- SIGGRAPH 2021 Announces First Wave of Featured Speakers for Virtual Conference
- Ismail Sirdah's Tips for Finding the Perfect concert Venue
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
Created in partnership with the City's wholesale power provider the IMEA, as well as Sol Systems and GRNE Solar, the 4.5-acre solar energy system features 3,348 solar panels and began commercial operation on February 24, 2021.
"Naperville is a city that has always cared about sustainability, and I am thrilled to see this solar energy system come to life," Naperville Mayor Steve Chirico said. "Clean energy is critical to our community's future, and sustainable solutions are best achieved through partnerships, like the one that made this solar energy system possible."
The solar energy system will generate approximately 1.684 million kWh per year, which is enough power to fully supply 180 Naperville electric customers for a year. The public can view the system's real-time output by visiting www.imea.org/NapervilleSolar.aspx.
More on illi News
- The Most Dangerous Gutter Cleaning Mistakes
- Five Ways to Clean Gutters from the Ground
- Gutter Cleaning ... for Father's Day?
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- First Trust Launches First Trust Indxx Medical Devices ETF
"The Illinois Municipal Electric Agency is grateful to the City of Naperville for its commitment to make space available for this project," said Kevin Gaden, President & CEO of the IMEA. "Hosting this solar array is another feather in the cap of this utility and the people of this great community. This solar energy system is very tangible evidence of Naperville's and the IMEA's long-term commitment to serve the needs of electric customers."
Other renewable energy efforts spearheaded by the Naperville Electric Utility through approval by the Naperville City Council include grants for programmable thermostats, attic insulation and windows, as well as rebates for the installation of solar panels on residences and businesses. For more information on how Naperville is powering our community for the future, visit www.naperville.il.us/poweringourcommunity.
For more information about the City of Naperville, visit www.naperville.il.us. Sign up to receive the latest news on the City of Naperville's projects and initiatives via e-mail at www.naperville.il.us/enews.
Photo Caption: An aerial view of the 3,348-panel solar energy system installed at Naperville's Springbrook Water Treatment Facility through a partnership between the City of Naperville, Illinois Municipal Electric Agency (IMEA), Sol Systems and GRNE Solar.
Latest on illi News
- Camping World Continues Expansion of RV Dealer Network in Ohio with Development Plans in the Greater Columbus and East Cleveland Areas
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – June 22 Update
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- Prairie Represents Flat Branch Mortgage, Inc. in its Sale to an ESOP
- Unusual Decline in Showings Reported for May Compared to April, Although Buyer Activity Remains at an All-Time High Per Data From ShowingTime
- Identiti Strengthens Leadership Team to Accelerate Growth
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- Parus Files Second Patent Lawsuit Against Google for Infringement of its Proprietary Voice-Browsing and Device Control Technology
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- First Trust High Income Long/Short Fund Declares its Monthly Common Share Distribution of $0.11 Per Share for July
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Ulta-Lit Has Saved Over One Billion Christmas Tree Light Bulbs from Landfills
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success
- "Spooky Houses" Collection Coming From Tales of Wonder and Dread
- Naperville June 20 Tornado Damage Report – 5 p.m. June 21 Update