- Wireless Charging for Wearables and Beyond: NuCurrent Advances NFC Wireless Charging Beyond the NFC Forum's Global WLC Specification
- Cap Rates for Net Lease Dollar Store Properties Compress to Historic Levels | The Boulder Group
- Naperville: Bond Set at $750,000 for Chicago Man Accused of Attempting to Rob Delivery Driver at Gunpoint
Damage Assessment Update
Damage assessments conducted by the City's Transportation, Engineering, and Development (TED) Business Group inspectors in the hardest-hit area have concluded. A total of 231 structures sustained some level of damage in Sunday's storm, with one home destroyed, 19 declared uninhabitable, 143 suffering major damage and 68 sustaining minor damage. Major damage is classified as those homes that experienced damage that will require a building permit from the City for repair. Minor damage is classified as damage that will generally not require a permit during the repair process.
Special Brush Collection
As a reminder, a special brush collection to assist residents with clean up from Sunday's storm has been scheduled for June 28 through July 3. Generally, the special collection area includes homes south of 75th Street between Plainfield-Naperville Road and Yackley Avenue with collection occurring in some neighborhoods as far south as Royce Road.
More on illi News
- Become a Certified Life or Health Coach by Training with The Mind Remapping Academy
- Marketing Launch Team OÜ introduces GrowNections – an invitation only and AI-powered one-stop business-networking focused social media app
- Sifter.shop Launches the Sifter Professional Network
- Step Up, Stand Out and Break Through with October's First-Ever Black Professionals Month
- Disruptive PropTech platform an offshoot of online fundraising frontrunner
An interactive map on the City's website allows residents to enter their address to see if they are included in the special collection boundaries. Residents within the special collection area should have brush/tree debris out on the parkway by 6 a.m. on Monday, June 28. Brush does not need to be cut to specific sizes or bundled for this special collection. Residents not included in the special brush collection area should follow the City's standard yard waste guidelines.
As they clean up their properties, residents are asked to keep tree debris separate from house and other property debris, as this aids with the removal and disposal process.
Road Closure Update
To facilitate efficient removal of tree debris from the impacted area, Ranchview Drive will close to through traffic during daytime hours for the remainder of the week and from approximately 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Saturday, June 26. Naperville electric crews have completed their work on Bailey Road at this time and have reopened the roadway, and Wehrli Road will reopen between 77th Street and Muirhead Avenue this afternoon. However, other utilities continue to work in the area, which could require rolling lane closures on these and other area roadways at various times. Motorists are encouraged to use caution while driving through the hardest-hit area from Sunday's storm for the foreseeable future, and those who do not live in and around the area should avoid traveling through it. As the City is made aware of these closures, they will be posted to Waze.
More on illi News
- Simple Mills Debuts FIRST National Advertising Campaign Titled "Live Full"
- Camping World Announces Increase in Stock Repurchase Program by $125 Million
- SIGGRAPH 2021 Honors History of Computer Graphics With First-of-its-kind Program
- STW Technic and Elevāt Announce New Partnership for Complete MM-IoT Solution
- Mensa Foundation Honors Danielle Posthuma for Research Identifying Genes Correlated with Intelligence
Community Support Efforts
As the focus moves to long-term recovery, the City is compiling community-led support efforts on its website as it is made aware of them. Those needing assistance are encouraged to visit this resource page, and those wishing to assist should continue to check the website often for the most up-to-date information.
Latest on illi News
- New pad printing ink for plastics from Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc
- Healthwell Acquisition Corp. I Announces Pricing of $250,000,000 Initial Public Offering
- JetRails Announces Magento Hosting Rescue Service
- Baxter Advances Enterprise Digital Transformation in Collaboration With AWS
- MTE Advisors Inc. Offering a 3-Day BRM Workshop
- Two-time WNBA MVP Candace Parker will serve as the Grand Marshal for the 92nd Annual Bud Billiken® Parade
- Sterling Partners Completes Sale of Traffic Control Leader, Statewide Safety Systems
- Upcoming gelataria, SIDESHOW GELATO, brings the carnival for family friendly end of summer spectacular!
- Acumentrics, Inc. will be exhibiting at the annual Wright Patterson AFB Technology Expo on August 11th, 2021, in Dayton, Ohio
- Keller Lenkner Named Trial Strategy Innovation Law Firm of the Year by National Law Journal and American Lawyer Media at 2021 Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
- La Vida Baseball Launches New All-Female and Latina Multimedia Show 'Locker Room Talk' Wednesday
- Katonah Capital Partners Management LLC and Emil van Essen LLC Announce Merger
- Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas names Mary Ellen Podmolik as her new Director of Communications
- Internet Radio Pioneering Radio Station - Global Radio 1 is back on air
- Bowmore® Single Malt Scotch Whisky introduces Designed by Aston Martin collection USA - English Latin America - español Deutschland - Deutsch France - Français Brazil - Português
- First Trust Advisors L.P. Announces Distribution for FT Cboe Vest Gold Strategy Target Income ETF®
- Naperville Police Present College Safety Guide Webinar on August 5
- Beyond Protocol Launches Unhackable Blockchain-Ledger Technology to Record Proof of Ownership of Rare Collectibles
- Make You Shine With Back To School Deals At Beauty Forever Hair Mall
- TDS and UScellular to release second quarter operating results and host conference call on August 6, 2021