"Our goal is to help ensure that our community's residents and visitors make it home safely after the party ends," said Naperville Police Sgt. Derek Zook. "We'll be out in force to keep impaired drivers off the roads. If you'll be celebrating, we urge you to plan ahead for a sober ride. It could be a matter of life or death."
The Naperville Police Department is partnering with the Illinois State Police and local law enforcement agencies across Illinois for the increased statewide effort. The high-visibility crackdown will run through the Labor Day holiday weekend into the early morning hours of Sept. 3.
More on illi News
- Insurance Labor Study Uncovers Difficult yet Optimistic Recruitment Environment
- Bone and Joint Institute of Tennessee Surgery Center Performs First Cases
- Naperville Police Investigate Weekend Car Burglaries
- IAOP Releases the 2020 Global Outsourcing 100
- Zezgo Rent A Car today announce the imminent opening of two branches in Jordan as the rollout of the new premium brand
Before the fun starts this Labor Day, remember to designate a sober driver and don't let friends or family members drive drunk. Even a small amount of alcohol can impair judgment and reaction times, making driving unsafe.
The "Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over" campaign is funded by federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation. The crackdown runs concurrently with a media campaign reminding motorists that impaired driving has "Life or Death" consequences. Visit LifeOrDeathIllinois.com for more information.
Latest on illi News
- See More Knives: Trustworthy Knives & Blades
- Motorola Solutions Wins Trade Secret Theft and Copyright Infringement Lawsuits Against Hytera
- Califia and the Timeless Sentries Episode II "Legacies" Streaming Now on YouTube!
- Security Analytics Market Worth $18.1 Billion by 2024 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Evolve IP Integrates Microsoft Teams with Cisco Voice Communications; Enhances Microsoft Teams Phone Systems and Ensures Business Continuity
- Regency DRT acquires Jacksonville Florida restoration company
- The Felix Organization Announces Camp Felix Pride at The Fresh Air Fund
- For Third Year in a Row, Yard Management Solutions Named 2020 MHI Innovation Award Finalist
- Chicago: Statement from Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot
- iMediate Inc Publishes Video Guide to Child Custody for Fathers and Mothers
- Electri-Flex Launches New Zero-Halogen Flexible Conduit Product Video
- Airlite Plastics Co. Announces the Unification of its Arctic Fox Brand Into KODIAKOOLER®
- United States of Freight Launches New Company Website For Heavy Haul Logistics Services
- Rising Hip Hop Artist Cudlino Announces Debut Album W.I.T.S
- SAE J1939 - GPS Module With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- Three ISACA Credentials Rank Among 10 Highest-Paying Tech Certifications
- Mauser Packaging Solutions Invests in State-of-the-Art F-Style Can Lines
- INC Advisors offers Real Time Succession & Valuation Platform
- Northwestern Mutual–Chicago Donates $4K to Ronald McDonald House Charities Chicagoland & Northwest
- Symplast to Showcase Top Ranked Mobile EHR at Inaugural MIAMI COSMETIC SURGERY Meeting