"Every year, more tech companies are opening offices in Chicago, creating new jobs for our city's unmatched workforce and furthering our status as a leading hub for 21st-century innovation," said Mayor Lightfoot. "As a City, we are working to ensure residents in every community have the tools, resources and skills they need to be a part of Chicago's rapidly-growing tech industry."
For the past three years, World Business Chicago's initiative, ChicagoNEXT, has hosted Chicago Tech Day to celebrate the unprecedented growth in the City's technology and innovation sector and providing a platform for local companies to come together, network and collaborate.
"Chicago's tech and innovation community is thriving," said Andrea Zopp, President & CEO of World Business Chicago. "In fact, earlier this month, 1871 Chicago was recognized at the World Incubation Summit as the World #1 Private Business Incubator. It is because of game-changing organizations like 1871 that Chicago is a leader in bold, innovative ideas and entrepreneurship. Today we are proud to celebrate the growth of our local tech companies."
Chicago Tech Day 2019 will be held at the global headquarters of Relativity, whose market-leading data platform helps legal professionals around the world organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Relativity's Chicago office is home to more than 1,000 employees.
More on illi News
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- 360Quadrants Releases Quadrant of Best Marketing Automation Software Vendors
- Chicago: Recovery Task Force Releases Advisory Report to Guide City's Planning Efforts to Recover from Covid-19
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
"It's a privilege to partner with Mayor Lightfoot and World Business Chicago to host Chicago Tech Day at Relativity," said Mike Gamson, CEO at Relativity. "As a tech company founded and headquartered here in Chicago, we're proud to play a role in growing the local tech ecosystem and are looking forward to further building out opportunities for the incredible talent in our community."
Chicago's tech industry is the City's fastest-growing industry sector with over 4,000 digital companies – a more than 270% growth in just ten years. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, tech jobs have grown 38.6 percent since 2010, employing more than 143,000 people.
The tech companies participating in Chicago Tech Day 2019 include:
- Cameo – a platform where fans can book personalized video shout-outs from their favorite celebrities, athletes, or influencers; 80 jobs Evanston Technology Partners – a provider of cybersecurity support services; 130 jobs Fyllo – the world's first cannabis MarTech platform that powers compliance at scale; 210 jobs HealthJoy – a benefits experience platform helping employees make smarter healthcare decisions with personalized guidance and AI technology; 125 jobs Kalderos – is building a data and financial exchange infrastructure to make drug discount programs work for all parties; 127 jobs Kenna Security – an enterprise leader in risk-based vulnerability management by enabling enterprises to work cross-functionally to remediate the vulnerabilities that pose the greatest risk; 65 jobs KIN Insurance – is an insurtech startup and licensed Florida insurance carrier that is fixing home insurance through intuitive tech, affordable pricing, and world-class customer service; 100 jobs LogicGate –a leading GRC process automation platform enabling organizations to operationalize their governance, risk, and compliance programs for enhanced clarity, control, and accountability; 170 jobs Metro Edge Technologies – a certified minority business enterprise, operating a micro-data center, high-performance computer and cloud storage solutions company located in economically challenged urban communities, providing social & economic impact via a data center curriculum training program creating IT career paths; 55 jobs PartySlate – a website that inspires people planning events and connects them with the leading event professionals and venues across the country and the world; 70 jobs Relativity – a global legal technology company headquartered in Chicago whose market-leading data platform helps legal professionals around the world organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The company now includes more than 1,000 team members alongside a passionate global user community of more than 180,000; 400 jobs TripActions – the modern business travel platform that combines AI-driven personalization with unrivaled inventory and 24x7 human support to delight employees, finance leaders, HR professionals, and travel managers alike—all while empowering organizations to seize travel as a strategic lever for culture and growth; 120 jobs Snapsheet – delivers the best claims management technology; 200 jobs Spothero – the digital parking leader and the largest place to buy and sell parking in North America, helping millions of drivers find, book and access off-street parking in 7,000 locations across 300 cities; 155 jobs Village MD – a national healthcare provider and provider services platform that equips primary care physicians with the clinical, operational and financial resources required to succeed in value-based care contracts, while allowing them to preserve clinical autonomy; 95 jobs
More on illi News
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Police Arrest Naperville Man for Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
Launched in 2012 and governed by a council of tech and innovation leaders, ChicagoNEXT is World Business Chicago's dedicated initiative to drive inclusive growth and opportunity for Chicago's technology economy and innovation ecosystem. Their portfolio of programs includes ThinkChicago, the Chicago Venture Summit and the Blackstone Inclusive Entrepreneurship Challenge.
Latest on illi News
- Altitude Outdoor Adventure Partners with TRYTN
- Lake Geneva Cruise Lines Comes Aboard with TRYTN
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- "Blades Direct Reviews" Announces SHOXX and Samedia Products: BX13, Master MST, GX20 and BFM an
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Twista's GMG Artist B-Hype Drops Video For It's My Life
- Janet Hayes named new CEO of Crate and Barrel Holdings, Inc.
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
- PowerOptions Expands Partnership with Solect Energy Through Large-Scale Solar and Storage Program
- Bay Area Health Provider Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Medication Cost for Patients
- Products On The Go is creating the most natural and nourishing products in the country
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Spin: Crowdfunding for the Greater Good
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- New event series pays tribute to black children killed by violence in Chicago