- Barcoding, Inc. Joins Zebra Technologies' PartnerConnect Mobile Robotics Specialization
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Video Celebrating Christ at Christmas Is Out Now
- The Secret to Moving to London from the USA
These grantees worked closely with small business owners, artists, and landlords to provide rapid relief to small businesses by designing and implementing vacant storefront activations on commercial corridors just in time for the Holidays. Through collaboration and dedication of these organizations, Chicagoans will have a chance to shop at 25 Pop-Up spaces filled with over 140 vendors and view art from over 50 artists in 30 previously vacant storefronts.
"The Small Business Storefront Activation Program is truly unique as it showcases Chicago's entrepreneurial spirit and abundance of artistic talent — all while enhancing our local economy and generating new foot-traffic," said Chicago Mayor Lori E. Lightfoot. "Given how essential small businesses are to the commercial corridors of our neighborhoods, I want to encourage Chicagoans to take advantage of the holiday season and spend some time shopping at the exciting new spaces provided by this incredible program, which will ultimately help to make our communities that much more vibrant."
"The small business storefront activations allow small businesses, entrepreneurs, and Chicago's creative makers the opportunity to explore the market of a physical retail space, test their concepts, and interact with customers — all in time for the Holiday shopping season," said BACP Commissioner Kenneth J. Meyer. "The art installations will highlight the vacant storefronts as potential retail opportunities and provide new audiences for local artists, which is a win-win for the community at-large."
Small Business Storefront Activation Program Locations and Information:
- 18th Street Development Corporation
- Inaugural event November 26th
- Pilsen Pop-Up Shop
- Cermak Pop-Up Shop, 1835 W. Cermak Rd.
- 18th Street Pop-Up Shop, 1412 W. 18th St.
- All locations open Thursday to Sunday from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Austin Chamber of Commerce
- The Community Room, 4944 W. Chicago Ave.
- 5812 W. Chicago Ave.
- Chicago Loop Alliance
- State Street Holiday Market, 35 S. State St.
- Art Activations from 2 - 231 S. LaSalle St.
- East Edgewater Chamber of Commerce
- Winter Bryn Mawrkets, 1040 W. Bryn Mawr Ave. & 1052 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Far South Community Development Corporation
- Pop-Ups at 845 - 847 W. 115th St.
- Greater Chatham Initiative
- Grant opening on November 26th
- Holiday Pop-Up on the 9, 735 - 737 E. 79th St.
- Greater Englewood Chamber of Commerce
- Trolley Tour in Partnership with Southeast Chicago Chamber and South Shore Chamber of Commerce on November 26th
- Englewood Marketplace, 1255 W. 63rd St.
- Greater Southwest Development Corporation
- Lakeview Roscoe Village Chamber of Commerce
- Roscoe Village Art Activations, 1931 W. Belmont Ave. & 2159 W. Belmont Ave.
- Lincoln Park Chamber of Commerce
- Halsted Street Window Activations, between 2042 – 2150 N. Halsted St.
- Magnificent Mile Association
- Pop-Up at Kavi Gupta Gallery, 535 N. Michigan Ave.
- North River Commission
- Pop-Up Local Artisan Market, 4730 N. Kimball Ave.
- Ms. Ella's Healing Kitchen, 4718 N. Kedzie Ave.
- Northwest Side Community Development Corporation
- Crecer Business Incubator, 3150 N. Central Ave.
- Diversey Naturals and Organics, 5212 W. Diversey Ave.
- Puerto Rican Cultural Center
- Arturo Schomburg Afro Boricua Immersion (ASABI) Center, 2536 W. Division St.
- Pop-Up Space, 2538 W. Division St.
- Puerto Rico Town Performing Arts Hall, 3411 W. North Ave.
- Art activations on Division St. and North Ave.
- Rogers Park Business Alliance
- Launch of Live Love Shop Rogers Park rebate program on November 26th
- Opening Reception/ Open House December 3rd
- Howard Street Makers Studio, 1609 W. Howard St.
- Howard Street Makers Studio Art, 1531, 1609, & 1631 W. Howard St.
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Trolley Tour in Partnership with Greater Englewood Chamber of Commerce and Southeast Chicago Chamber of Commerce on November 26th
- Connect South Shore Kids Activity Corner, 1900-1902 E. 71st St.
