- Illinois Man spends over a million dollars creating a prank phone call website and app
- New blog shares helpful information and inspiration about Charcuterie Boards
- Former BIS Special Agent Donald Pearce Joins Torres Trade Advisory
With this approach, access to treatment would now only be available to a privileged few, those with access to research institutions, exacerbating and creating further health inequities. In issuing its decision CMS has the audacity to cite the Alzheimer's Association 2021 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures report on the challenges and barriers underrepresented communities have in participating in clinical trials, and then turn around and propose to impose those very barriers.
People living with Alzheimer's disease deserve the same access to therapies given to those living with other conditions like cancer, heart disease and HIV/AIDS. For those in the Administration to treat those with Alzheimer's disease differently than those with other diseases is simply unacceptable.
More on illi News
- New hire power hitters bring additional strategic depth to help USAM's clients
- Vaccines Market worth $149.2 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- IAA Secures Ground for New UK Branch in Bristol
- FTX US Closes $400M Series A Round
- CyberSecurity Malaysia, EclecticIQ, and Syntx Sign MOU to Build Cyber Threat Intelligence Capabilities in the Region
Critically, this draft decision is not about one treatment but about this class of potential future treatments targeting amyloid for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. This draft decision appears focused on an individual treatment rather than a class, which is not what CMS set out to do.
CMS must change this draft decision. They must ensure equitable access for all who could benefit from FDA-approved treatments. The Alzheimer's Association calls on CMS to not only listen, but hear the needs of people living with dementia and their caregivers.
The above can be attributed to Harry Johns, Alzheimer's Association CEO.
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia — by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support. Our vision is a world without Alzheimer's and all other dementia®. For more information, visit www.alz.org or call the 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900.
SOURCE Alzheimer's Association
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- 11Sight Welcomes Jason Carver as Vice President of Product Management
- From the Midwest to the Southeast: Europe's #1 Coffeehouse Tchibo Announces Expansion Across America
- BigTime Software Named One of the Top 100 Small Businesses in 2020/2021 by Best of Small Business Awards
- Author, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur, And Public Speaker, Mel Jackson To Appear As Keynote Speaker
- TRU Staffing Partners Privacy Expert Earns IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager Credential
- Wohler releases iAM-AUDIO-8 with AoIP options
- Beacon Healthcare Systems Improves Medicare Application Processing Time by 92%
- STS Capital Partners Managing Director Shamil Hargovan Leads 3D Printing Industry Experts Wohlers Associates Sale to ASTM
- Opportunities Worth ~USD 26 Bn Opening Up in E-Mobility Industry - Exclusive Research Study Published by MarketsandMarkets™
- Introducing IDS, a new company from IPD built to revolutionize the connection between owners/operators, assets, and service channels
- American employees seek the flexibility to deal with personal issues when needed
- Composite Resin Market worth $27.4 billion by 2026 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Sidow Sobrino's New Song and Music Video Bananas 4 God is Out Now
- The BGL Healthcare & Life Sciences Insider -- Cardiology Investment Poised to Accelerate
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC
- First Trust Announces Adjournment of Special Shareholder Meeting for First Trust Horizon Managed Volatility Domestic ETF and First Trust Horizon Managed Volatility Developed International ETF
- OpsVeda Announces Completion Of SOC 2 Type II Certification
- ROTI PAYS PEOPLE TO DOWNLOAD THEIR NEW APP…SERIOUSLY!
- Consolidated Communications Helps Parents Keep Kids Safe During Data Privacy Week
- Console & Associates, P.C. Investigates Class Action Lawsuit Following Data Breach at StarTek, Inc