicagoans Out of Poverty and Economic Hardship at the STEP (Solutions Toward Ending Poverty) Summit
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- Neal Gerber Adds Veteran Intellectual Property Partner David A. Wheeler
- New Agent Opens Up National Van Lines Northern California Market
- Jeron's Clinical Education Specialist and Enterprise Solutions at HIMSS20
Looking towards the future, Dr. Flack plans to reinvigorate his research program at Southern Illinois University, break eighty in golf, and continue providing inspiring, visionary leadership to his students.
In his spare time, Dr. Flack enjoys breading fancy guppies, playing golf, being an audiophile, and watching Oklahoma Sooners football games.
Dr. Flack dedicates this recognition to Dr. Laura Rankin for being a phenomenal role model, Dr. Patrick McKee for reminding him additional training was necessary to successfully undertake research, Dr. Richard Grimm Jr. for being his most influential research mentor and Dr. John O'Connell, his administrative mentor who taught him how to be a department chair.
Contact: Katherine Green , 516-825-5634 email@example.com
SOURCE Continental Who's Who
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- AbbVie Inc. - Rule 2.10 Announcement - Relevant Securities in Issue
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful
- New Viruses Create Urgent Need for Fresh Flight product
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- Northern Trust Corporation to Speak at the Credit Suisse Financial Services Forum on February 27th
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release
- Westmount Realty Capital Hires Chicago Industrial Real Estate Expert, Christopher 'Kit' Sultz
- Naperville: Structure Fire in the 800 Block of Proud Clarion Court
- Symplast Welcomes Former AtlasKPI Executive Randy Torban as Head of New Practice Analysis Department
- Keno Kozie Experts to Speak at ILTA's O365 Symposium
- Global Sales Expert and Former Xerox Executive Joins CEO Coaching International
- First Connecticut Office Building Tokenized
- Fire Protection Materials Market Worth $4.0 Billion by 2024 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- AAAEA-IL Announces New Executive Board Members For 2020 Term
- Telliant Systems Expands Digital Software Technology Outreach with Sponsorship at The TAG Summit in Atlanta
- Datavalet And Alpine Growth Partners Launch Growth And Acquisition Strategy With New Ceo
- Customer Scout Automotive SEO Receives "Highest Rated" DrivingSales Award
- Rock Guitarist Shares 3 Secrets To Playing Great Guitar Solos
- Insurance Labor Study Uncovers Difficult yet Optimistic Recruitment Environment