- Wireless Charging for Wearables and Beyond: NuCurrent Advances NFC Wireless Charging Beyond the NFC Forum's Global WLC Specification
- Cap Rates for Net Lease Dollar Store Properties Compress to Historic Levels | The Boulder Group
- Naperville: Bond Set at $750,000 for Chicago Man Accused of Attempting to Rob Delivery Driver at Gunpoint
The success BDO has had in fighting COVID has been built upon several pillars. First, the site has been the trusted source of health and wellness information for Blacks for over 15 years, boasting over 20 million reach each month on its website and FB platform. Second, BDO brought the top experts to Facebook Live events and allowed their audience to ask them questions directly. Finally, the site listened to their audience and brought local, trusted physicians to talk about the specifics of vaccine acceptance in their respective communities. BDO did not tell Blacks to get vaccinated. Instead, they provided the most accurate and culturally relevant information so they could make an informed decision.
More on illi News
- Become a Certified Life or Health Coach by Training with The Mind Remapping Academy
- Marketing Launch Team OÜ introduces GrowNections – an invitation only and AI-powered one-stop business-networking focused social media app
- Sifter.shop Launches the Sifter Professional Network
- Step Up, Stand Out and Break Through with October's First-Ever Black Professionals Month
- Disruptive PropTech platform an offshoot of online fundraising frontrunner
A recent example of BDO's successful endeavors is the Community Immunity Series. This was a ten-part Facebook Live series of programs that focused on specific states/regions that had low vaccination rates for Blacks (Alabama, Mississippi, NC/SC, etc.) or areas that had high Black populations (Chicago, DC, Detroit). In all, the programs reached nearly 750,000 people.
The success BDO has had in getting Black Americans vaccinated is remarkable. At the beginning of the pandemic, a poll on the site revealed that nearly 70% of their audience did not plan to get vaccinated. Now, fifteen months later, 70% are reporting being fully vaccinated, with nearly 60% of respondents reporting that BDO was "very helpful" in their decision to get vaccinated.
BDO is dedicated to eliminating healthcare disparities, providing accurate and culturally relevant information, and eliminating the life expectancy gap. Black Americans have a mortality rate more than double that of Whites when contracting COVID. Inasmuch it became paramount to get people the information they needed to keep themselves and their families safe. Partnerships with the Black Coalition Against COVID-19, the COVID-19 Resource Center on their site, articles and interviews with key healthcare professionals has helped BDO become the model of success in the fight against this deadly disease.
More on illi News
- Simple Mills Debuts FIRST National Advertising Campaign Titled "Live Full"
- Camping World Announces Increase in Stock Repurchase Program by $125 Million
- SIGGRAPH 2021 Honors History of Computer Graphics With First-of-its-kind Program
- STW Technic and Elevāt Announce New Partnership for Complete MM-IoT Solution
- Mensa Foundation Honors Danielle Posthuma for Research Identifying Genes Correlated with Intelligence
More about BlackDoctor.org
For over 15 years, BlackDoctor.org has dedicated itself to providing culturally accurate and relevant information to its audience of over 20 million. BDO is the largest and most trusted source of health and wellness content for Black consumers and posts daily to provide the most current and up-to-date information. BDO does not tell people to take the vaccine. Instead, the site has focused on providing facts for informed decision-making and information on how those who want the vaccine can get it. Based on this latest survey, this approach is having an enormously positive effect on how Blacks view the vaccine.
BDO: "Where wellness and culture connect!"
Media Contact: Ellis Dean, [email protected]
SOURCE Black Doctor.org
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- New pad printing ink for plastics from Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc
- Healthwell Acquisition Corp. I Announces Pricing of $250,000,000 Initial Public Offering
- JetRails Announces Magento Hosting Rescue Service
- Baxter Advances Enterprise Digital Transformation in Collaboration With AWS
- MTE Advisors Inc. Offering a 3-Day BRM Workshop
- Two-time WNBA MVP Candace Parker will serve as the Grand Marshal for the 92nd Annual Bud Billiken® Parade
- Sterling Partners Completes Sale of Traffic Control Leader, Statewide Safety Systems
- Upcoming gelataria, SIDESHOW GELATO, brings the carnival for family friendly end of summer spectacular!
- Acumentrics, Inc. will be exhibiting at the annual Wright Patterson AFB Technology Expo on August 11th, 2021, in Dayton, Ohio
- Keller Lenkner Named Trial Strategy Innovation Law Firm of the Year by National Law Journal and American Lawyer Media at 2021 Elite Trial Lawyers Awards
- La Vida Baseball Launches New All-Female and Latina Multimedia Show 'Locker Room Talk' Wednesday
- Katonah Capital Partners Management LLC and Emil van Essen LLC Announce Merger
- Cook County Treasurer Maria Pappas names Mary Ellen Podmolik as her new Director of Communications
- Internet Radio Pioneering Radio Station - Global Radio 1 is back on air
- Bowmore® Single Malt Scotch Whisky introduces Designed by Aston Martin collection USA - English Latin America - español Deutschland - Deutsch France - Français Brazil - Português
- First Trust Advisors L.P. Announces Distribution for FT Cboe Vest Gold Strategy Target Income ETF®
- Naperville Police Present College Safety Guide Webinar on August 5
- Beyond Protocol Launches Unhackable Blockchain-Ledger Technology to Record Proof of Ownership of Rare Collectibles
- Make You Shine With Back To School Deals At Beauty Forever Hair Mall
- TDS and UScellular to release second quarter operating results and host conference call on August 6, 2021