- Aug. 11 (8/11) Serves as Reminder for Illinois Residents to Always Contact 811 Before Digging
- SIGGRAPH 2022 Hybrid Conference Enjoys Notable Numbers with In-Person and Virtual Attendees
- Ironbeam becomes CME Group Clearing Member
"Michelle Mills Clement has fought tooth and nail for equity and antiracism in the real estate industry in Chicago and beyond," said Mayor Lori Lightfoot. "Her wealth of experience in the industry and commitment to social and economic justice have established her as one of the most inspiring minds in her field. As we continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, Michelle's presence on the MPEA board will be critical in ensuring we have an equitable and inclusive recovery for everyone impacted by MPEA's work."
Before joining the Chicago Association of Realtors as CEO, Mills Clement served as president and CEO of the Commercial Brokers Association in Seattle and Executive Director of the NAIOP Washington State Chapter. She is also a board director of the Association Forum and a fellow of ASAE: The Center for Association Excellence.
More on illi News
- Boom Boom Firearms Training LLC., Is Hosting Maryland Wear & Carry Permit (CCW) 16-Hour Courses For Eligible MD Residents & Non Residents
- Improvement, data science pros to convene in Atlanta Sept. 19-21
- Multi #1 International Best-Selling Author Jennifer S. Wilkov Announces the 2022 October Speak Up Women Conference and Last Call For Speakers
- IRI and Ajinomoto Foods Expand Partnership to Proactively Combat Supply Issues
- Mandarina Houses presents a comprehensive solution to your real estate needs
"We are excited for the addition of Michelle Mills Clement to the Board of Directors," said Jeffrey Bethke, MPEA Board chairman and CEO of Ingenuity Advising. "A leader throughout her career, her focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion and antiracism in real estate will provide vital experience and insight."
Mills Clement has been an outspoken advocate for diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism, and fair housing. Her advocacy has been in the local and national spotlight through op-eds, speaking opportunities, and hosting a podcast, Texts to Table, which focuses on DEI.
Mills Clement's accomplishments have earned her numerous awards and honors including being named to Crain's Chicago Business's "40 Under 40" list and the Swanepoel Power 200 List. She has earned a Certified Association Executive (CAE) certification from ASAE and a Realtor Certified Executive (RCE) certification from the National Association of Realtors. She is also an ASAE Fellow.
"Michelle Mills Clement will provide thoughtful insights and experience to the Board of Directors," said MPEA CEO Larita Clark. "Her addition comes at an exciting time for MPEA, and we look forward to the value she will add."
More on illi News
- GTCR Forms Portfolio Resources Group to Support Portfolio Company Growth
- Bundledocs launch new Cloud PDF Editor as part of their entry into North American market
- Monroe Capital Supports Clarion Capital Partners' Recapitalization of Premiere Digital Services
- Non-profit Responds to Post Covid Needs
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Sells 11 Million Shares of Option Care Health
Beyond her professional experience, Mills Clement serves on the Bradley University Board of Trustees, is an active member of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, and volunteers regularly with CREW Chicago to introduce careers in commercial real estate to girls ages 12 to 18 on Chicago's West Side.
She lives in Chicago's West Town neighborhood with her husband, Brace, and 3-year-old son, Broyce.
The Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (MPEA) is a municipal corporation created by the Illinois General Assembly and tasked with attracting trade shows, conventions, meetings, expositions, and public events to strengthen the economy of the State of Illinois and City of Chicago. MPEA owns the McCormick Place convention center, Wintrust Arena, and two on-site hotels, in addition to Navy Pier.
ABOUT MPEA'S BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MPEA's Board is comprised of nine members — four appointed by the governor and four appointed by the Chicago mayor, with the chair being selected by the Board. Board members lead MPEA in its mission to promote and create economic activity in the region.
Latest on illi News
- Ansira Accelerates Growth Heading Into Second Half of 2022 Driven By Significant Client Wins, Product Enhancements, and Continued Industry Accolades
- Ironside Human Resources Ranks No.765 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List
- CareWell Health Medical Center Expands Leadership Team, Adds New COO
- Global Workplace Mental Health Provider CuraLinc Healthcare Debuts on the Inc. 5000 List
- BigTime Software Named to 2022 Inc. 5000 List of Fastest Growing Companies in America
- Tales of Wonder and Dread To Mark Anniversary With New Books
- Arizona Fireplaces Ranks No. 3277 on the 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List
- Motherly Named to 2022 Inc. 5000 Annual List Among America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- HAMILTON BEACH BRANDS HOLDING COMPANY TO PARTICIPATE IN MIDWEST IDEAS INVESTOR CONFERENCE
- Summit Report Released: Keeping Schools Open in 2022 and Beyond
- The BGL Industrials Insider -- Industrial Distribution M&A Remains Active Amid Market Uncertainty
- Rock Guitarist Reveals Secrets Of Sweep Picking Technique
- Illinois American Water Announces 2022 Firefighter Grant Program
- InventHelp Inventors Develop Portable Cigar/Cigarette Holder (CHK-114)
- Bold New Book, If Only We Knew, Offers A Framework To Understand And Solve Today's Social Issues
- Living Waters Inc to Host the "2022 Mental Health Summit"
- Lincoln Private Market Index Experiences First Decline Since Q1 2020
- Wood Underwear® FW22 Introduces New Styles in Lounge
- Winston & Strawn Adds Corporate Partner Aaron Berlin in Chicago
- Loxperts Inc. launches the first-ever on-demand freelancer marketplace dedicated to localization experts