Engine 3 arrived on the scene within 5 minutes of the initial call, identified a commercial strip mall with smoke showing from the roof. Incident command was established by engine 3 while crews deployed a fire hose to the interior of the business. Interior attack crews extinguished visible fire in the kitchen of the business and continued to overhaul the area searching for additional fire. Fire department shift commanders arrived on the scene, assumed command and designated a safety officer. The fire was deemed under control within 10 minutes with additional time to clear smoke from the business. Crews assisted with establishing a water supply, removing smoke by ventilating and checking for possible occupants. Salvage and overhaul activities were conducted to limit further damage to property and contents of the businesses within the strip mall. It was determined the kitchen hood suppression system kept the fire in check until crews could extinguish the fire limiting the spread of fire and minimizing damage.
More on illi News
- Weinstein Spira Announces Multiple Promotions
- La Marketplace B2B de Trace One pour booster les ventes et l'innovation dans l'univers du retail et des PGC
- Woolrior Announces Merino Environmentally Friendly Socks
- Lucd.ai Named "Cool Vendor" by Gartner
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
Additional assistance was provided by The Naperville Police Department, the Lisle Woodridge Fire Protection District and the Transportation and Engineering Department (TED). The involved business was declared uninhabitable and the County Health Department was notified for appropriate inspections.
Naperville fire station coverage was provided by the Warrenville Fire Protection District.
There were no reported injuries to firefighters or civilians.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Naperville Fire Investigation Team.
Latest on illi News
- Various Measures Introduced to and Approved by the Chicago City Council
- Former Boys & Girls Club re-opens as West Cook County Youth Club
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- DCS to Showcase Real-Time Plant Visibility at The Quality Show in Chicago
- Tidewater area restaurant The Dirty Buffalo announces Grand Opening for Virginia Beach location
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- CDI Global Advises DeliTruff in Sweet Belgian Chocolate Deal
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- Refereum Partners With Leading Digital Marketplace OpenSea
- Menke to present at the 2019 ESOP Association Hawaii Chapter Annual Conference October 17
- VF Launches Crypto Social Platform & Mobile IOS Support
- Heritage Planning Partners' Michael D'Aquila Earns WMCP Designation
- Itero Group, LLC Announces Selection to Receive HIRE Vets Platinum Medallion Award
- Visionary 21 Convention Founder Anthony Dream Johnson Becomes First President of "The Manosphere"
- Interior Designer Wins Prestigious Industry Award
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Announces A Projected $25 Million In New Revenues For 2020 Through Improved Accounts Receivable Process
- Kari-Ann Ryan wins prestigious Laurie Stone Woman of the Year award at the 2019 Toast of Schaumburg Gala presented by Schaumburg Business Association
- The Sports Circus Strikes Gold With Exclusive Partnership for National Hotel TV Coverage