"To those who are alone, we are with you. To those who need a home, we will shelter you. For those who have little, we will do much. We see you. We hear you. We are your neighbors. And—so help me—we will not pass you by," said Mayor Lightfoot.
Mayor Lightfoot took the oath of office administered by the Honorable Susan E. Cox, Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Illinois and long-time friend of the Mayor. Preceding Mayor Lightfoot taking the oath, Clerk Anna Valencia, all fifty City Council members (including 12 new members), and Treasurer Melissa Conyears-Ervin were also sworn in.
More on illi News
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- 360Quadrants Releases Quadrant of Best Landing Page Builder Software Vendors
- Chicago: Mayor Lightfoot and DCASE Launch 5 Days of Virtual Events and Community Meals to Support Neighborhood Restaurants and Nonprofits
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
The presentation of colors was given by the Phoenix Military Academy JROTC.
The Pledge of Allegiance was performed by 17-year old Arturo Ballesteros from Back of the Yards College Prep and the National Anthem was performed by Miguel Cervantes of Chicago's "Hamilton" accompanied by the Chicago Sinfonietta.
Musical entertainment included Chicago Gay Men's Chorus, Puerto Rican Arts Alliance, After School Matters Choir, Native Veterans Group of Trickster Art Gallery, Ribbon Town Drum from Pokagon Band of Potawatomi, Chicago Sinfonietta - Project Inclusion, Merit School of Music, Alfreda Burke & Rodrick Dixon accompanied by Fred Nelson III, Lizz Wright accompanied by Kenny Banks and Bagpipes & Drums of the Emerald Society of the Chicago Police Department.
Faith leaders participating in the program included Rev. Dr. L. Bernard Jakes of West Point
Missionary Baptist Church, Imam Tariq I. El-Amin of Masjid Al-Taqwa, Rev. Dr. Beth Brown of Lincoln Park Presbyterian Church, Rabbi Capers C. Funnye, Jr of Beth Shalom B'Nai Zaken Ethiopian Hebrew Congregation and Father Thomas J. Hurley of Old Saint Patrick's Church.
More on illi News
- "Secret Shopper" Patients Improve Medical Care, Documentation, and Spending
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
Steppenwolf Ensemble Member Amy Morton served as the Master of Ceremonies.
Following the inaugural ceremony, Mayor Lightfoot and First Lady Amy Eshleman will greet members of the public at City Hall during a public open house from 2-4pm.
Mayor Lightfoot is Chicago's first black female, and first openly gay mayor. Lightfoot is the second woman to be elected to the post in Chicago's history.
The full text of the speech is available HERE. The inauguration in its entirety can be viewed at [http://%20www.bettertogetherchicago.com]www.bet... and [http://%20www.chicago.gov/livestream]www.chicag....
Latest on illi News
- Mahmood Khan and Willoughby Symphony crack the Billboard Charts
- NACCE Announces Multi-Year Partnership with the Philip E. and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Spin: Crowdfunding for the Greater Good
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Syncro's Next-Gen MSP Platform Sees Massive Growth in 2020
- New event series pays tribute to black children killed by violence in Chicago
- Mayor Lightfoot Launches Signature Chicago Utility Billing Relief Program
- Extra/Ordinary Small Business Podcast Season 2 Launches with All-Star Lineup
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 Earnings & Appoints Advisor to Ideanomics' MEG and Medici Motor Works
- Astor Capital Launches $45M AI Investment Initiative
- Naperville: July 4 Fire at Leeds Court Residence
- Astor Capital Fund to Establish Charitable Giving Wing – $47M Project
- KONE Announces Leadership focused on the Health and Well-Being of Employees and Customers
- The DiSTI Corporation Names John Hayward Chief Executive Officer
- Regulating the Moving Target of Insurtech Through One of the Worst Credit Crises in Modern Times
- DelMar Aerospace Corporation Announces New Leadership
- Reasons to Trust Our Experts and Avoid DIY