"Our goal is to help ensure that our community's residents and visitors make it home safely after the party ends," said Naperville Police Sgt. Derek Zook. "We'll be out in force to keep impaired drivers off the roads. If you'll be celebrating, we urge you to plan ahead for a sober ride. It could be a matter of life or death."
The Naperville Police Department is partnering with the Illinois State Police and local law enforcement agencies across Illinois for the increased statewide effort. The high-visibility crackdown will run through the Labor Day holiday weekend into the early morning hours of Sept. 3.
More on illi News
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Keller, Texas Location
- Mayor Lightfoot, Chicago Public Schools, and The Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) Celebrate Arts and Culture at Solorio Academy High School
- BOMANI Cold Buzz™ Announces Partnership with Integrity Wellness Brands
- Attorney Chase Howard Joins Florida Healthcare Law Firm
- National Event for Singles Launches
Before the fun starts this Labor Day, remember to designate a sober driver and don't let friends or family members drive drunk. Even a small amount of alcohol can impair judgment and reaction times, making driving unsafe.
The "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign is funded by federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation. The crackdown runs concurrently with a media campaign reminding motorists that impaired driving has "Life or Death" consequences. Visit LifeOrDeathIllinois.com for more information.
Latest on illi News
- Autumn in Japan's Ashikaga & Tatebayashi Areas
- Covenant Living Communities And Services Purchases Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Arsenal Recon Releases Major Update to Powerful Digital Forensics Tool
- Intalytics Taps INRIX to Provide Retailers with Best-in-Class Traffic Data for Decision Analysis
- Registration Open: ACI's 10th Annual New York Economic Sanctions Forum Dec. 10-11 New York City
- Official Launch of ExhibitDay.com
- Former Samsung President and CEO Philip Sullivan Joins CEO Coaching International
- Trump Loving Life Coach's New Book Encourages Transparent, Well Intentioned Discussion To Bring Americans Closer
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Doosan Machine Tools Selects MachBase Time-Series Database for Enhanced Edge Computing Capabilities
- Bystronic Introduces ByStar Fiber Laser Cutter with 12kW Fiber Power
- Mobile Cannabis Lounge Tours Land in Los Angeles
- REV•1 Engineering® Takes Early Phase Medical Device Development To The Next Level
- Various Measures Introduced to and Approved by the Chicago City Council
- Eaton Hudson Contracted to Sell Fixed Assets Of Midstate College. Sale Starts October 1st
- Paul Romer, Nobel Prize Recipient for Economic Sciences, joins Worldwide Speakers Group
- Peerless-AV® Partners With BIMsmith® to Provide Digital Models for Building Professionals
- New World Record Efficiency with Flexible CIGS Solar Cell
- The Pet Gal Named One of Top Austin Area Women-Owned Businesses for 2018 Total Revenue
- Habitu8 Named Official Video Partner for National Cyber Security Awareness Month