This year's theme, "Global Citizens: Resilient Communities," encouraged young artists between the ages of 13 and 18 to explore how individuals or communities anticipate, adapt and respond to adversity or challenges. Artists explored questions such as "How can internationally engaged future leaders help communities respond to the various global challenges of the 21st century?" and "How does international experience affect an individual or community's ability to adapt?"
More on illi News
- Kenmei Technologies names Ali Wansa as Executive Vice President of Sales
- HDScores Launches New Feature Using Emoticons
- Experience Japan's Historic Edo Period (1603-1868) Today in Tokyo and Tochigi Prefectures
- Mhde Askar Gives Chicago Visitors 6 Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
- The Capitol Hotel Tokyu Offers Authentic Japanese Cultural Experiences
Submitted artwork will be on display at the March 15 reception and a finalist will be chosen to receive a $250 prize. Additionally, the finalist's artwork will be submitted to Sister Cities International in Washington, D.C., for national, and potentially international, recognition. Five national and five international finalists will be selected to have their work displayed at Sister Cities International's 2019 conference in Houston and in select cities around the United States.
The mission of Sister Cities International is "to promote peace through mutual respect, understanding and cooperation — one individual, one community at a time." For more information on the Sister Cities Commission, visit www.naperville.il.us/scc.
Latest on illi News
- Beverly Hills Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes More Effectively To More Buyers
- East Tennessee Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- SiliconExpert and EMA Design Automation Join Forces to Help Engineers Avoid Costly Redesigns
- Pinnacle Welcomes Greg Frankowiak As Senior Consulting Actuary
- sPACYcLOUd Lounge Kicks Off 10th Annual Hemp History Week® To D.C
- Ironside Human Resources - Continues to Grow
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates its Client, Kevin Duffy, on Newest Acquisition
- Toronto Digital Marketing Agency Receives 2019 City Excellence Award
- Is Your Workplace Toxic? Discover What You Can Do About It
- Indeck Group of Companies to Attend 2019 IDEA Conference
- PINC selected 2019 Top 100 Logistics IT Provider
- Afero Introduces ABLE™ Technology, Low-Cost Secure BLE-to-Internet Connectivity for Point-of-Sale Devices
- Poplar Grove, Illinois Publisher Releases Two New Books
- Kenya's First Lady to Keynote 2nd Annual Nursing and Midwifery Leadership Conf June 13-14 sponsored by the Medical Benevolence Foundation
- Advanced ENT Launches New Patient Experience to Improve Access
- CORE® Foods To Showcase New CORE® Bars At Sweets And Snacks Expo
- Gardener's Art Fest at The Growing Place Garden Center
- Open Heaven Conference at Joy Faith Ministries International!
- UrbanBound launches Freeway, a breakthrough relocation product that merges cost control with freedom
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot Signs First Executive Order to Limit Aldermanic Prerogative