CDG traces its origins to 1970, when BankIllinois established a department to process subscriber bills for small, independent telephone companies, as well as data for the bank. The department became a wholly owned subsidiary of the bank in 1985. The subsidiary's telephone, carrier access billing, and service bureau divisions were later acquired by Hargray Communications Group in 1990 and renamed Communications Data Group. CDG's current owners, Bob LaBonte and Bill Oglesby, who formerly served as chief operating officer and chief financial officer of the Hargray companies, purchased CDG in 2007.
As CDG's CEO, Bob LaBonte, noted, "Two of the biggest factors that drew my partner and me to purchase CDG more than 12 years ago are still true today: One, the innovation that drives CDG products, and, two, the experience of the CDG staff. While CDG started as this little department within BankIllinois to process billing for rural telephone companies, in the early 1980s it was at the forefront of the new CABS market and produced the first CABS invoice received by AT&T on behalf of Alltel in 1984. Today, we are working with leaders in the industry to help develop billing standards for emerging next-gen services, including Ethernet, dark fiber, and other circuit based services. Our BDS-I solution, as a result, can already produce standardized, mechanized billing for these services that can be processed and verified. CDG's innovative spirit is also an integral part of our consumer billing and management solution, MBS, and Mediation system, both of which have evolved dramatically over the years to stay abreast and ahead of industry changes. For MBS, that drive has produced enhancements in our Task Management, E-Care, and CRM / Prospects modules and expanded our API integrations with third-party mapping, financial, and CRM applications. For Mediation, we have developed tools for better record tracking and fraud detection to provide clients the analytical tools they need to manage today's data streams. Industry awareness like that is due in large part to the experience of our employees, which have an average of more than 19 years of service with CDG. CDG's product innovation and personnel experience have been and continue to be direct contributors to CDG's success and longevity."
More on illi News
- New Book Announcement: Executive Engagement Strategies—How to Have Conversations and Develop Relationships that Build B2B Business
- American Lung Association Tackles COVID-19 through Pioneering Model of Education, Advocacy, Research
- STG Logistics handles first FEMA charter of medical supplies
- COVID-19 UPDATE: Coronavirus Positive Patients' can use Sargas' Remote Monitoring platform to free up hospital beds and Medical Staff
- Northern Illinois Author Releases First Science Fiction Novel
About CDG: CDG offers scalable, accurate billing and operational support solutions for voice, video, and data for retail and wholesale telecommunications carriers and service providers. Options include: BDS, Interconnect, CABS, Mediation, Customer Care, Network / Plant, Trouble, Service Provisioning, E-Care, Task Management, CRM / Prospects, and third-party financial, accounting, mapping, and facilities management products. Service bureau, hosted, and licensed options are available. Visit our website at www.cdg.ws to learn more.
Contact: Ryan Travaille
Phone: 217 402-3445
SOURCE Communications Data Group
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- COVID-19: Non-profit Donates Supplies to Dockweiler State Beach Quarantine Zone
- Somatic Spiritual Counseling: New Psychotherapy Practice in Boulder, CO + Online
- Boss Holdings Announces Current Status of Operations under COVID-19 Conditions
- PSXDigital Offers Free Online Courses to All plus Defers Billing of Current Dealer Partners
- Airforwarders Association applauds passage of CARES Act
- NVL Director Named "Top Woman to Watch"
- Hungry Fathers Spring into Obscurity with Their New Rock Album Ripley
- New AUA/CSU Agreement Creates Admissions Pathway for African-American Medical Students
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot, The Department of Housing and Family Independence Initiative (FII) Launch Covid-19 Housing Assistance Grant Program
- Mayor Lightfoot Joins Department of Family and Support Services and AARP For A Telephone Town Hall to Address Chicago's Senior Population
- Triton Realty Group LLC Release COVID-19 Multifamily Chicago Impact Report
- Generis Donate CARA Platform to Ventilator Manufacturers
- New Study Confirms Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment After Only 10 Days
- Colorado Sustainable Apparel Brand Kastlfel Retools To Raise Funds For Colorado Covid Relief Fund
- Enigma Forensics ID's Top Counties in 8 States that Should Consider Immediate Shelter at Home Orders
- San Jose Fitness Studio Launches At-Home Accountability Challenge With Proceeds Supporting Local Small Businesses
- Medical Equipment Shortages Create Critical Risk on COVID-19 Front Line
- Naperville: Crime Stoppers Reward Offered for Information in Battery Case
- "A Surgeon's Lessons, Learned and Lost" - How Much Has Medicine Truly Advanced Over the Years?
- COVID-19 Anxieties: Six Tips To Avoid Stress Eating When Social Distancing