Robinson, who founded the company in 2016, was named to Entrepreneur's 100 Powerful Women list, alongside Taraji P. Henson, Padma Lakshmi, and Jameela Jamil. She will also be featured in the November issue of Inc. as part of their 2020 Female Founders 100.
In late September, Robinson was named to Chicago Business Journal's 2020 Women of Influence.
"These honors reinforce the positive impact of the work we've been doing at The Mom Project to support moms, especially through 2020—a year I don't think any of us had anticipated," Robinson said. "Being honored really means moms make the list, and for that I am exceptionally excited. We are just getting started, and companies need to hire, retain, support and promote women and moms now more than ever."
More on illi News
- Bisnar Chase Employment Attorneys Victorious in California Appellate Court
- Intern Pursuit Platform Launches Their New Game!
- An Original Radio Play Mystery Comedy "The Case of the Missing Parents"
- Kari-Ann Ryan wins respected Leader of the Year award at the 2020 Toast of Schaumburg with the Schaumburg Business Association
- Fine Art, Jewelry & Decorative Arts at Auction this Autumn at Shapiro Auctions
Women are being forced to leave the workforce at an alarming rate due to the strains put on them and their households due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. According to reports, 865,000 women either left the American workforce or stopped looking for work in September. Women of color continue to be hit the hardest with 324,000 Hispanic women making up nearly half of those numbers, while 58,000 Black women left the workforce or stopped looking for work.
To help support and empower women, especially during these trying times, The Mom Project announced its Stronger Together Fund, RALLY and Unity programs, and most recently, RISE, the first initiative from MomProject.org, which will elevate 10,000 women of color over the next three years by providing scholarships to highly sought after technology certificates such as Google and Salesforce that will bolster their earning potential.
More on illi News
- Cision Insights and Adobe Win 2020 PRNEWS Platinum Public Relations Award for Best Use of Data and Measurement
- CEO & Agents Elected to Prominent ATA Roles
- Naperville Firefighters Extinguish Residential Fire on 600 Block of Century Farm Dr.
- American University of Antigua College of Medicine and University of the Southwest Partner to Offer Students Medical School Opportunity
- From Voting Systems to COVID-19 Pandemic, Industrial and Systems Engineers Tackle Tough Topics on International Podcast
While The Mom Project continues to champion moms across the United States, the company itself was honored by Comparably as one of the Best Companies for Perks & Benefits and Best Companies for Work-Life Balance.
About The Mom Project
The Mom Project is the leader in helping businesses attract and retain female talent. With a community of more than 300,000 talented professionals connecting to 2,000+ companies, The Mom Project is committed to building a better workplace by harnessing the oft-overlooked intellectual workplace power of moms. The Chicago-based company was founded in 2016 by Allison Robinson, who serves as CEO, and has raised $36M in funding to date. Serena Williams joined The Mom Project as a Strategic Advisor in early 2020 to further mobilize the mission.
SOURCE The Mom Project
Filed Under: Business
Latest on illi News
- Vibes Recognized as a Leader Again in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms
- Antares Capital Closes Eighth CLO Transaction, Bringing CLO Assets Under Management to $7.5 Billion
- Insivia Re-launches SaaS Founder Show
- PrimeArray Systems is thrilled to offer the must-have NAS features of 2021
- Syxsense Experiences Record-Breaking Growth As Millions of Remote Workers Create Cyber Security Demand
- Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) Market for Healthcare worth $3.9 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- IT Certification Council Launches New Website
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Yosemite Pathology Group on Recent Acquisition
- Monroe Capital Supports Vector Capital's Acquisition of MarkLogic Corporation
- Aliphatic Hydrocarbon Solvents & Thinners Market worth $4.3 billion by 2025 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets™
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- Economic Impact Of Disability Travel Reaches $58.7 Billion
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- 2020 Virtual Business & Leadership Conference
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- Switchfast Technologies Announcing Axcell Technologies Acquisition
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Watts Of Love Introduces Innovative Patented Solar Lights To Illuminate The Path Out Of Poverty For Thousands Of Families Across The Developing World
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI