"Every year, more tech companies are opening offices in Chicago, creating new jobs for our city's unmatched workforce and furthering our status as a leading hub for 21st-century innovation," said Mayor Lightfoot. "As a City, we are working to ensure residents in every community have the tools, resources and skills they need to be a part of Chicago's rapidly-growing tech industry."
For the past three years, World Business Chicago's initiative, ChicagoNEXT, has hosted Chicago Tech Day to celebrate the unprecedented growth in the City's technology and innovation sector and providing a platform for local companies to come together, network and collaborate.
"Chicago's tech and innovation community is thriving," said Andrea Zopp, President & CEO of World Business Chicago. "In fact, earlier this month, 1871 Chicago was recognized at the World Incubation Summit as the World #1 Private Business Incubator. It is because of game-changing organizations like 1871 that Chicago is a leader in bold, innovative ideas and entrepreneurship. Today we are proud to celebrate the growth of our local tech companies."
Chicago Tech Day 2019 will be held at the global headquarters of Relativity, whose market-leading data platform helps legal professionals around the world organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Relativity's Chicago office is home to more than 1,000 employees.
More on illi News
- R.J. O'Brien Wins 2019 FOW International Award for Non-Bank FCM of the Year, Taking Category for Fourth Consecutive Year
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- The Lashe® Announces New Professional Pricing for Lash Aftercare Products
- CDI Global raises capital for Australian Pharmacy Software Giant
"It's a privilege to partner with Mayor Lightfoot and World Business Chicago to host Chicago Tech Day at Relativity," said Mike Gamson, CEO at Relativity. "As a tech company founded and headquartered here in Chicago, we're proud to play a role in growing the local tech ecosystem and are looking forward to further building out opportunities for the incredible talent in our community."
Chicago's tech industry is the City's fastest-growing industry sector with over 4,000 digital companies – a more than 270% growth in just ten years. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, tech jobs have grown 38.6 percent since 2010, employing more than 143,000 people.
The tech companies participating in Chicago Tech Day 2019 include:
- Cameo – a platform where fans can book personalized video shout-outs from their favorite celebrities, athletes, or influencers; 80 jobs Evanston Technology Partners – a provider of cybersecurity support services; 130 jobs Fyllo – the world's first cannabis MarTech platform that powers compliance at scale; 210 jobs HealthJoy – a benefits experience platform helping employees make smarter healthcare decisions with personalized guidance and AI technology; 125 jobs Kalderos – is building a data and financial exchange infrastructure to make drug discount programs work for all parties; 127 jobs Kenna Security – an enterprise leader in risk-based vulnerability management by enabling enterprises to work cross-functionally to remediate the vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk; 65 jobs KIN Insurance – is an insurtech startup and licensed Florida insurance carrier that is fixing home insurance through intuitive tech, affordable pricing, and world-class customer service; 100 jobs LogicGate –a leading GRC process automation platform enabling organizations to operationalize their governance, risk, and compliance programs for enhanced clarity, control, and accountability; 170 jobs Metro Edge Technologies – a certified minority business enterprise, operating a micro-data center, high-performance computer and cloud storage solutions company located in economically challenged urban communities, providing social & economic impact via a data center curriculum training program creating IT career paths; 55 jobs PartySlate – a website that inspires people planning events and connects them with the leading event professionals and venues across the country and the world; 70 jobs Relativity – a global legal technology company headquartered in Chicago whose market-leading data platform helps legal professionals around the world organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The company now includes more than 1,000 team members alongside a passionate global user community of more than 180,000; 400 jobs TripActions – the modern business travel platform that combines AI-driven personalization with unrivaled inventory and 24x7 human support to delight employees, finance leaders, HR professionals, and travel managers alike—all while empowering organizations to seize travel as a strategic lever for culture and growth; 120 jobs Snapsheet – delivers the best claims management technology; 200 jobs Spothero – the digital parking leader and the largest place to buy and sell parking in North America, helping millions of drivers find, book and access off-street parking in 7,000 locations across 300 cities; 155 jobs Village MD – a national healthcare provider and provider services platform that equips primary care physicians with the clinical, operational and financial resources required to succeed in value-based care contracts, while allowing them to preserve clinical autonomy; 95 jobs
More on illi News
- Mayor Lightfoot Announces Gia Biagi to Serve as Commissioner for the Chicago Department of Transportation
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
Launched in 2012 and governed by a council of tech and innovation leaders, ChicagoNEXT is World Business Chicago's dedicated initiative to drive inclusive growth and opportunity for Chicago's technology economy and innovation ecosystem. Their portfolio of programs includes ThinkChicago, the Chicago Venture Summit and the Blackstone Inclusive Entrepreneurship Challenge.
Latest on illi News
- Thiel College to host cyclists for Bike MS: Escape to the Lake 2020 fundraising event
- Syngas & Derivatives Market Worth 501,932 MWth by 2024 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- The Story of the LUCKY GOLD COIN in the Cake
- Kirk Stange And Stange Law Firm, PC Proud To Support Kids Rock Cancer On Their 10th Year Anniversary
- Ottawa-based Business to Create Car Accident Reduction Technology
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Synlio on Sale to Boston-Based Building Engines
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces Plans to Invest $500k To Boost Participation in the 2020 U.S. Census
- Sprawling New Novel, WE OF THE FORSAKEN WORLD, Tackles Themes of Global Connection
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Regent Surgical Health Announces Partnership in Tennessee
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- SOS International Meditation Center in Lisle Featured on Cover of "Metal Architecture"
- Chicago: Statement from Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot and Interim Superintendent Charlie Beck
- GBC aba announces the opening of the only alternative preschool for children with autism in Peoria
- CopyLady Earns ENX Magazine Elite Dealer of the Year Award
- Auto Driveaway acquires a majority interest in Sparkle Mobile LLC
- Freedom Spreads in South America
- Chief Marketer Names August Jackson to the 2020 List of Top 200 Brand Engagement and Experience Agencies in the U.S.