- Aug. 11 (8/11) Serves as Reminder for Illinois Residents to Always Contact 811 Before Digging
- SIGGRAPH 2022 Hybrid Conference Enjoys Notable Numbers with In-Person and Virtual Attendees
- Ironbeam becomes CME Group Clearing Member
USW District 11 Director Emil Ramirez, who chaired the negotiations, said that workers showed solidarity to win meaningful economic and contract language improvements for Ardagh employees.
"We negotiated better wages, pensions and benefits without sacrificing the security of our jobs or our union," Ramirez said. "When union workers stand together in the name of fairness and justice, there are no limits to what we can accomplish."
More on illi News
- Boom Boom Firearms Training LLC., Is Hosting Maryland Wear & Carry Permit (CCW) 16-Hour Courses For Eligible MD Residents & Non Residents
- Improvement, data science pros to convene in Atlanta Sept. 19-21
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2022 October Speak Up Women Conference and Last Call For Speakers
- IRI and Ajinomoto Foods Expand Partnership to Proactively Combat Supply Issues
- Mandarina Houses presents a comprehensive solution to your real estate needs
"Our local union representatives' strong voices in negotiations were crucial in making sure the issues most important to the membership were addressed," he said.
The newly ratified contract features yearly wage increases, provides a $2,000 lump sum ratification payment, improves pensions and maintains workers' health insurance with lower premiums.
The USW represents 850,000 men and women employed in metals, mining, pulp and paper, rubber, chemicals, glass, auto supply and the energy-producing industries, along with a growing number of workers in tech, higher education, public sector and service occupations.
More information, contact: Tony Montana – (412) 562-2592 or [email protected]
SOURCE United Steelworkers (USW)
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Eagan Immigration Announces Their Debut on the Inc. 5000
- Office Evolution's Flexible Workspaces Help Connect Chicago Business Professionals
- The Stage is Set for The 2022 DLH Inspire Awards in Hollywood
- New! Volume 11 Quote Acrostic Favorites: Featuring 50 Rewarding Puzzles
- Bowman Consulting Group Ltd. Awarded $2 Million Professional Engineering Services Contract by the Forest Preserves of Cook County
- Contracting Resources Group, Inc. Named on Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies for Fifth Year
- Former Marine Sergeant Michael J. Rotch Launches Life Coaching Program, Helping People Find Their Voice
- Climate Justice Advocate, Felicia Davis, Statement on the Inflation Reduction Act
- Spool Named to Inc. Magazine's List of 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the United States
- Update on I-5 Project, Black Prime Contractor Raimore Construction
- Nations Lending Hires Greg Griffin as VP, Central Regional Manager
- New Website for Jeron Electronic Systems, Inc., USA Manufacturer of Provider® Nurse Call Systems
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Christopher Hussey, Hired
- Aquia Inc. Announces Government and Cyber Veteran Advisory Board; Names Renee Wynn Inaugural Member
- World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys is Back with Two Ways to Earn
- Ansira Accelerates Growth Heading Into Second Half of 2022 Driven By Significant Client Wins, Product Enhancements, and Continued Industry Accolades
- Ironside Human Resources Ranks No.765 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List
- CareWell Health Medical Center Expands Leadership Team, Adds New COO
- Global Workplace Mental Health Provider CuraLinc Healthcare Debuts on the Inc. 5000 List
- BigTime Software Named to 2022 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies in America