- Connect South Shore Art Gallery, 1904 E. 71st St.
- Connect South Shore Vendors Market, 1908-1910 E. 71st St.
- 71st Street Art Activations on 71 St between 1721 – 1908 E. 71st St.
- Southeast Chicago Chamber of Commerce
- Trolley Tour in Partnership with Greater Englewood Chamber of Commerce and South Shore Chamber of Commerce on November 26th
- Opening Reception/Open House on December 3rd
- Englewood Arts Collective, 1827 E. 79th St.
- Art activations, 1652, 1756, & 1825 E. 79th St.
"We are pleased to partner with the City's Small Business Storefront Activation Program to revitalize vacant storefronts in South Shore," said Tonya Trice, Executive Director of the South Shore Chamber of Commerce. "We want to create an experience unique to our community and increase small business revenue and local shopping during the holiday season. Our activations will include a Kid's Corner, an Art Gallery, and a Vendors Market."
More on illi News
- Astor Investment Management Promotes Nicholas Porter and Eric Solomon.
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Snow & Ice Traction Pads for Vehicles (CHK-298)
- Indies United is pleased to present our December 2022 book releases
- OCC's Vishal Thakkar Named Chief Risk Officer
- Play time for edge computing is over—full scale deployments in 2023, predicts IOTech
"The Small Business Storefront Activation Program will showcase Englewood based entrepreneurs who desire to open their own storefront or see their products on the shelves of local and national stores," said Felicia Slaton-Young, Executive Director of the Greater Englewood Chamber of Commerce. "This Program gives entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their goods and services in space where they can connect directly with public. During the Holiday season, it is a great reason to promote shopping local and what better way to do that than to create space, in a vacant commercial building, and allow opportunity to flourish."
The Small Business Storefront Activation Program is part of the Chicago Recovery Plan, the City's plan to amplify once-in-a-generation federal funding to create an equity-based investment strategy to catalyze a sustainable economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Chicago Recovery Plan invests holistically in communities and industries hardest hit by the pandemic to support equitable economic recovery across the city.
To learn more about this Program and BACP's Recovery Plan efforts, please visit Chicago.gov/BACPRecoveryPlan.
Latest on illi News
- Glassbeam Unveils High-Security Cloud Management Compliance Framework at RSNA 2022 for its Healthcare Analytics Solution for Connected Medical Equipment
- UL Solutions Announces Collaboration with Proion Consultants Pvt. Ltd. to Promote UL Verified Healthy Building Program in India USA - English USA - English USA - English
- UL Solutions Announces Collaboration with Proion Consultants Pvt. Ltd. to Promote UL Verified Healthy Building Program in India
- Sojazzie Home Girl of Delgado Realty & Real African Art Gallery's Home For The Holidays Give Back
- Jason Halbert Exits Apollo Health Products to Expand 3Back Group
- XAI Octagon Floating Rate & Alternative Income Term Trust Will Host Q3 2022 Quarterly Webinar on December 1, 2022
- Naperville Police Announce November Tobacco/Alternative Nicotine Product Compliance Check Results
- Mesirow CEO Natalie A. Brown named one of the Most Influential Women Executives in Corporate America
- Kari-Ann Ryan awarded Volunteer of the Year at the 2022 Toast of Schaumburg from the Schaumburg Business Association
- Hyatt Announces the Opening of Hyatt Regency Trivandrum
- US Foods Announces Dave Flitman as Chief Executive Officer
- Netberg launches Aurora 810 platform for next-generation networks
- Loyola Kaufman Center to Examine Financial Regulation
- GE Healthcare Introduces SIGNA Experience: A New Platform of Transformative Technologies that Leverage the Power of AI and Deep-Learning in MRI Scanning
- Fovia Ai to Showcase AI Visualization Integrations at IAIP Exhibit, RSNA 2022 USA - English USA - English
- GE Healthcare Highlights Transformative Precision Innovations and Collaborations that Help Drive the Future of Health
- Charlotte Company Buys Unpaid Judgments in Mecklenburg and Iredell County
- Must Visit! New Restaurant in Kew Gardens, Queens NY - Love's Kitchen
- Englewood Reimagined on Small Business Saturday!
- The Secret to Moving to London from the USA